Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S3

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By treb1797
  • 1 Post By xliderider
  • 1 Post By Metfanant

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 20th, 2012, 03:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
treb1797's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 7,921
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 3,541
Thanked 2,841 Times in 2,180 Posts
Thumbs up Verizon S3 Update Announced

Verizon Galaxy S3 Receiving Update to VRLG1, Includes New Kernel and Dumbed Down Search – Droid Life




Just an FYI.
jbdan likes this.

treb1797 is offline  
Last edited by treb1797; July 20th, 2012 at 03:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to treb1797 For This Useful Post:
jbdan (July 20th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old July 20th, 2012, 03:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
2horses's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Braunfels, TX
Posts: 581
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy III, Samsung Epic 4G Touch (work), Motorola Droid X (retired)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 37
Thanked 46 Times in 36 Posts
Default

Doesn't exactly sound like a good thing?
2horses is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2012, 03:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Iowa
Posts: 144
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3B Blue 16GB - HTC Incredible (retired)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Default

So with this update including a kernel, does that mean the bootloader has to be unlocked to install said new kernel?
CyHawk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 134
 
Device(s): Motorola Razr,Droid Incredible,Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 4
Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts
Default

The bootloader is encrypted. Verizon has the code and can do his. Perhaps the xda folks can grab something off this update to break the encryption?
Minimike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2012, 03:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
xliderider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Where Diamond Head Stay
Posts: 1,232
 
Device(s): Verizon GS3 32GB blue, Galaxy Nexus i515 (backup)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 54
Thanked 194 Times in 150 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyHawk View Post
So with this update including a kernel, does that mean the bootloader has to be unlocked to install said new kernel?
The update won't load unless the bootloader sees that the OTA is properly signed. So yes, unless the bootloader is unlocked, your device would have to have the stock bootloader and most likely ROM to install this newest update.

If you are not stock and rooted, I wouldn't go back to stock to get the update just yet until the developers get a chance to see what's up. Most likely Verizon has requested that Samsung plug the holes in the original software that allowed root and using kexec to bypass the stock kernel in any "updates" we receive.
jbdan likes this.
xliderider is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xliderider For This Useful Post:
spike4405@yahoo.com (July 20th, 2012)
Old July 20th, 2012, 03:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Metfanant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,450
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3 (Blue32), Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 64
Thanked 416 Times in 320 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2horses View Post
Doesn't exactly sound like a good thing?
should be a great thing honestly...yes our search is dumbed down (but ive yet to use it once)...but the new baseband should hopefully improve radio performance...
jbdan likes this.
__________________
- Samsung Galaxy SIII (Blue32) - SynergyROM JellyBean - Nova Launcher -
- Droid X - Liberty3 - Overclocked @ 1.15ghz - LauncherPro Plus -


Questions about rooting/modding your VZW Samsung Galaxy S3? Go Here
Metfanant is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2012, 04:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 156
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 48
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Forgive my ignorance, but can someone tell me how I can currently do a search through my phone? Thanks.
Teris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2012, 04:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
xliderider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Where Diamond Head Stay
Posts: 1,232
 
Device(s): Verizon GS3 32GB blue, Galaxy Nexus i515 (backup)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 54
Thanked 194 Times in 150 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metfanant View Post
should be a great thing honestly...yes our search is dumbed down (but ive yet to use it once)...but the new baseband should hopefully improve radio performance...
Sounds just like something Verizon would do. Lure us rooted users in with new baseband files with possibly better radio performance.

So tempting.... evil Verizon.
xliderider is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2012, 04:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kissimmee, Florida
Posts: 384
 
Device(s): POS Fascinate, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 48 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Can't the devs find the encryption in the OTA and copy paste to crack the bootloader? Sign the encryption to other kernels?
artman540 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to artman540 For This Useful Post:
PFD664 (July 22nd, 2012)
Old July 20th, 2012, 04:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Hrethgir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Salem, OR
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,670
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SIII, Motorola Droid X-retired, Apple iPhone 3Gs-retired, B&N Nook-rooted
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 96
Thanked 220 Times in 175 Posts
Default

Haven't rooted and would love better radio performance. Best would be if this new kernel included an unencrypted bootloader as we should have.
__________________
Apple -> Android convert
Hrethgir is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 20th, 2012, 04:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Hrethgir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Salem, OR
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,670
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SIII, Motorola Droid X-retired, Apple iPhone 3Gs-retired, B&N Nook-rooted
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 96
Thanked 220 Times in 175 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by artman540 View Post
Can't the devs find the encryption in the OTA and copy paste to crack the bootloader? Sign the encryption to other kernels?

If it was that easy, the Droid X bootloader would have been unencrypted years ago, so don't get your hopes up.
Hrethgir is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hrethgir For This Useful Post:
carracerz14 (July 20th, 2012)
Old July 20th, 2012, 04:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kissimmee, Florida
Posts: 384
 
Device(s): POS Fascinate, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 48 Times in 42 Posts
Default

I thought they cracked the X.
artman540 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2012, 04:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 449
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 47 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by artman540 View Post
I thought they cracked the X.
The droid x originally shipped with an un-encrypted bootloader. It wasn't until it was out for like more than a year that an OTA came along and ruined paradise with an encrypted bootloader.
sorka is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2012, 05:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 330
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 21
Thanked 42 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by artman540 View Post
Can't the devs find the encryption in the OTA and copy paste to crack the bootloader? Sign the encryption to other kernels?
Thats almost like saying youre gonna walk into a bank and look for the "keys" they use to unlock the vault, then proceed to unlock the vault and take the "loot", and walk out without getting caught on a monday morning. Maybe not so much as that but it is a tall order.
AndroidxGuy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2012, 05:50 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kissimmee, Florida
Posts: 384
 
Device(s): POS Fascinate, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 48 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidxGuy View Post
Thats almost like saying youre gonna walk into a bank and look for the "keys" they use to unlock the vault, then proceed to unlock the vault and take the "loot", and walk out without getting caught on a monday morning. Maybe not so much as that but it is a tall order.

But it is possible right? Compare the lines of code and hit the lottery?
artman540 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2012, 06:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 622
 
Device(s): Droid X @ 1.3GHz UV
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 54 Times in 50 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorka View Post
The droid x originally shipped with an un-encrypted bootloader. It wasn't until it was out for like more than a year that an OTA came along and ruined paradise with an encrypted bootloader.
False. It was released locked down.
rehpyc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2012, 06:25 PM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Wolverine Lake, MI
Posts: 1,154
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 173
Thanked 178 Times in 147 Posts
Default

Droid x always had a locked bootloader. Same goes for all motorola phones. Each new bootloader usually has a new encryption on it so it's not as easy as taking it from the new one and putting it on the old one. Doesn't work that way.
carracerz14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2012, 06:31 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 449
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 47 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rehpyc View Post
False. It was released locked down.
I said it was released un-encrypted, not "not locked down".
sorka is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2012, 10:53 PM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Metfanant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,450
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3 (Blue32), Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 64
Thanked 416 Times in 320 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xliderider View Post
Sounds just like something Verizon would do. Lure us rooted users in with new baseband files with possibly better radio performance.

So tempting.... evil Verizon.
the update HAS to happen...the real reason is the borking of the search feature...it has to happen to prevent the S3 being blocked by Apple over patent issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrethgir View Post
If it was that easy, the Droid X bootloader would have been unencrypted years ago, so don't get your hopes up.
amen

Quote:
Originally Posted by artman540 View Post
I thought they cracked the X.
never, still have not

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorka View Post
The droid x originally shipped with an un-encrypted bootloader. It wasn't until it was out for like more than a year that an OTA came along and ruined paradise with an encrypted bootloader.
WHAT!? i owned a DX from day 1...it was ALWAYS encrypted

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorka View Post
I said it was released un-encrypted, not "not locked down".
and youre still wrong
Metfanant is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Metfanant For This Useful Post:
carracerz14 (July 21st, 2012)
Old July 20th, 2012, 10:53 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 123
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 20 Times in 9 Posts
Default

They found a way to bypass the bootloader with what's called a second-init boot, basically a hack, on the Droid X. I've not been following XDA super close, but I believe that's what they're trying to do on the VZ GS3....Hopefully we'll be able to get that.

I am rooted, so I'm just going to click no or maybe freeze the update apk until they root the image and restore Google search. I'd love a baseband update though...
exwifeusesiphone is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 20th, 2012, 10:55 PM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Metfanant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,450
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3 (Blue32), Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 64
Thanked 416 Times in 320 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwifeusesiphone View Post
They found a way to bypass the bootloader with what's called a second-init boot, basically a hack, on the Droid X. I've not been following XDA super close, but I believe that's what they're trying to do on the VZ GS3....Hopefully we'll be able to get that.

I am rooted, so I'm just going to click no or maybe freeze the update apk until they root the image and restore Google search. I'd love a baseband update though...
the approach for the GS3 is VERY different than what has been done with the DX...VERY VERY different
Metfanant is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2012, 11:16 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 330
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 21
Thanked 42 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by artman540 View Post
But it is possible right? Compare the lines of code and hit the lottery?
To give you an idea of the difficulty of un-encrypting the encryption on a digital signing key (or whatever its called), it took the PSP hacking community about 8 years to extract.
AndroidxGuy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2012, 11:35 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 449
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 47 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwifeusesiphone View Post
They found a way to bypass the bootloader with what's called a second-init boot, basically a hack, on the Droid X. I've not been following XDA super close, but I believe that's what they're trying to do on the VZ GS3....Hopefully we'll be able to get that.

I am rooted, so I'm just going to click no or maybe freeze the update apk until they root the image and restore Google search. I'd love a baseband update though...
Why not just re-root after the update and restore the original voice search apk? Heck, you could even install the vastly superior Google Now Voice Search.

Download and Install Latest Google Now Voice Search APK on Rooted Galaxy S3 | Root Galaxy S3
sorka is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2012, 11:49 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 432
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 70
Thanked 64 Times in 43 Posts
Default

After updating will we have to go through all the apps we disabled and disable them again?
kayst is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2012, 11:57 PM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
treb1797's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 7,921
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 3,541
Thanked 2,841 Times in 2,180 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayst View Post
After updating will we have to go through all the apps we disabled and disable them again?
No. It's not a factory reset. Apps should stay disabled.
treb1797 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2012, 12:20 AM   #26 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 39
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

It's amazing how Verizon is so quick to approve updates that take away functionality, but they take forever to approve the real updates for new Android versions.

Jokers.
inm8num2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to inm8num2 For This Useful Post:
hjoneshjones (July 22nd, 2012)
Old July 21st, 2012, 12:26 AM   #27 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
treb1797's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 7,921
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 3,541
Thanked 2,841 Times in 2,180 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inm8num2 View Post
It's amazing how Verizon is so quick to approve updates that take away functionality, but they take forever to approve the real updates for new Android versions.

Jokers.
This is more of a Samsung update then a Verizon update.
treb1797 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2012, 07:42 AM   #28 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ylexot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Saint Inigoes, MD
Posts: 2,336
 
Device(s): VZW Galaxy S3, Transformer Prime, Droid X (ret)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 17
Thanked 403 Times in 324 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metfanant View Post
the approach for the GS3 is VERY different than what has been done with the DX...VERY VERY different
True, but the method for the S3 is actually better although more convoluted if I'm understanding it correctly.
ylexot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2012, 03:27 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 123
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 20 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorka View Post
Why not just re-root after the update and restore the original voice search apk? Heck, you could even install the vastly superior Google Now Voice Search.

Download and Install Latest Google Now Voice Search APK on Rooted Galaxy S3 | Root Galaxy S3
Because we don't know if the update will block the root exploit...So it's always a good idea not to allow the update until we know if the current rooting method still works.

I've seen the Google Now stuff, but since it's not completely functional, I haven't installed it. Plus if you install that you have to kill the search you have, I'd rather not screw with that.
exwifeusesiphone is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2012, 04:06 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
rapidsandroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 402
 
Device(s): HTC Incredible
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 27 Times in 18 Posts
Question

Will this handicap the Google Gesture Search app as well?
rapidsandroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 21st, 2012, 04:21 PM   #31 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 847
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 155
Thanked 298 Times in 221 Posts
Default

Is the thought of improved radio performance with this 'update' merely conjecture, or has someone read this will actually be the case?
Ken7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2012, 04:23 PM   #32 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 39
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by treb1797 View Post
This is more of a Samsung update then a Verizon update.
Verizon has to approve updates. They take forever to approve normal updates, but for something that actually hinders the phone Verizon doesn't mind.
inm8num2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2012, 04:30 PM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 449
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 47 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwifeusesiphone View Post
Because we don't know if the update will block the root exploit...So it's always a good idea not to allow the update until we know if the current rooting method still works.

I've seen the Google Now stuff, but since it's not completely functional, I haven't installed it. Plus if you install that you have to kill the search you have, I'd rather not screw with that.
The .621 update on the Droid X prevented rooting...unless of course you used something like Root Keeper to restore root after the update.
sorka is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2012, 05:07 PM   #34 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Wolverine Lake, MI
Posts: 1,154
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 173
Thanked 178 Times in 147 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorka View Post
The .621 update on the Droid X prevented rooting...unless of course you used something like Root Keeper to restore root after the update.
But it wasn't too long before someone figured out a new way to root it
carracerz14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2012, 06:28 PM   #35 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Krunk83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chicago
Gender: Male
Posts: 511
 
Device(s): Nexus 4 16gb Rooted cm10.1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 20
Thanked 107 Times in 67 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teris View Post
Forgive my ignorance, but can someone tell me how I can currently do a search through my phone? Thanks.
On the home screen hold down the menu button(capacitive button to the left of the home button) for about 2 seconds.
__________________
Nexus 4 16gb
Cataclysm ROM
Franco kernel r193
Krunk83 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2012, 07:17 PM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 449
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 47 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carracerz14 View Post
But it wasn't too long before someone figured out a new way to root it
Yea, but not with a stock image. If you want a stock verizon experience but with root, your SOL. If you backed up your root prior to taking .621, then you're in luck. Plus, even if you flash the Milestone X image, it's a lot more complicated than the 1-click method we used to do from windows..which you must now do from linux. Plus there's a lot more risk to bricking your dx than before.
sorka is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2012, 01:21 AM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Some where on this blue planet
Posts: 131
 
Device(s): Droid X-Retired Verizon SGS3- current
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorka View Post
Yea, but not with a stock image. If you want a stock verizon experience but with root, your SOL. If you backed up your root prior to taking .621, then you're in luck. Plus, even if you flash the Milestone X image, it's a lot more complicated than the 1-click method we used to do from windows..which you must now do from linux. Plus there's a lot more risk to bricking your dx than before.
dang , i didnt know the X had those issues , ever since froyo i switched to custom roms i think the last room i had was Liberty 3. I dont feel the urge to root my S3 because afer disabling all the bloat it runs pretty good but i still hope they unlock it so i can put a custom rom on it eventually
chamba is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2012, 01:51 AM   #38 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Wolverine Lake, MI
Posts: 1,154
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 173
Thanked 178 Times in 147 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorka View Post
Yea, but not with a stock image. If you want a stock verizon experience but with root, your SOL. If you backed up your root prior to taking .621, then you're in luck. Plus, even if you flash the Milestone X image, it's a lot more complicated than the 1-click method we used to do from windows..which you must now do from linux. Plus there's a lot more risk to bricking your dx than before.
That would be why i don't remember it being that complicated. As soon as second int was released I was running an ics rom.
carracerz14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Buy the Samsung Galaxy S III
Sign up for instant notification when the Samsung Galaxy S III goes on sale!
Samsung Galaxy S III

  The Samsung Galaxy S3 is the company's flagship device of 2012. As one of the most anticipated devices of the year, this device is the first to come with a Exynos 4 Quad processor. It also has Android 4.0, a 4.8-inch 720p Super AMOLED ... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S3
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.