Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S2 (International)

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By scotty001
  • 1 Post By kelis32

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 13th, 2013, 09:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Luxembourg
Gender: Male
Posts: 128
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4, MS Surface Pro 128Gb
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Default Unfortunately, Google Play has stopped.

Upgraded my S2 from ICS to JB last night.

Since then the pop up warning "Unfortunately Google Play Store has stopped. Okay." keeps appearing and the phone is sort of frozen for the next ten to fifteen seconds.

Anybody know what this is all about?

Thanks,
John

CargoMatatu is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 13th, 2013, 12:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: God's Country, Lancashire UK
Gender: Male
Posts: 10
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S2 black, Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 frost white Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 white
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Try removing your google account then adding it again
superflyguy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 03:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Luxembourg
Gender: Male
Posts: 128
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4, MS Surface Pro 128Gb
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Default

How do I do that?

Sorry, but you're talking to a techno-moron here!
CargoMatatu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 04:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 50
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CargoMatatu View Post
How do I do that?

Sorry, but you're talking to a techno-moron here!
Before you do make sure you remember your google password !!!! you will need it to re add the account.

On the home screen click the left hand hardware button (next to the middle home button)

On the pop-up press settings

Scroll down to "personal" Accounts and Sync and press that
now you will see your accounts and you should see one that has the Google symbol and you Google user name

Press that icon and then it will show the options for the account, right at the bottom right you will see "Remove account" (next to Sync now) click on remove account.

You will have another pop-up with remove account and cancel, click on remove account.

To add the account again i personally restart the phone then re go through the steps to get into the accounts and sync page.

this time press "Add account"

scroll down to google icon and press that icon

now press Existing

enter your user name and password followed by sign in .
CargoMatatu likes this.
scotty001 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scotty001 For This Useful Post:
CargoMatatu (March 14th, 2013)
Old March 14th, 2013, 04:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Luxembourg
Gender: Male
Posts: 128
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4, MS Surface Pro 128Gb
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Thanks, Scotty.
I have followed those steps and will see what happens.

Funny thing, I got that same pop-up warning about two thirds of the way through the process, but I reckoned it was appropriate!
CargoMatatu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 09:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Luxembourg
Gender: Male
Posts: 128
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4, MS Surface Pro 128Gb
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Default

It seemed to be okay for about four hours, but has just done it again! Aaargh!
CargoMatatu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 10:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Luxembourg
Gender: Male
Posts: 128
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4, MS Surface Pro 128Gb
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Default

So I tried the same process again, but this time slightly differently.

First, delete account; wait five minutes; shut-down phone.

Second, wait five minutes.

Third, start phone; wait for it to stabilise; add account; wait five minutes; shut-down phone.

Wait five minutes, restart phone.

Problem still there! :-(((
CargoMatatu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 02:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: UK
Gender: Male
Posts: 303
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 22
Thanked 65 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CargoMatatu View Post
So I tried the same process again, but this time slightly differently.

First, delete account; wait five minutes; shut-down phone.

Second, wait five minutes.

Third, start phone; wait for it to stabilise; add account; wait five minutes; shut-down phone.

Wait five minutes, restart phone.

Problem still there! :-(((
Are you on a custom ROM ? how did you upgrade ?

Try installing the latest apk

com.android.vending-3.10.14.apk | by Android Police for Generic Device
kelis32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 03:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Luxembourg
Gender: Male
Posts: 128
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4, MS Surface Pro 128Gb
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Default

No custom ROM, no rooting, nothing. As I said earlier I am a techno-moron so everything is basic with me!

I got a push notification from Samsung that a firmware upgrade was available, so I connected my phone to Kies via my pc and the update then took place in the normal Kies way.

My firmware is Hong Kong as I bought it from the duty free while passing through there eighteen months ago.

The previous upgrade from GB to ICS was done the same way and went absolutely smoothly.

My phone's details:

Model number
GT-I9100

Android version
4.1.2

Baseband version
I9100XXLS8

Kernel version
3.0.31-863962
SMP PREEMPT Wed Jan 30
22:39:02 KST 2013

Build number
JZO54K.I9100ZSLSH
CargoMatatu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 02:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: UK
Gender: Male
Posts: 303
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 22
Thanked 65 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CargoMatatu View Post
No custom ROM, no rooting, nothing. As I said earlier I am a techno-moron so everything is basic with me!

I got a push notification from Samsung that a firmware upgrade was available, so I connected my phone to Kies via my pc and the update then took place in the normal Kies way.

My firmware is Hong Kong as I bought it from the duty free while passing through there eighteen months ago.

The previous upgrade from GB to ICS was done the same way and went absolutely smoothly.

My phone's details:

Model number
GT-I9100

Android version
4.1.2

Baseband version
I9100XXLS8

Kernel version
3.0.31-863962
SMP PREEMPT Wed Jan 30
22:39:02 KST 2013

Build number
JZO54K.I9100ZSLSH
You could try to see if you can uninstall the updates to the store, it should go back to the market app and then reinstall the updates

Settings > App Manager >All >Select Google Play Store and Click on Uninstall Updates Button

Clear data while you are there as well
CargoMatatu likes this.
kelis32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kelis32 For This Useful Post:
CargoMatatu (March 16th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old March 16th, 2013, 08:25 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Luxembourg
Gender: Male
Posts: 128
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4, MS Surface Pro 128Gb
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Default

That worked! :-)))

Thanks, all, for your help.
CargoMatatu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2013, 09:25 AM   #12 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kiss Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty001 View Post
Before you do make sure you remember your google password !!!! you will need it to re add the account.

On the home screen click the left hand hardware button (next to the middle home button)

On the pop-up press settings

Scroll down to "personal" Accounts and Sync and press that
now you will see your accounts and you should see one that has the Google symbol and you Google user name

Press that icon and then it will show the options for the account, right at the bottom right you will see "Remove account" (next to Sync now) click on remove account.

You will have another pop-up with remove account and cancel, click on remove account.

To add the account again i personally restart the phone then re go through the steps to get into the accounts and sync page.

this time press "Add account"

scroll down to google icon and press that icon

now press Existing

enter your user name and password followed by sign in .
Ty Man You Were Really helpful <3
SailorShadow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2013, 12:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped

I have SGS-I9000.
Android Ver- 4.0.3
Baseband - I9000XXJVT
CyanogenMod - 9.0.0-RC0-galaxysmts-KANG

Tried
1. Uninstalling Play update
2. Removing and adding back the a/c

Nothing worked

Please suggest
amitv08 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2013, 03:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I had the same issue. What I did was uninstall the play store updates and than it worked fine again after it updated itself again
Mrpapagiorgio is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2013, 06:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I got the same thing, apparently it's very common. Unfortunately I had to factory reset to get it to stop :-(
It seems very odd that Google allowed an update to their os that was incompatible with some of their apps. I actually had several that were crashing, not just the Play store.
Glad you found a simple solution.
targaid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Samsung Galaxy S2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Galaxy S2 (sometimes known as the Galaxy S II) is the follow up to Samsung's widely successful Galaxy S lineup. This time, the Galaxy S2 raises all the stakes and Samsung has found a way to double almost every spec in a true, one of a kind ... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S2 (International)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.