Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S2 (International)

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 22nd, 2013, 05:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 16
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Notsure Failed to upgrade from 2.3.3 via kies

I tried to upgrade and the firmware is downloaded 100% then a screen with failed to upgrade appears! I dont know whats the problem.. I updated another phone before and didn't have this problem.

I checked the CSC and there's an update for it.. tell me what to do?

I have the latest version of kies air

24HR44 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 22nd, 2013, 12:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: UK
Gender: Male
Posts: 303
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 22
Thanked 65 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24HR44 View Post
I tried to upgrade and the firmware is downloaded 100% then a screen with failed to upgrade appears! I dont know whats the problem.. I updated another phone before and didn't have this problem.

I checked the CSC and there's an update for it.. tell me what to do?

I have the latest version of kies air

Can you boot into download mode, volume up - power and home button simultaneously ? if so try updating via ODIN
kelis32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2013, 08:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 16
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelis32 View Post
Can you boot into download mode, volume up - power and home button simultaneously ? if so try updating via ODIN
I cant when I do that the phone restarts and nothing happens
24HR44 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2013, 12:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: UK
Gender: Male
Posts: 303
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 22
Thanked 65 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24HR44 View Post
I cant when I do that the phone restarts and nothing happens

Do you have the PC version of KIES, if not download it and install it. Connect your phone and see if kies picks it up, if it does check for an upgrade and do it that way


If that fails then you may have to try this

Step 1: Open KIES on your PC but don't plug your phone in.

Step 2: When KIES opens up, click on firmware upgrade and initialization under tools.

Step 3: KIES will ask for your device information. Fill it in. (you can find your info on the sticker that's in the battery slot. You will have to remove your battery)

Step 4: Follow the steps as KIES tells you to put your device into download mode.

Step 5: KIES should download and flash official stock firmware to your device

This will wipe all your data from the phone so you will have to reinstall apps etc etc
kelis32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2013, 01:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 16
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelis32 View Post
Do you have the PC version of KIES, if not download it and install it. Connect your phone and see if kies picks it up, if it does check for an upgrade and do it that way


If that fails then you may have to try this

Step 1: Open KIES on your PC but don't plug your phone in.

Step 2: When KIES opens up, click on firmware upgrade and initialization under tools.

Step 3: KIES will ask for your device information. Fill it in. (you can find your info on the sticker that's in the battery slot. You will have to remove your battery)

Step 4: Follow the steps as KIES tells you to put your device into download mode.

Step 5: KIES should download and flash official stock firmware to your device

This will wipe all your data from the phone so you will have to reinstall apps etc etc
I have the pc version and it downloads & reach 100% then this message appears "failed to run firmware upgrade. unknown error occurred"

I tried what you said above but a message saying the phone cant be initiated or something like that

I think I know the problem now.. the update that is showing for me is for JB but its not released for the phone (CSC = OJP)

I thought it would be for ICS but it looks like its not (Latest firmware version : PDA:LSD / PHONE:LS8 / CSC:LS6 (XSG))

How can I upgrade to ICS ?
24HR44 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2013, 01:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: UK
Gender: Male
Posts: 303
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 22
Thanked 65 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24HR44 View Post
I have the pc version and it downloads & reach 100% then this message appears "failed to run firmware upgrade. unknown error occurred"

I tried what you said above but a message saying the phone cant be initiated or something like that

I think I know the problem now.. the update that is showing for me is for JB but its not released for the phone (CSC = OJP)

I thought it would be for ICS but it looks like its not (Latest firmware version : PDA:LSD / PHONE:LS8 / CSC:LS6 (XSG))

How can I upgrade to ICS ?
Hello

To do anything your first going to have to get into download mode or recovery, in your previous post you stated that the phone restarts, this suggests that you are not holding the keys correctly.

Turn your phone off and then hold the power, home and volume buttons at the same time until your phone starts. Make sure you let go when the download screen comes on as keeping hold of the buttons will restart the phone, try it a few times as it can be tricky initially

Holding the volume down will boot into download and volume up will boot into recovery

Can you tell us where you are and who your carrier is
Thanks
kelis32 is offline  
Last edited by kelis32; February 28th, 2013 at 01:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2013, 01:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 16
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelis32 View Post
Hello

To do anything your first going to have to get into download mode or recovery, in your previous post you stated that the phone restarts, this suggests that you are not holding the keys correctly.

Turn your phone off and then hold the power, home and volume buttons at the same time until your phone starts. Make sure you let go when the download screen comes on as keeping hold of the buttons will restart the phone, try it a few times as it can be tricky initially

Holding the volume down will boot into download and volume up will boot into recovery

Can you tell us where you are and who your carrier is
Thanks
Its in download mode now

From Bahrain.. Batelco
24HR44 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2013, 02:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: UK
Gender: Male
Posts: 303
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 22
Thanked 65 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24HR44 View Post
Its in download mode now

From Bahrain.. Batelco

Ok can you just confirm its an I9100 and not a variant, make sure your battery is charged as well

Once you battery is charged download this file

http://www.hotfile.com/dl/153172673/720f59a/I9100XWLP7_I9100OJVLPB_ARB.zip.html

Then follow this guide

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/mobile-phones/how-to-install-ice-cream-sandwich-on-your-samsung-galaxy-s2-50006766/

You dont need to get the firmware from here as thats in the link above, just get ODIN and follow the instructions
kelis32 is offline  
Last edited by kelis32; February 28th, 2013 at 03:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Samsung Galaxy S2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Galaxy S2 (sometimes known as the Galaxy S II) is the follow up to Samsung's widely successful Galaxy S lineup. This time, the Galaxy S2 raises all the stakes and Samsung has found a way to double almost every spec in a true, one of a kind ... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S2 (International)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.