Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 24th, 2012, 12:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 10
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Ice Cream Sandwich!

Squeezed some info from some support help at samsung. He said AT&T will drop ICS in the next coming month!


Josh170 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 24th, 2012, 05:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Orlando
Posts: 4
 
Device(s): Galaxy S II Skyrocket
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to dakpluto Send a message via MSN to dakpluto dakpluto@gmail.com
Default

"planned"

I like how he is already dropping into the past tense on that
dakpluto is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 10:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Dallas (Little Elm), TX
Posts: 134
 
Device(s): AT&T Pebble Blue Galaxy S3 Running Rooted 4.1.1 W/ Google Wallet Hack
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 32 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Or you could upgrade now using the 4.0.4 UCLE2 ODIN 1 click

Download: Build UCLE2 for AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket - BriefMobile

To install (this WILL wipe all data, so back up your files)

Download file
Open file ODIN
Turn off phone - pulling battery is fastest
Plug USB into the computer - do not connect your phone yet
Hold the Volume up&down buttons(do not press the power button), and plug the USB cord into phone - this will get you into download mode
Once you see the download screen - hit Volume UP to enter

Make sure that your phone was recognized by Odin - should see one of the white boxes in Odin fill in with info

Now just click start and let it do its thing.

Once done, you are now on ICS 4.0.4 enjoy
nesto1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 11:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 69
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy LTE (sgh-i727r; ROGERS)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesto1 View Post
Or you could upgrade now using the 4.0.4 UCLE2 ODIN 1 click

Download: Build UCLE2 for AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket - BriefMobile

To install (this WILL wipe all data, so back up your files)

Download file
Open file ODIN
Turn off phone - pulling battery is fastest
Plug USB into the computer - do not connect your phone yet
Hold the Volume up&down buttons(do not press the power button), and plug the USB cord into phone - this will get you into download mode
Once you see the download screen - hit Volume UP to enter

Make sure that your phone was recognized by Odin - should see one of the white boxes in Odin fill in with info

Now just click start and let it do its thing.

Once done, you are now on ICS 4.0.4 enjoy
So I'm technologically incompetent and barely know what this means. Will following any of these steps void my warranty with Rogers? I have no problem backing the phone up but I don't wanna bust up the hardware!
antonio107 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 12:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Dallas (Little Elm), TX
Posts: 134
 
Device(s): AT&T Pebble Blue Galaxy S3 Running Rooted 4.1.1 W/ Google Wallet Hack
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 32 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonio107 View Post
So I'm technologically incompetent and barely know what this means. Will following any of these steps void my warranty with Rogers? I have no problem backing the phone up but I don't wanna bust up the hardware!
That I'm now sure of. Just fyi, this is for the att skyrocket. It should work on Rogers too, but you may need to redo your data apn information.

That being said, this is official Samsung firmware. It is just leaked ahead of release.
nesto1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 02:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fremont
Posts: 3
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrokcet, Motorola Atrix 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

How is the battery life on 4.0.4 UCLE2 ?. Currently on 2.3.6 my skyrocket runs fine for more than 12 hours with moderate use.
srgonu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Dallas (Little Elm), TX
Posts: 134
 
Device(s): AT&T Pebble Blue Galaxy S3 Running Rooted 4.1.1 W/ Google Wallet Hack
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 32 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by srgonu View Post
How is the battery life on 4.0.4 UCLE2 ?. Currently on 2.3.6 my skyrocket runs fine for more than 12 hours with moderate use.

Was running on ICS 4.0.4 using the Sky ICS rom from XDA

This was taken last friday -stock battery - didn't use it much during the day.



I've restarted my phone recently but I am sitting at 27% and this is my Nexus battery that I put in yesterday at 4:30pm cst(currently 3:40pm)
nesto1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
redrider67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 274
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 25
Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
Default

I will wait for the official release not much with ICS that would make me do it earlier again. Only thing I liked about ICS was the data manager and being able to resize pics via MMS without saving first.
redrider67 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2012, 08:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 17
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Would someone be able to post directions for going back to stock so I can return my device?
jcochran1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2012, 09:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
redrider67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 274
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 25
Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Try here..

[HOWTO][TAR] THE ODIN THREAD :: Return to stock/Fix soft-brick :: 11/13: Rogers TAR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcochran1977 View Post
Would someone be able to post directions for going back to stock so I can return my device?
redrider67 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 27th, 2012, 09:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 17
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Will this remove Root as well?

jcochran1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2012, 09:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
redrider67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 274
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 25
Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Probably have to read thru the thread it's what I used to turn my phone back to stock before getting a new Skyrocket. I assume it will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcochran1977 View Post
Will this remove Root as well?
redrider67 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2012, 03:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Has anyone used ICS on here with google wallet? Mine won't work. A banner comes up and then it says not capable and then it shuts down the APP
swick23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2012, 04:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
naviwilliams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Atlanta
Gender: Male
Posts: 538
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S III
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 29
Thanked 65 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Why can't Google and Samsung hurry up and give us the Official ICS for the Skyrocket?

Rhetorical of course...
naviwilliams is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2012, 06:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 69
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy LTE (sgh-i727r; ROGERS)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesto1 View Post
That I'm now sure of. Just fyi, this is for the att skyrocket. It should work on Rogers too, but you may need to redo your data apn information.

That being said, this is official Samsung firmware. It is just leaked ahead of release.
Thanks a bunch for responding! I've been trying to learn all of this rooting business piecemeal from internet reading. So far I've managed to root the device, make a "nandroid backup," backup the system files on Kies, and doubly save the gamesave states for the few games I have on my phone. I think I'm as ready to try this as I'm gonna get.

I've googled "APN information" and it sounds quite intimidating, as I don't want to do something that inadvertently may screw up the cell phone connections! I may just wait a bit on this update...
antonio107 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2012, 09:34 PM   #16 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonio107 View Post
Thanks a bunch for responding! I've been trying to learn all of this rooting business piecemeal from internet reading. So far I've managed to root the device, make a "nandroid backup," backup the system files on Kies, and doubly save the gamesave states for the few games I have on my phone. I think I'm as ready to try this as I'm gonna get.

I've googled "APN information" and it sounds quite intimidating, as I don't want to do something that inadvertently may screw up the cell phone connections! I may just wait a bit on this update...
Yeah I would wait for the official update. ICS doesn't add anything significant enough to upgrade right away. I'm still waiting for notification previews in the lockscreen like it's done in iOS 5.
chilipalm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2012, 10:51 PM   #17 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 69
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy LTE (sgh-i727r; ROGERS)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilipalm View Post
Yeah I would wait for the official update. ICS doesn't add anything significant enough to upgrade right away. I'm still waiting for notification previews in the lockscreen like it's done in iOS 5.
I'm going to try it anyway. Me impatient. I'll let you know if it works on the Rogers handset or no!
antonio107 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2012, 11:31 PM   #18 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 69
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy LTE (sgh-i727r; ROGERS)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

First attempt:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/005>
<ID:0/005>
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
antonio107 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2012, 05:50 AM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
naviwilliams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Atlanta
Gender: Male
Posts: 538
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S III
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 29
Thanked 65 Times in 38 Posts
Default

...curious, what font is being used here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesto1 View Post
Was running on ICS 4.0.4 using the Sky ICS rom from XDA

This was taken last friday -stock battery - didn't use it much during the day.



I've restarted my phone recently but I am sitting at 27% and this is my Nexus battery that I put in yesterday at 4:30pm cst(currently 3:40pm)
naviwilliams is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket is AT&T's version of the Galaxy S II LTE. As one can figure, the phone features 4G connectivity via AT&T's LTE network. It was among the first phones on the carrier's network to feature next-gen... Read More

Tags
att, ics, skyrocket


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.