Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S3

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SUroot

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 17th, 2012, 11:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 210
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 22
Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts
Default Default notification sounds

So I got a duplicate notification sound "Join Hangout". How so?

McBuzz is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 17th, 2012, 12:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Moderati ergo sum
 
lunatic59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 23,725
 
Device(s): Nexus 4, Galaxy S II, Captivate, Nexus 1 (retired), Nook Color, Asus Transformer.
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 7,582
Thanked 12,258 Times in 6,737 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBuzz View Post
So I got a duplicate notification sound "Join Hangout". How so?
You probably have multiple files of the same name. Try looking on your SD card for folders named "notifications" and see if the offending duplicate is there.
__________________
_
If the information is useful, Like the post, if the person was helpful, Thank the member.
RULES: Lest we forget | This part of signature intentionally left blank.
_________________________________________________

No Ivory-Billed Woodpeckers were harmed in the composition of this message.
lunatic59 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lunatic59 For This Useful Post:
McBuzz (June 17th, 2012)
Old June 17th, 2012, 12:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 210
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 22
Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatic59 View Post
You probably have multiple files of the same name. Try looking on your SD card for folders named "notifications" and see if the offending duplicate is there.
You were right. I did. No idea how it got duplicated.
McBuzz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2012, 12:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Moderati ergo sum
 
lunatic59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 23,725
 
Device(s): Nexus 4, Galaxy S II, Captivate, Nexus 1 (retired), Nook Color, Asus Transformer.
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 7,582
Thanked 12,258 Times in 6,737 Posts
Default

Probably an old backup or something. If they keep showing up, you might have to look for sync locations.
lunatic59 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2012, 12:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
SUroot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 23,926
 
Device(s): SGS3 (Current) HTC Desire (Retired)
Carrier: 3 UK

Thanks: 1,923
Thanked 5,320 Times in 3,994 Posts
Default

I've got several "join hangout" too. I think its Google+ that adds this.
Heisenberg123 likes this.
SUroot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2012, 02:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Austin, TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 6
 
Device(s): HTC One X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Cannot find files to delete

I am having the same issue with multiple "join hangout" notification sounds populating in the music folder of my alarms. when i browsed to the notification folder, only 2 were listed with slightly different names. i erased both, but i still have 30 of these sounds populating my music list. any other ideas? besides reset device, i can deal if that's the case...

hokay, so.. more research, i found out that you can have several folders called "notifications" or "ringtones" anywhere on the sd and regardless of the path it can cause duplicates. but i checked this as well and i really only have one copy of each file name (when hooking up via usb and browsing). Is there a log file somewhere that possibly dictates a list of music?

it seems that the instances of duplicates directly coincides with the amount of failed attempts i have had to sync to pc using HTC sync manager. using a windows 7 pro 64 bit machine, htc sync never sync'd successfully and fails to recognize device in most cases, so just stopped trying after awhile, even with help from htc.

just want these files gone...
ParkerDees is offline  
Last edited by ParkerDees; November 13th, 2012 at 08:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerDees View Post
I am having the same issue with multiple "join hangout" notification sounds populating in the music folder of my alarms. when i browsed to the notification folder, only 2 were listed with slightly different names. i erased both, but i still have 30 of these sounds populating my music list. any other ideas? besides reset device, i can deal if that's the case...

hokay, so.. more research, i found out that you can have several folders called "notifications" or "ringtones" anywhere on the sd and regardless of the path it can cause duplicates. but i checked this as well and i really only have one copy of each file name (when hooking up via usb and browsing). Is there a log file somewhere that possibly dictates a list of music?

it seems that the instances of duplicates directly coincides with the amount of failed attempts i have had to sync to pc using HTC sync manager. using a windows 7 pro 64 bit machine, htc sync never sync'd successfully and fails to recognize device in most cases, so just stopped trying after awhile, even with help from htc.

just want these files gone...
I am actually having this same issue with my Galaxy Note II and can't figure out how to remove the extra's that are showing up. Overall I removed all the content I have uploaded and the duplicates remian.
sledgehammer70 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2012, 02:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Austin, TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 6
 
Device(s): HTC One X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Solved

Hokay, so...

go to settings>apps>all> scroll down to "media storage" and clear data

Then reboot!

Presto, all duplicates gone!

It took a few minutes to re associate pictures in albums, etc. but this seems to have solved it for me.

If you have doubts, a back up of your media wouldn't be a bad idea, but it shouldn't actually purge anything from your device, seems to just be a type of log file that tells the device where media is stored.
ParkerDees is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Join hangout duplicate sound

What is the join hangout sound a default notification for? which app does it sound off for?

Thanks!
naturalbeauty3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Buy the Samsung Galaxy S III
Sign up for instant notification when the Samsung Galaxy S III goes on sale!
Samsung Galaxy S III

  The Samsung Galaxy S3 is the company's flagship device of 2012. As one of the most anticipated devices of the year, this device is the first to come with a Exynos 4 Quad processor. It also has Android 4.0, a 4.8-inch 720p Super AMOLED ... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S3
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.