Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S3

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

View Poll Results: When do you think the Sprint pre orders will start shipping?
Monday June 11th 2 4.26%
Wednesday June 13th 1 2.13%
Thursday June 14th 1 2.13%
Monday June 18th 19 40.43%
Wednesday June 20th 24 51.06%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree88Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 8th, 2012, 09:50 PM   #101 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 410
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3 style and soon to be Nexus 7.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 235
Thanked 205 Times in 88 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo 5oh View Post
I'm excited af and got it on marble white 32 gb...the total was $277
It said something about addon skip this step(i dont know what that was)
Then it took me accessories page but there was no really anything to buy there...

When do you think it will start shipping?
Will everybody get it at the same time? (the pre-order ones)
Congrats. Good choice on the 32 gigs. I think everyone who did the pre order, should get them at the same time. As far as when....hopefully next week, worse case...start on the 18th.

__________________
Once there was a Windows Mobile who was fighting with an Apple. The war went on for days and days. Cities and people split. Until one day, the divided sides looked up in shock to see what was landing. It was a hero from planet ANDROID. When the dust settled and he said his name was Moment and he was here to start an EVOlution and take us to another Galaxy, S3 style and they all boarded his ship, named the Nexus 7
crow11ad is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 8th, 2012, 11:36 PM   #102 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 22
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Congrats. I've been w Sprint for 4 or 6 yrs now ... Switching to Verizon so I can enjoy the benefits of 4G LTE w this phone. Hopefully you live in an area that Sprint is rolling out their LTE first

I do know that Sprint is going to have the phone a week or two before Verizon
bc_co is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2012, 02:36 AM   #103 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mak916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA.
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,076
 
Device(s): GS3, Photon 4G, 3VO(WiFi ONLY), Nexus 7
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 211
Thanked 264 Times in 205 Posts
Default

When is the last day to pre-order? Just trying to get an idea of when they might start shipping?
mak916 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2012, 11:36 AM   #104 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Evo 5oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 506
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 25
Thanked 37 Times in 32 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak916 View Post
When is the last day to pre-order? Just trying to get an idea of when they might start shipping?
I dont know ...its not posted
Evo 5oh is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2012, 11:46 AM   #105 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 931
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Nexus 7
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 26
Thanked 205 Times in 95 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak916 View Post
When is the last day to pre-order? Just trying to get an idea of when they might start shipping?
I don't think there's pre-order "dates". I would guess any order before the phone ships is a pre-order. after it's available then it's just an order.

I don't think they'd say. "okay, no more pre-orders, we're not selling any more"
hal1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2012, 12:20 PM   #106 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mak916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA.
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,076
 
Device(s): GS3, Photon 4G, 3VO(WiFi ONLY), Nexus 7
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 211
Thanked 264 Times in 205 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal1 View Post
I don't think there's pre-order "dates". I would guess any order before the phone ships is a pre-order. after it's available then it's just an order.

I don't think they'd say. "okay, no more pre-orders, we're not selling any more"

It would depend on the type of pre-order I believe. With the O.G. EVO they did pre-orders, reservations, for a limited time. I think they did the same with the 3VO. Normally it based on supplies. But that may not be the case this time.
mak916 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2012, 02:38 PM   #107 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Francisco, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 840
 
Device(s): Galaxy S5 or whatever the latest phone is
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 341
Thanked 432 Times in 183 Posts
Default

Did anyone else get the following email from Sprint:






The Next Big Thing is Here

Be the first on your block to get your hands on it

Due to your V.I.P status as a Sprint customer, you are invitedto take a sneak peek at the Galaxy S® III.

Take hold of the sleek new design. Witness the powerful performance. Engage with world-class technologists as you learn how to share content on a whole new level. Visit our three Share Pods: Share for Business, Share with Friends, and Share with Devices. Earn Share Points and move up our Galaxy Leaderboard with the hope of winning some grand AllShare prizes. Don't forget to check out our Share the Love hands-on demonstrations using the latest NFC technology.

When: Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Where: Herbst Pavilion at Fort Mason Center
Marina Blvd. and Buchanan Street
San Francisco, CA 94123

Time: 6:00pm – 8:00pm
Spaces at this two-hour cocktail-reception are limited and filling up fast, so reserve now.
cary328is is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2012, 10:18 PM   #108 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
MelonSplitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Bernardino, CA.
Posts: 87
 
Device(s): HTC EVO, Samsung S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 24
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default When will the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 be available at Amazon Wireless?

Any news when these go on sale ate Amazon Wireless?
MelonSplitter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 07:47 PM   #109 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 47
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Samsung GS3 Pre-Order Sprint

Has anyone pre-ordered the Samsung GS3 for sprint and have their order shipped yet? I know it's a pre-order but I can't wait to get mine. This is the first phone I have pre-ordered and I was wondering do they ship it before the release date or on the release date?
Yanks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 09:58 PM   #110 (permalink)
Member
 
Haris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 116
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SIII White 16gb on Sprint
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 20
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Notsure Sprint S3 32gb White and Blue Preorder SOLD OUT

Sorry to all of us that missed out on this preorder, at least the preorders are still available for the 16gb.
Haris is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 12th, 2012, 10:11 PM   #111 (permalink)
Member
 
Hunterbeav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Notheast Ohio
Posts: 373
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S lll rooted.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 44
Thanked 38 Times in 20 Posts
Default

I have a blue 16gb on preorder just hoping Apple don't mess things up for us.
__________________
ALL HAIL THE ANDROID..RESISTANCE IS FUTILE....YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
Hunterbeav is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 10:17 PM   #112 (permalink)
Member
 
Haris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 116
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SIII White 16gb on Sprint
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 20
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterbeav View Post
I have a blue 16gb on preorder just hoping Apple don't mess things up for us.
Apple is really making me hate their product more especially after the latest delays on the HTC phones.

They better bring it with the iPhone5 cause the S3 is going to be the top phone in the market for a while.
Haris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2012, 10:32 PM   #113 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
treb1797's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 7,921
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 3,541
Thanked 2,841 Times in 2,180 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterbeav View Post
I have a blue 16gb on preorder just hoping Apple don't mess things up for us.
Apple Won’t Delay Samsung Galaxy S3 Launch Thanks to Judge Ruling – Droid Life

You don't have to worry about Apple messing things up. Thank you to member Skeeter125 for the above link to this article.
treb1797 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to treb1797 For This Useful Post:
jerofld (June 12th, 2012)
Old June 12th, 2012, 10:36 PM   #114 (permalink)
Fixing stuff is not easy
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Over there <points>
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,690
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3; Asus Infinity
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 2,117
Thanked 4,311 Times in 2,513 Posts
jerofld
Default

Moved a number of Sprint related threads into this one. Thanks for the understanding!
jerofld is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2012, 02:05 AM   #115 (permalink)
live~laugh~love
 
damewolf13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: AZ
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,091
 
Device(s): White Samsung Galaxy Note 2 AT&T, Black Samsung Galaxy S4 VZW, White Samsung Galaxy S4 AT&T
Carrier: AT&T and Verizon

Thanks: 5,438
Thanked 2,667 Times in 1,393 Posts
Default

I have moved this thread to the Samsung Galaxy S3 forum, where more people that have preordered this phone with Sprint can see it, and answer.
__________________
Never Lookin' Back!
damewolf13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2012, 05:25 AM   #116 (permalink)
Member
 
Hunterbeav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Notheast Ohio
Posts: 373
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S lll rooted.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 44
Thanked 38 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Not shipping yet....I don't think anyone knows when but I think it will be before the 21st
Hunterbeav is offline  
Last edited by Hunterbeav; June 13th, 2012 at 05:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2012, 05:35 AM   #117 (permalink)
Member
 
Hunterbeav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Notheast Ohio
Posts: 373
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S lll rooted.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 44
Thanked 38 Times in 20 Posts
Default sprint launch looks good

Looks like the Sprint launch of the sgs3 is going to be on schedule despite apples attempt to delay it. The Galaxy S3′s US launch looks set to go ahead, despite Apple’s best efforts
Hunterbeav is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2012, 06:20 AM   #118 (permalink)
Fixing stuff is not easy
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Over there <points>
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,690
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3; Asus Infinity
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 2,117
Thanked 4,311 Times in 2,513 Posts
jerofld
Default

Please continue to discuss the pending litigation between Apple and the US Galaxy S3 here: Apple trying to get S3 banned

Thank you
jerofld is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2012, 07:27 AM   #119 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
emerilnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 59
 
Device(s): Asus OG Transformer TF101, Sprint HTC LTEvo, formerly a Google Nexus1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 29 Times in 17 Posts
emerilnut
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelonSplitter View Post
Any news when these go on sale ate Amazon Wireless?

Hi everyone! First post here. Been an Androidphile for 2 years now, but never joined this forum.

I don't know when wireless.amazon will have it, but when the LTEvo came out, Android Central blogged later that first week that LTEvo was hitting stores, and wireless.amazon had it online that first weekend.

So I'm going to guess that they will have it up just as fast, but the pre-order frenzy around this phone just might delay that.
emerilnut is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2012, 09:39 AM   #120 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
rkkeller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Dog Pound.
Posts: 540
 
Device(s): Current: Samsung Galaxy S4 and iPhone 5. Recently: EVO LTE, S3, iPad, EVO, Palm Pre, Treo 750 a
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 21
Thanked 87 Times in 63 Posts
Default

Being a lot of phones are already here, why can't/don't the carriers just release it now and then we would not have to worry about anything Apple can do?

I heard many are already in warehouses, so just ship them already. :>
rkkeller is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 13th, 2012, 11:35 AM   #121 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 29
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 33
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Hi, has anyone had luck getting their upgrade date moved up? Mine is July 1st but I would love to pre order this beast of a phone. Thanks for any info.


Update: I went ahead and called Sprint, no luck anymore it seems. Well, I guess this keeps my options open if someone has a special offer on the phone.

So, anyone know if you order from Amazon or Wirefly or BB, will they keep your discount when you renew your contract? I don't want to lose my 25%...
polishhammer83 is offline  
Last edited by polishhammer83; June 13th, 2012 at 12:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2012, 12:53 PM   #122 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 47
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I noticed they stopped accepting pre-orders on the 32gb. Wonder if that means they'll start shipping out the current orders they have since they are over capacity already. Has anyone gotten a shipping conformation yet? I ordered mine yesterday hoping to get it soon
Yanks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #123 (permalink)
Member
 
Haris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 116
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SIII White 16gb on Sprint
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 20
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by polishhammer83 View Post
Hi, has anyone had luck getting their upgrade date moved up? Mine is July 1st but I would love to pre order this beast of a phone. Thanks for any info.


Update: I went ahead and called Sprint, no luck anymore it seems. Well, I guess this keeps my options open if someone has a special offer on the phone.

So, anyone know if you order from Amazon or Wirefly or BB, will they keep your discount when you renew your contract? I don't want to lose my 25%...
Since Sprint discontinued early upgrades a little while back, they have stopped doing the 14 day early upgrades they used to readily do.

Three weeks ago I added a line on my account and ordered my father a standard flip phone. I was very well aware that my upgrade was not kicking in until 7-1, but the operator who took my order said she could offer me a early upgrade of 6-21. This blew my mind and when I called back to confirm, the second operator literally called me a liar. After I got her operator ID and her manager did not call me back as promised, I called a third time and immediately asked for the account services department. That operator got with her supervisor and they played back my second conversation with the lady who called me a liar and they apologized severely and gave me a one time early upgrade exception for 6-18. But now they are all sold out of the preorder 32gb so I'm going to have to wait until after the release date for them to get more 32gb white units.

Long story short, it took an act of God and a couple of very long complicated calls to get my date pulled in all for nothing. Hopefully they have more soon so I don't have to wait past July for the version I really want.

Good luck, let me know if you get your upgrade date pulled in.
mak916 likes this.
Haris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2012, 07:51 PM   #124 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mak916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA.
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,076
 
Device(s): GS3, Photon 4G, 3VO(WiFi ONLY), Nexus 7
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 211
Thanked 264 Times in 205 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haris View Post
Since Sprint discontinued early upgrades a little while back, they have stopped doing the 14 day early upgrades they used to readily do.

Three weeks ago I added a line on my account and ordered my father a standard flip phone. I was very well aware that my upgrade was not kicking in until 7-1, but the operator who took my order said she could offer me a early upgrade of 6-21. This blew my mind and when I called back to confirm, the second operator literally called me a liar. After I got her operator ID and her manager did not call me back as promised, I called a third time and immediately asked for the account services department. That operator got with her supervisor and they played back my second conversation with the lady who called me a liar and they apologized severely and gave me a one time early upgrade exception for 6-18. But now they are all sold out of the preorder 32gb so I'm going to have to wait until after the release date for them to get more 32gb white units.

Long story short, it took an act of God and a couple of very long complicated calls to get my date pulled in all for nothing. Hopefully they have more soon so I don't have to wait past July for the version I really want.

Good luck, let me know if you get your upgrade date pulled in.
Maybe they will have some in store on release date. Hope you don't have to wait any longer. I hate waiting for this phone. lol
mak916 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #125 (permalink)
Member
 
Haris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 116
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SIII White 16gb on Sprint
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 20
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak916 View Post
Maybe they will have some in store on release date. Hope you don't have to wait any longer. I hate waiting for this phone. lol
I've been waiting for this phone for what seems like forever... Oh well, a few more weeks won't kill me.



I hope lol.
Haris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2012, 08:01 PM   #126 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
SurrealOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 756
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 178
Thanked 114 Times in 95 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haris View Post
I've been waiting for this phone for what seems like forever... Oh well, a few more weeks won't kill me.



I hope lol.
Lets hope it's lees then a few weeks. I don't do waiting well that is why I pre-ordred at 12:04 on pre-order night lol
__________________
Did you ever stop to think.....
And forget to start again
SurrealOne is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2012, 01:33 AM   #127 (permalink)
Member
 
Haris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 116
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SIII White 16gb on Sprint
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 20
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
Lets hope it's lees then a few weeks. I don't do waiting well that is why I pre-ordred at 12:04 on pre-order night lol
I can't blow the money on it yet, I'm getting married on the 30th of this month. This will be my wedding present to myself!

LOL!
Haris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2012, 07:26 AM   #128 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
rkkeller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Dog Pound.
Posts: 540
 
Device(s): Current: Samsung Galaxy S4 and iPhone 5. Recently: EVO LTE, S3, iPad, EVO, Palm Pre, Treo 750 a
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 21
Thanked 87 Times in 63 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanks View Post
I noticed they stopped accepting pre-orders on the 32gb. Wonder if that means they'll start shipping out the current orders they have since they are over capacity already. Has anyone gotten a shipping conformation yet? I ordered mine yesterday hoping to get it soon


I don't think they will ship until 6/20 as there is some kind of VIP event early next week saying people can be the first to get the 3S if they attend.

32 gig is probably the more popular size and sold out quick. I don't think a couple other carriers even offered that size.
rkkeller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2012, 07:50 AM   #129 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: texas
Posts: 557
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 48 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Sprint holds events in boston. Try googling it for more info that is where I read it.
alexander323bc is offline  
Last edited by alexander323bc; August 14th, 2012 at 03:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2012, 08:21 AM   #130 (permalink)
Wasn't Me
 
ScandaLeX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: PhiLLy
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,771
 
Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

Thanks: 1,147
Thanked 936 Times in 608 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander323bc View Post
The VIP event for Sprint and other Samsung Clients was Tuesday in Boston. I am not sure about the general Public. My girlfriend is still there today she got her S3 Tuesday. Your Pre order ship date is the 21st.
This makes no sense. Pre orders always ship before being made available to the general public. There's no way a pre order would ship on launch date.
__________________
If you've been helped click
ScandaLeX is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 14th, 2012, 09:00 AM   #131 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
emerilnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 59
 
Device(s): Asus OG Transformer TF101, Sprint HTC LTEvo, formerly a Google Nexus1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 29 Times in 17 Posts
emerilnut
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
This makes no sense. Pre orders always ship before being made available to the general public. There's no way a pre order would ship on launch date.
Why not? Pre-order does not mean pre-delivery. It just means pre-order, you get one on launch date while the rest of us have to go and hopefully find one.
emerilnut is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2012, 09:08 AM   #132 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
rkkeller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Dog Pound.
Posts: 540
 
Device(s): Current: Samsung Galaxy S4 and iPhone 5. Recently: EVO LTE, S3, iPad, EVO, Palm Pre, Treo 750 a
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 21
Thanked 87 Times in 63 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerilnut View Post
Why not? Pre-order does not mean pre-delivery. It just means pre-order, you get one on launch date while the rest of us have to go and hopefully find one.

This is what my preorder says:


Thanks for pre-ordering. You are one step closer to getting your phone. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. We will do our best to get it to you before others get a glimpse on Thursday, June 21.


To me that means it will ship to arrive on or before 6/21 not ship on 6/21.
rkkeller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2012, 09:14 AM   #133 (permalink)
Fixing stuff is not easy
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Over there <points>
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,690
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3; Asus Infinity
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 2,117
Thanked 4,311 Times in 2,513 Posts
jerofld
Default

With other devices from Sprint, pre-orders typically shipped a day or two early so that the arrival date was the date of release. Sometimes people would get it a day early because of luck or proximity to warehouses. I expect to get an email saying my pre-order shipped sometime between Monday and Wednesday of next week.

Also, sometimes Sprint rewards their premier accounts by giving them their devices a few days early. The HTC Evo 3D shipped out to premier accounts 3 days early, for example.
jerofld is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2012, 09:23 AM   #134 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 120
 
Device(s): EVO4G, GS3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 25
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

I regret ordering the 16gig, I should have ordered the 32. I wonder if I will have enough space for apps and app data
RamOG is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2012, 09:36 AM   #135 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
rkkeller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Dog Pound.
Posts: 540
 
Device(s): Current: Samsung Galaxy S4 and iPhone 5. Recently: EVO LTE, S3, iPad, EVO, Palm Pre, Treo 750 a
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 21
Thanked 87 Times in 63 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
I regret ordering the 16gig, I should have ordered the 32. I wonder if I will have enough space for apps and app data

I made that mistake with the iPhone before so I went for the 32gb this time. It's still not to late to just refuse delivery and go to a Sprint store 6/21 and buy the larger one. I think 32gb are sold out online already.
rkkeller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2012, 09:38 AM   #136 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 120
 
Device(s): EVO4G, GS3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 25
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

I ordered a 64gig SD card however. Iam just wondering is 16 gig enough for internal memory?? Or with a phone and new features and everything is 32 gig needed?
RamOG is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2012, 09:47 AM   #137 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
jacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 75
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 99
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Send a message via AIM to jacker
Default

32 gigers will only be available online for the forseeable future. It'll be at least a couple of weeks before you can waltz into a sprint store and get one.

Bet.
jacker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2012, 11:04 AM   #138 (permalink)
Fixing stuff is not easy
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Over there <points>
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,690
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3; Asus Infinity
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 2,117
Thanked 4,311 Times in 2,513 Posts
jerofld
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
I ordered a 64gig SD card however. Iam just wondering is 16 gig enough for internal memory?? Or with a phone and new features and everything is 32 gig needed?
It's plenty for internal memory. I have a device that only gives 1 GB to apps and I have never hit my limit.

I got the 16 GB because I have a 32 GB Class 10 card in my current device. That'll be more than enough, and if it isn't, I'll just upgrade the microSD card.
RamOG likes this.
jerofld is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jerofld For This Useful Post:
RamOG (June 14th, 2012)
Old June 14th, 2012, 11:34 AM   #139 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: texas
Posts: 557
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 48 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
This makes no sense. Pre orders always ship before being made available to the general public. There's no way a pre order would ship on launch date.

What are you talking about?
alexander323bc is offline  
Last edited by alexander323bc; August 14th, 2012 at 10:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2012, 12:17 PM   #140 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Hybla Valley, Va
Gender: Male
Posts: 763
 
Device(s): Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus, HTC One, Note 3, Nexus 5 (White)
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 12
Thanked 158 Times in 104 Posts
Pending to use...
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
I regret ordering the 16gig, I should have ordered the 32. I wonder if I will have enough space for apps and app data
Unless you have 100+ apps you have more then enough space. People who really need 32+ most likely have a crazy number of apps, photos, heavy games, movies/video recordings, and music. I personally don't see the point of having so much on your phone. I am not a heavy gamer when it comes to mobile. A couple of simple addictive games like Angry birds are all I need. I barely even play that anymore. But it'll do. Tons of pictures I do have, but they don't take up much space. I have a few memorable video clips I recorded and there still on the phone. I also have a copy on my laptop so it won't be a big deal to delete them off the phone. I don't put music directly on my phone because I use the Google Music app. Being directly on my phone takes up memory. I love music and I have an endless variety of music I like to listen to daily. It all comes down to your personal preference. Some people hear more is better because that's the way people think now a days. And in real use, they won't even come close to half of all that memory. Some people will actually put it to use. You can even try out a few apps and once you beat it and you don't see yourself playing it again anytime soon, then delete it and free up some space. If you purchased it, then you can always download it again for free. Obviously it's a lot of factors here. At the end of the day it's your choice. It's not hard at all lol.
AndroidifyMe is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 14th, 2012, 12:29 PM   #141 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 9,288
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,044
Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,760 Posts
Default Sprint SGS3 training videos online

Just wanted to share. Hadn't seen it posted, but I also haven't been following some of the pre-release threads:

Samsung Galaxy S III Videos « Inside Sprint Now
RamOG likes this.
__________________
Love the G-Note series!
drexappeal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2012, 12:50 PM   #142 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 17
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Really all one needs to be concerned with as far as the internal Memory is the Application storage, right?

I mean pics and vids can be told to store on the 64GB SD card that you can purchase with the saved $50

As far as applications --- 100 angry bird apps would equate to about 2.25 GB

So you could have many hundreds of applications and still be good to go

Am I right or missing something?
militaryman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2012, 02:39 PM   #143 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 120
 
Device(s): EVO4G, GS3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 25
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidifyMe View Post
Unless you have 100+ apps you have more then enough space. People who really need 32+ most likely have a crazy number of apps, photos, heavy games, movies/video recordings, and music. I personally don't see the point of having so much on your phone. I am not a heavy gamer when it comes to mobile. A couple of simple addictive games like Angry birds are all I need. I barely even play that anymore. But it'll do. Tons of pictures I do have, but they don't take up much space. I have a few memorable video clips I recorded and there still on the phone. I also have a copy on my laptop so it won't be a big deal to delete them off the phone. I don't put music directly on my phone because I use the Google Music app. Being directly on my phone takes up memory. I love music and I have an endless variety of music I like to listen to daily. It all comes down to your personal preference. Some people hear more is better because that's the way people think now a days. And in real use, they won't even come close to half of all that memory. Some people will actually put it to use. You can even try out a few apps and once you beat it and you don't see yourself playing it again anytime soon, then delete it and free up some space. If you purchased it, then you can always download it again for free. Obviously it's a lot of factors here. At the end of the day it's your choice. It's not hard at all lol.
Yeah I guess you guys are right. 16gb should be fine for th einternal memory. Now I think that the 64gig card was unnecessary. 32 would have sufficed probably.

Either way feel way better about the internal memory. I agree even I don't need a lot of memory. I just wasnt sure if the internal was enough.
RamOG is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2012, 03:20 PM   #144 (permalink)
Fixing stuff is not easy
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Over there <points>
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,690
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3; Asus Infinity
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 2,117
Thanked 4,311 Times in 2,513 Posts
jerofld
Default

Ok, I hope this will help those of you with anxiety of getting a 16 GB and thinking it will be too small. I have a 32 GB tablet. I have 235 apps downloaded and installed on it. Here's the proof:






So, if I moved my NANDroid backups to a SD card, I would have 16 GB free. So, we can deduce that if I have over 16 GB free on a 32 GB device, I could then fit all of my 235 apps onto a 16 GB device, assuming similar amounts of space are given to /system and other partitions. Even if it doesn't exactly fit all of them, you could still get over 200 apps and have some of them be Gameloft games. As per my picture, I was using less than 2.5 GB for apps.

Oh, and for those of you who don't know: /data is where your apps are kept. /system/apps is where the system apps are kept, so the 235 tally does not include apps that I did not download. NANDroids are backup of entire system and data files of a device. Rooters use these to back up their system so they can modify things and not worry about screwing something up, so those can be moved to the SD card without any impact.

Hope this helps

BTW, the app used for this is Disk Usage
RamOG likes this.
jerofld is offline  
Last edited by jerofld; June 14th, 2012 at 03:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jerofld For This Useful Post:
RamOG (June 14th, 2012)
Old June 14th, 2012, 04:36 PM   #145 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 140
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 113
Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by militaryman View Post
Really all one needs to be concerned with as far as the internal Memory is the Application storage, right?

I mean pics and vids can be told to store on the 64GB SD card that you can purchase with the saved $50

As far as applications --- 100 angry bird apps would equate to about 2.25 GB

So you could have many hundreds of applications and still be good to go

Am I right or missing something?
I think everyone in this thread that is talking about the 16gb is right, it will be enough for THEM and YOU But for me, not even close. I am coming from a 64gb iphone 4S that i filled up easy and had to stop buying games. When you download games like Infinity Blade 2, Modern Combat 3, NOVA 3, etc and each is 2gb+, you use up the space fast.

You can't just assume all quality games are the same size as angry birds lol. Angry birds is like 20-35mbs because it's a VERY SIMPLE 2D game. Once you start downloading 3D MMO or FPS then you will use space fast.

So yeah, if you aren't a gamer, the 16gb is PLENTY. If you are, it's not. Now if you COULD move any app data to SD, it's fine. Just keep buying 64gb micro sd cards. But i keep reading you can't move your apps to sd on SGS3 which sucks. Oh well, we'll figure it out when we get ours
andross77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2012, 08:35 PM   #146 (permalink)
Fixing stuff is not easy
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Over there <points>
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,690
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3; Asus Infinity
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 2,117
Thanked 4,311 Times in 2,513 Posts
jerofld
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andross77 View Post
So yeah, if you aren't a gamer, the 16gb is PLENTY. If you are, it's not. Now if you COULD move any app data to SD, it's fine. Just keep buying 64gb micro sd cards. But i keep reading you can't move your apps to sd on SGS3 which sucks. Oh well, we'll figure it out when we get ours
It's because the internal storage partition was called /sdcard/, instead of Google actually making the OS look in something called /internal/ or something similar as well as /sdcard. So if you put a SD card in a device that has internal storage, you have to find /ext-sdcard/ or similar folder to put it in. With the fact that the S2 was like this, and the popularity of the S3, I would imagine that there is some app out there somewhere that could move apps to external SD
jerofld is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2012, 09:43 PM   #147 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 410
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3 style and soon to be Nexus 7.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 235
Thanked 205 Times in 88 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkkeller View Post
This is what my preorder says:


Thanks for pre-ordering. You are one step closer to getting your phone. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. We will do our best to get it to you before others get a glimpse on Thursday, June 21.


To me that means it will ship to arrive on or before 6/21 not ship on 6/21.

You are correct. But don't be surprised if you recieve it sooner. With the evo lte, those who preordered got it a week sooner. I returned mine 4 days later. Some on sgiii.
crow11ad is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2012, 10:10 PM   #148 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 120
 
Device(s): EVO4G, GS3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 25
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andross77 View Post
I think everyone in this thread that is talking about the 16gb is right, it will be enough for THEM and YOU But for me, not even close. I am coming from a 64gb iphone 4S that i filled up easy and had to stop buying games. When you download games like Infinity Blade 2, Modern Combat 3, NOVA 3, etc and each is 2gb+, you use up the space fast.

You can't just assume all quality games are the same size as angry birds lol. Angry birds is like 20-35mbs because it's a VERY SIMPLE 2D game. Once you start downloading 3D MMO or FPS then you will use space fast.

So yeah, if you aren't a gamer, the 16gb is PLENTY. If you are, it's not. Now if you COULD move any app data to SD, it's fine. Just keep buying 64gb micro sd cards. But i keep reading you can't move your apps to sd on SGS3 which sucks. Oh well, we'll figure it out when we get ours
Ok thats good info as well. Because I am a gamer but definitely not a gamer when it comes to the phone. I just enjoy my ps3, which nowadays I tuned that down a lot too. That is until GTA comes out
RamOG is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2012, 10:11 PM   #149 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 120
 
Device(s): EVO4G, GS3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 25
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crow11ad View Post
You are correct. But don't be surprised if you recieve it sooner. With the evo lte, those who preordered got it a week sooner. I returned mine 4 days later. Some on sgiii.
Well a week earlier for gs3 would be today, so I doubt that is happening. I would be happy if I get it a couple days earlier, even more idea if I get it on monday!
RamOG is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2012, 07:30 AM   #150 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Turn around...
Posts: 174
 
Device(s): HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 97
Thanked 24 Times in 12 Posts
Default

How do we know for sure that we're gonna get the SGS3 either on or a day (or two) before? Has Sprint divulged how many pre-orders to inventory it has? I've tried looking up the stats for Europe and Asia but, I can't seem to find out if ppl over there were having a hard time getting the phone.

I spoke with a customer service rep and she told me that - to be quite frank - she doesn't, nor do any reps, know when the phone will be shipped out. All she told me was to keep an eye out for an email update with regards to my purchase. I really hope the phones get shipped out on Monday or, at the very latest, Tuesday...I would really hate to think that I would have a better chance of getting my phone if I get to the store early instead of waiting for Mr. Postman!

One question: If, hypothetically, the phones don't arrive on or before the 21st and they are available at the Sprint Stores, then is it possible to credit the pre-order purchase in store towards the phone? Or, would I have to buy the phone in store and cancel my pre-order?

In case you can't tell, I'm very excited and ansy about getting this phone! Keeping my fingers crossed!
corybantic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Buy the Samsung Galaxy S III
Sign up for instant notification when the Samsung Galaxy S III goes on sale!
Samsung Galaxy S III

  The Samsung Galaxy S3 is the company's flagship device of 2012. As one of the most anticipated devices of the year, this device is the first to come with a Exynos 4 Quad processor. It also has Android 4.0, a 4.8-inch 720p Super AMOLED ... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S3
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.