Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S2 (International)

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kelis32

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 3rd, 2013, 03:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 32
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 27
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Question Downgrading S2 I9100 to XXLSJ back!

Hello All,

I am on the LATEST UHMS8 Android 4.1.2 (LATEST, FEB 26) on my S2 (came though all the official versions prior).

Now all that I want is to, flash my S2 back to XXLSJ Android 4.1.2 (because no official JB performed close to XXLSJ in stability/battery endurance through my experience with it, even the latest one.period).

I am all ready with the leaked XXLSJ Android 4.1.2 package and Odin,

Please advise on

1) Any issues there to downgrade to XXLSJ from official UHMS8?

2) Any other precautions and is it a safe move?
3) It's better to do a full data wipe prior TO re-flashing XXLSJ isn't it? How to do that?
4) My UHMS8 is rooted with Siyah-s2-v6.0b4, I may lose root no worries, OTHER CONCERNS?

I don't care my apps or anything, will care to reinstall them over again...all I need is the outstanidng performance offered by XXLSJ!!

Waiting for an expert's word to BEGIN!







insaf_mohd is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 3rd, 2013, 04:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: UK
Gender: Male
Posts: 303
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 22
Thanked 65 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaf_mohd View Post
Hello All,

I am on the LATEST UHMS8 Android 4.1.2 (LATEST, FEB 26) on my S2 (came though all the official versions prior).

Now all that I want is to, flash my S2 back to XXLSJ Android 4.1.2 (because no official JB performed close to XXLSJ in stability/battery endurance through my experience with it, even the latest one.period).

I am all ready with the leaked XXLSJ Android 4.1.2 package and Odin,

Please advise on

1) Any issues there to downgrade to XXLSJ from official UHMS8?

2) Any other precautions and is it a safe move?
3) It's better to do a full data wipe prior TO re-flashing XXLSJ isn't it? How to do that?
4) My UHMS8 is rooted with Siyah-s2-v6.0b4, I may lose root no worries, OTHER CONCERNS?

I don't care my apps or anything, will care to reinstall them over again...all I need is the outstanidng performance offered by XXLSJ!!

Waiting for an expert's word to BEGIN!






Hello

There will be no issues going back to LSJ, i and a number of other people here have reverted back to that release.

For a clean install you can try Hawkers scripts

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2100558

or

Go to recovery, Select Wipe data, Wipe cache
Go to Advance and Select Wipe dalvik cache
Go to Mounts and storage, select Format system

Once you format system you will only be able to boot into recovery/download but this will clean more than data/factory reset

You will lose root as stated but can reflash at any time

also have a look here

Full wipe. What's the big deal? Steps to take (15 mins)

Cheers
insaf_mohd likes this.
kelis32 is offline  
Last edited by kelis32; March 3rd, 2013 at 05:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kelis32 For This Useful Post:
insaf_mohd (March 3rd, 2013)
Old March 3rd, 2013, 06:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 32
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 27
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelis32 View Post
Hello

There will be no issues going back to LSJ, i and a number of other people here have reverted back to that release.

For a clean install you can try Hawkers scripts

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2100558

or

Go to recovery, Select Wipe data, Wipe cache
Go to Advance and Select Wipe dalvik cache
Go to Mounts and storage, select Format system

Once you format system you will only be able to boot into recovery/download but this will clean more than data/factory reset

You will lose root as stated but can reflash at any time

also have a look here

Full wipe. What's the big deal? Steps to take (15 mins)

Cheers
I just did it bro, let me customize and make it MINE..

I used the option 2 (typical recovery options
Thanks a lot!
insaf_mohd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 12:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 246
 
Device(s): Galaxy S II i9100, NeatRom Lite 4.4 Siyah v6.0b5 Galaxy S III arriving soon.
Carrier: Crazy John (Vodafone)

Thanks: 16
Thanked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Default

where can I download LSJ?
FinancialWar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 02:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 32
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 27
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default XXLSJ download

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinancialWar View Post
where can I download LSJ?
Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: I9100XXLSJ_I9100OXXLS1_OXX.zip

Update Galaxy S2 I9100 to XXLSJ Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Leaked Test Firmware [How To] - Tutorial / Guide

Hope it helps!!
insaf_mohd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 02:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 32
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 27
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinancialWar View Post
where can I download LSJ?
Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: I9100XXLSJ_I9100OXXLS1_OXX.zip

Update Galaxy S2 I9100 to XXLSJ Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Leaked Test Firmware [How To] - Tutorial / Guide

Hope it helps!!
insaf_mohd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 03:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

cannot link to hotfile site. any other ftp sites? can you send me the file?
robgrune is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Samsung Galaxy S2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Galaxy S2 (sometimes known as the Galaxy S II) is the follow up to Samsung's widely successful Galaxy S lineup. This time, the Galaxy S2 raises all the stakes and Samsung has found a way to double almost every spec in a true, one of a kind ... Read More

Tags
jelly bean 4.1.2


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S2 (International)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.