Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S2 (AT&T)

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lunatic59

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 13th, 2012, 03:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
tonylc74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: nw.georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 243
 
Device(s): Lg spirit running gt's v.3 katana ROM, v6 supercharged. Gt2 stock, hauwei premia.
Carrier: t-metro

Thanks: 137
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Default Can't get my s2 to connect kies

Trying to up Date my s2 and kies won't connect to my phone and says phone id is missing. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

tonylc74 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 13th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Moderati ergo sum
 
lunatic59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 23,725
 
Device(s): Nexus 4, Galaxy S II, Captivate, Nexus 1 (retired), Nook Color, Asus Transformer.
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 7,582
Thanked 12,258 Times in 6,737 Posts
Default

Tony,

We just had a frustrating discussion with another user trying to get them to connect to kies. If you read through this thread: hello! New user to the droid family :) the troubleshooting techniques are the same, even though this user has the i9100 and you have the i777. If any of this works, please let us know.
__________________
_
If the information is useful, Like the post, if the person was helpful, Thank the member.
RULES: Lest we forget | This part of signature intentionally left blank.
_________________________________________________

No Ivory-Billed Woodpeckers were harmed in the composition of this message.
lunatic59 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 05:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
tonylc74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: nw.georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 243
 
Device(s): Lg spirit running gt's v.3 katana ROM, v6 supercharged. Gt2 stock, hauwei premia.
Carrier: t-metro

Thanks: 137
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatic59 View Post
Tony,

We just had a frustrating discussion with another user trying to get them to connect to kies. If you read through this thread: hello! New user to the droid family :) the troubleshooting techniques are the same, even though this user has the i9100 and you have the i777. If any of this works, please let us know.
Well mine is the sgh-s959g, from straight talk. Can i still upgrade it this way?
tonylc74 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 06:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Moderati ergo sum
 
lunatic59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 23,725
 
Device(s): Nexus 4, Galaxy S II, Captivate, Nexus 1 (retired), Nook Color, Asus Transformer.
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 7,582
Thanked 12,258 Times in 6,737 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylc74 View Post
Well mine is the sgh-s959g, from straight talk. Can i still upgrade it this way?
Have you tried to upgrade it with Kies? It is my understanding that if the update must come from the carrier, then Kies won't work.
lunatic59 is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lunatic59 For This Useful Post:
tonylc74 (October 15th, 2012)
Old October 15th, 2012, 06:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
tonylc74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: nw.georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 243
 
Device(s): Lg spirit running gt's v.3 katana ROM, v6 supercharged. Gt2 stock, hauwei premia.
Carrier: t-metro

Thanks: 137
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatic59 View Post
Have you tried to upgrade it with Kies? It is my understanding that if the update must come from the carrier, then Kies won't work.
Yea I've tried it like a million times and it keeps saying my device id is missing. Do you know if i could flash a leaked 4.0.4 is with odin?
tonylc74 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Moderati ergo sum
 
lunatic59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 23,725
 
Device(s): Nexus 4, Galaxy S II, Captivate, Nexus 1 (retired), Nook Color, Asus Transformer.
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 7,582
Thanked 12,258 Times in 6,737 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylc74 View Post
Yea I've tried it like a million times and it keeps saying my device id is missing. Do you know if i could flash a leaked 4.0.4 is with odin?
A quick search didn't turn up any rom's for the s959g. I wouldn't recommend something not meant for your model. Try and app like Android Device ID and see if your device ID is listed.
pacinitaly likes this.
lunatic59 is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lunatic59 For This Useful Post:
pacinitaly (October 23rd, 2012)
Old October 16th, 2012, 05:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
tonylc74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: nw.georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 243
 
Device(s): Lg spirit running gt's v.3 katana ROM, v6 supercharged. Gt2 stock, hauwei premia.
Carrier: t-metro

Thanks: 137
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatic59 View Post
A quick search didn't turn up any rom's for the s959g. I wouldn't recommend something not meant for your model. Try and app like Android Device ID and see if your device ID is listed.
I tried it and it does list the device id, so im not sure what's going on. I'll continue to look around. Thanks
tonylc74 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S2 (AT&T)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.