Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S3

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 10th, 2012, 01:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 56
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default Disabling the led at night?

How do I fully turn odd the led at night? Light flow is busted for me on my att s3.

rxmxsh is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 10th, 2012, 01:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 59
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Only way I know if is tedious. Settings -> LED, un-check everything.

Then come day time, repeat the process but check everything.
durarian is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2012, 01:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Pinmac1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 463
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: O2

Thanks: 212
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Sounds like the sort of thing you could do with Tasker?
Pinmac1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2012, 02:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 150
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 13
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Buy the full version of Light Flow. It took me just one night to realise that getting an email during the night would result in my room pulsating in blue light all night.

Light Flow works perfectly with the SGS3. You can configure different colours for different types of alerts and set how long they'll go off for. It's one of the best customization apps on Android IMO.
jimdriver2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2012, 04:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 23
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

face down at night could be an option?? (also the home dock disables the led.)
JS_racer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2012, 10:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 56
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by durarian View Post
Only way I know if is tedious. Settings -> LED, un-check everything.

Then come day time, repeat the process but check everything.
Did that, still lights up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimdriver2 View Post
Buy the full version of Light Flow. It took me just one night to realise that getting an email during the night would result in my room pulsating in blue light all night.

Light Flow works perfectly with the SGS3. You can configure different colours for different types of alerts and set how long they'll go off for. It's one of the best customization apps on Android IMO.
LF doesn't work for me. Solid green light when the screen is off, and it speaks when you open a folder. They said they are aware, but right now the fix require root.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS_racer View Post
face down at night could be an option?? (also the home dock disables the led.)
I am using the Samsung dock. It does not disable the LED. =\
rxmxsh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2012, 11:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
liteon163's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 222
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15
Thanked 21 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Last night, my first night with my Blue 32, I ran into this problem. I was charging, so I went into the LED settings and checked the option to turn off LED notifications while charging. If you're putting your phone on the dock, it's charging, right? Maybe this will work for you too...
liteon163 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2012, 12:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
bigyid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Devon
Posts: 54
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Maybe get some NFC tags and use one for disabling all led's at night
bigyid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2012, 01:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 269
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3 (AT&T)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 35 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxmxsh View Post
Did that, still lights up.
I read somewhere that you have to reboot for LED changes to take effect. Don't know if it is true or not, but you could give it a try.
ardyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2012, 01:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 142
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts
Default

U tried the "sleep settings" in light flow? Although I dont use this feature, everything else works exactly the way I set it to in LF
nseriessaga is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 10th, 2012, 02:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
SUroot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 23,926
 
Device(s): SGS3 (Current) HTC Desire (Retired)
Carrier: 3 UK

Thanks: 1,923
Thanked 5,320 Times in 3,994 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinmac1 View Post
Sounds like the sort of thing you could do with Tasker?
Its an option but it doesn't work on the s3. Nothing I've tried does
SUroot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2012, 02:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 56
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nseriessaga View Post
U tried the "sleep settings" in light flow? Although I dont use this feature, everything else works exactly the way I set it to in LF
I have. It's a known issue on their blog. I'm one of the lucky affected by =)
rxmxsh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2012, 03:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 150
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 13
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxmxsh View Post
LF doesn't work for me. Solid green light when the screen is off, and it speaks when you open a folder. They said they are aware, but right now the fix require root.
I assure you that LF works perfectly on the SGS3. I've had my phone since day 1 of the blue one being available in the UK. I installed LF on day 2 and it's worked since then. There was on the first day a minor issue where the default blinking blue notification appeared, but I think that was due to tasker doing something weird (I have that running as well.)

Since then it's worked perfectly. Play around with the options. On mine i've got it enabled and running in the foreground.
jimdriver2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2012, 03:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
BlueIce5249's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 767
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 31
Thanked 48 Times in 36 Posts
Default

Theres actually a little known, but useful LED feature on this phone. Once you flip it over, the LED goes off.
BlueIce5249 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2012, 04:15 PM   #15 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 56
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimdriver2 View Post
I assure you that LF works perfectly on the SGS3. I've had my phone since day 1 of the blue one being available in the UK. I installed LF on day 2 and it's worked since then. There was on the first day a minor issue where the default blinking blue notification appeared, but I think that was due to tasker doing something weird (I have that running as well.)

Since then it's worked perfectly. Play around with the options. On mine i've got it enabled and running in the foreground.
Light Flow - Blog

They've had more time to play with the UK version. The US version isn't working correctly yet.
rxmxsh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2012, 04:19 PM   #16 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
SUroot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 23,926
 
Device(s): SGS3 (Current) HTC Desire (Retired)
Carrier: 3 UK

Thanks: 1,923
Thanked 5,320 Times in 3,994 Posts
Default

Light flow doesnt work at all on my UK GSM S3. Test does nothing (Screen on or off), in fact it actually prevents the LED from working simply by installing the app.

So yes, it may work for some people but it does not work for me.
SUroot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2012, 04:20 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 112
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 51
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueIce5249 View Post
Theres actually a little known, but useful LED feature on this phone. Once you flip it over, the LED goes off.
Because of the shape of the phone you can still see it flashing when lying face down.

Best advice I can give rxmxsh is to switch off both wifi & mobile data when you go to bed. Stops any LED flashing, unless of course someone texts or rings you at silly o'clock, and also saves your battery.
I done the same purely to get rid of the flashing LED and ending up using only 1 or 2% of the battery over the 7 - 10 hours I'm in bed.
With mobile data on (I always switched off wifi on a night) I used to use around 20% of the battery.
No flashing & battery almost fully charged for the day.
charliehowes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Buy the Samsung Galaxy S III
Sign up for instant notification when the Samsung Galaxy S III goes on sale!
Samsung Galaxy S III

  The Samsung Galaxy S3 is the company's flagship device of 2012. As one of the most anticipated devices of the year, this device is the first to come with a Exynos 4 Quad processor. It also has Android 4.0, a 4.8-inch 720p Super AMOLED ... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S3
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.