Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S3

Find everything you need for the Galaxy S5 and discuss it in our S5 forum!
Have you seen that OnePlus One's awesome camera?? The forum is over here!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Shotgun84

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 4th, 2012, 11:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Emergency firmware recovery ...

Before I post, I just want to say I'm sorry if this problem has already been raised is posted elsewhere ... if it is please feel free to direct me to the right place!

So last night I tried to update my S3 via Kies (I'm a Mac OS X user), and during the upgrade there was an issue and said my phone needed emergency firmware recovery and I got a pop up box with a message to say use the code below, however a code wasn't supplied. I thought I'd try my luck and and try emergency recovery anyway, but my phone didn't come up in the list of devices that needed emergency recovery. I tried a few times/uninstalled/rebooted computer etc but with no luck.

This morning I phoned up Samsung Tech support (extremely unhelpful) and told me I had to go to my local service centre to get my phone 'reflashed', so I went. I get there and they said they couldn't do anything and that my phone needed to be sent away for repair. I then phoned up Samsung again, by this time extremely irate, and they just said they will send me out a jiffy bag and all I have to do is wait ...

On my way home I went to the Geek Squad @ Carphone Warehouse in the hope they might be able to do something. They tried to emergency recover my firmware from their computer but no luck and then got up the Odin Download screen (pressed vol down, home and power buttons) and said to wait, but to be honest he didn't have a clue and admitted that. I asked if he'd had any other issues like this with the S3 and he said none ... he said to wait and if I had no luck I to go back and get it sent away.

I came home and searched around the net for ages to do with everything related but couldn't find any real help so this is my last resort - I'm hoping I can sort this out before I have to send it away. I've tried to root my phone but again no luck.

Would be really grateful for any help/support/advice.
Thanks guys.

foreverjammin is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 4th, 2012, 11:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Shotgun84's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cambridgeshire, England
Posts: 5,243
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 ROM: WanamLite, Kernel: KT-SGS4
Carrier: 3UK

Thanks: 1,612
Thanked 3,034 Times in 1,814 Posts
Default

Welcome to the forum foreverjammin and thanks for joining.

If your phone boots into download mode it should be recoverable. All it should take is to flash some firmware with Odin. If you let me know which variant of the gs3 you have I'll be able to find you some firmware to flash. The only problem is that you have a mac and Odin only works with Windows. So you might have to borrow a mates pc or laptop if possible.
funkylogik likes this.
Shotgun84 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shotgun84 For This Useful Post:
berryracer (August 4th, 2012)
Old August 4th, 2012, 12:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks Shotgun. Stupid question, but what do you mean by variant?
foreverjammin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 12:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Shotgun84's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cambridgeshire, England
Posts: 5,243
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 ROM: WanamLite, Kernel: KT-SGS4
Carrier: 3UK

Thanks: 1,612
Thanked 3,034 Times in 1,814 Posts
Default

International (i9300), T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T or Sprint
Shotgun84 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 12:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

International GT-i9300 (Am on O2 UK if that's relevant?)
foreverjammin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 12:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Shotgun84's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cambridgeshire, England
Posts: 5,243
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 ROM: WanamLite, Kernel: KT-SGS4
Carrier: 3UK

Thanks: 1,612
Thanked 3,034 Times in 1,814 Posts
Default

If it was brought directly from 02 and you want to stay carrier branded download your firmware from here
SamMobile Firmware Page

If you got your phone from carphone warehouse or Amazon etc and is unbranded download the latest firmware (BLG8) from here
[Stock Official Firmwares] I9300XXBLG8 (4.0.4) - United Kingdom (BTU) [27-07-12] - xda-developers

Once you have downloaded your firmware follow the guide in this link to flash
[Guide+ROMS]Odin Flash+Root Guide & Stock Firmwares LE4/6/8/9/F/D, LF1/2 - xda-developers
Shotgun84 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 12:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Europe
Posts: 54
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3 16GB White(only functioning as paperweight right now), Ipad 3, Galaxy S+, Iphone 3g(retire
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverjammin View Post
International GT-i9300 (Am on O2 UK if that's relevant?)
Go to setting-about device, there you should see your model number.
Darkax is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 12:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks for all of that I'll let you know how I get on!
foreverjammin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 12:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Shotgun84's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cambridgeshire, England
Posts: 5,243
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 ROM: WanamLite, Kernel: KT-SGS4
Carrier: 3UK

Thanks: 1,612
Thanked 3,034 Times in 1,814 Posts
Default

No problem. Good luck
Shotgun84 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2013, 03:30 AM   #10 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverjammin View Post
Before I post, I just want to say I'm sorry if this problem has already been raised is posted elsewhere ... if it is please feel free to direct me to the right place!

So last night I tried to update my S3 via Kies (I'm a Mac OS X user), and during the upgrade there was an issue and said my phone needed emergency firmware recovery and I got a pop up box with a message to say use the code below, however a code wasn't supplied. I thought I'd try my luck and and try emergency recovery anyway, but my phone didn't come up in the list of devices that needed emergency recovery. I tried a few times/uninstalled/rebooted computer etc but with no luck.

This morning I phoned up Samsung Tech support (extremely unhelpful) and told me I had to go to my local service centre to get my phone 'reflashed', so I went. I get there and they said they couldn't do anything and that my phone needed to be sent away for repair. I then phoned up Samsung again, by this time extremely irate, and they just said they will send me out a jiffy bag and all I have to do is wait ...

On my way home I went to the Geek Squad @ Carphone Warehouse in the hope they might be able to do something. They tried to emergency recover my firmware from their computer but no luck and then got up the Odin Download screen (pressed vol down, home and power buttons) and said to wait, but to be honest he didn't have a clue and admitted that. I asked if he'd had any other issues like this with the S3 and he said none ... he said to wait and if I had no luck I to go back and get it sent away.

I came home and searched around the net for ages to do with everything related but couldn't find any real help so this is my last resort - I'm hoping I can sort this out before I have to send it away. I've tried to root my phone but again no luck.

Would be really grateful for any help/support/advice.
Thanks guys.
SAME HAPPEN TO ME with galaxy s advance what to do? using windows os
hhhunk is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 3rd, 2013, 05:48 AM   #11 (permalink)
share the love peeps ;)
 
funkylogik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,420
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3 (I9300) Carbon nightlies (4.4.2) Nexus 7 (2012) Validus, Franco Kernel
Carrier: 3 (three) UK 15 p/m unltd data/txt

Thanks: 11,053
Thanked 3,931 Times in 3,154 Posts
Default Re: Emergency firmware recovery ...

How about the Odin app if he cant get to a pc SG mate?
Plus will his phone still get ota or be classed as "modified"?
__________________
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/funkylogik
For a UK prepay sim with unlimited data, unlimited text, 250mins for 12p/m, no contract, no catch (runs on o2 network)
funkylogik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2013, 05:51 AM   #12 (permalink)
share the love peeps ;)
 
funkylogik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
Gender: Male
Posts: 15,420
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3 (I9300) Carbon nightlies (4.4.2) Nexus 7 (2012) Validus, Franco Kernel
Carrier: 3 (three) UK 15 p/m unltd data/txt

Thanks: 11,053
Thanked 3,931 Times in 3,154 Posts
Default Re: Emergency firmware recovery ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhhunk View Post
SAME HAPPEN TO ME with galaxy s advance what to do? using windows os
Try the Galaxy S forum bro. Think theyl guide you better. But if you mean s3 then follow the advice above.
Good luck
funkylogik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 02:17 AM   #13 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sad Firmware issue for galaxy tab 2 p3100

Asking for recovery mode in kies, so I want emergency recovery firmware code for kies plz me anyone
im2crazy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Buy the Samsung Galaxy S III
Sign up for instant notification when the Samsung Galaxy S III goes on sale!
Samsung Galaxy S III

  The Samsung Galaxy S3 is the company's flagship device of 2012. As one of the most anticipated devices of the year, this device is the first to come with a Exynos 4 Quad processor. It also has Android 4.0, a 4.8-inch 720p Super AMOLED ... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S3
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.