September 27th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Sep 2012
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SII X
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Display shuts off during calls
This is so bloody annoying. During any call whether on speaker or using the phone in the traditional manner. The screen shuts off after a minute or so, even though my display is set to shut off after 5 minutes of inactivity.
I have taken the following actions to no avail:
- my screen protector does not cover the proximity sensor;
- the proximity sensor is clean;
- I have disabled proximity sensor (phone>call settings>turn on proximity sensor);
- I have disabled automatic brightness (settings>display>brightness); and
- set the Bluetooth visible time-out setting to "never time-out" (settings>bluetooth>settings>visible time-out)
All of the above have been suggested within this and/or other forums. However, none of these solutions corrected this most annoying problem.
Some have suggested that the phone is the issue - however, suspect that there may be a software issue and that a patch or fix may be available would hate to have to exchange phones yet again.
Any and all suggestions would be most welcome.