Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S3

Like Tree37Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 30th, 2012, 01:58 PM   #251 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Likes: had to do a reset after but since then works great

Dislikes: I don't like how they took the auto-correct away.

Advertisements
scoreyy33 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 4th, 2013, 05:03 PM   #252 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi it seems I am having the same problem with battery life as you. Even as I write this my battery has dropped 3% since I took it off charge 5 min ago! Is there any way to go back to ics?
AnoTherS3uSer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2013, 05:07 PM   #253 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Can I just go back to ics. My battery doesn't even last 24 hours on brand new S3 since jb update 4.1.1
PLEASE HELP
AnoTherS3uSer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2013, 01:08 PM   #254 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 124
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnoTherS3uSer View Post
Can I just go back to ics. My battery doesn't even last 24 hours on brand new S3 since jb update 4.1.1
PLEASE HELP
Not sure if you did a factory reset yet but many folks (Myself included) were having various issues after JB.

After reading many forums it was recommended to do a factory reset after a update like ICS to JB. I waited a bit but then did the reset and all i can say is Wow..

Super smooth now and much snappier. No battery issues what so ever. Very happy with JB (I am with Verizon).
Drunder40 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2013, 09:51 PM   #255 (permalink)
Member
 
BHalbrooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Gender: Male
Posts: 127
 
Device(s): SG3
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 23
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Default

A Factory Reset? As in clear all data, settings, etc off the Phone? Seems not worth it... I don't have any complaints so far. I turned off Google Now because I don't really need it, and it seemed to be using some battery. I did go to bed with the Phone at 30% and it died somehow during the night, which has never happened before.

Still excited about the Phone.
BHalbrooks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2013, 10:09 PM   #256 (permalink)
Dr. Feelgood
 
Rxpert83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MN
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,269
 
Device(s): Nexus 7, Nexus 5
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 14,776
Thanked 12,564 Times in 7,248 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHalbrooks View Post
A Factory Reset? As in clear all data, settings, etc off the Phone? Seems not worth it... I don't have any complaints so far. I turned off Google Now because I don't really need it, and it seemed to be using some battery. I did go to bed with the Phone at 30% and it died somehow during the night, which has never happened before.

Still excited about the Phone.
Yes a factory reset wipes everything.

Its a surefire fix for nearly any software glitches though.
Rxpert83 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2013, 06:23 AM   #257 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
SUroot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 23,926
 
Device(s): SGS3 (Current) HTC Desire (Retired)
Carrier: 3 UK

Thanks: 1,923
Thanked 5,324 Times in 3,995 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHalbrooks View Post
A Factory Reset? As in clear all data, settings, etc off the Phone? Seems not worth it... I don't have any complaints so far. I turned off Google Now because I don't really need it, and it seemed to be using some battery. I did go to bed with the Phone at 30% and it died somehow during the night, which has never happened before.

Still excited about the Phone.
http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/659933-problems-after-upgrade-factory-reset.html#post5299820

Problems after upgrade? Factory reset!
SUroot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2013, 07:40 AM   #258 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Almost 100% happy

I'm appreciating the changes/improvements. The problem both my girlfriend and I are having is with empty screen removal. Whenever we drag a screen into the trash icon Touchwiz crashes. Didn't happen on either phone before the update. (GS3)
frope01 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2013, 02:47 PM   #259 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 5
 
Device(s): AT&T Galaxy S4
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frope01 View Post
I'm appreciating the changes/improvements. The problem both my girlfriend and I are having is with empty screen removal. Whenever we drag a screen into the trash icon Touchwiz crashes. Didn't happen on either phone before the update. (GS3)
Turn the Developers Options off
Go to Menu>settings>Developers Options at the top you can toggle it off or on.

Once you have deleted any unwanted home screens you can turn it back on if desired.

I am on ATT with SGH-I747 and it worked wonders for me. I had found the answer on this forum, but can't place it now to give proper credit.
I use the Developers Options to turn off the three animations.
spatcher is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to spatcher For This Useful Post:
KOLIO (January 16th, 2013)
Old January 14th, 2013, 11:21 PM   #260 (permalink)
Member
 
dmaxfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: maumelle, ar/southaven, ms
Posts: 135
 
Device(s): Razr
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 32
Thanked 26 Times in 19 Posts
Default

I like everything except the data drops every 2 seconds while using the mobile hotspot. I'm with verizon
dmaxfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 14th, 2013, 11:55 PM   #261 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Philippines
Gender: Male
Posts: 62
 
Device(s): Samsung S3 Nokia X3-02
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Send a message via AIM to christopherT Send a message via Skype™ to christopherT christopher.taroroc
Default

Can someone send me a link where i can download Jellybean 4.2 and how to install it. Cause right now Philippines still no update for the latest version there lastest update is only Jellybean 4.0.4.
christopherT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2013, 06:36 PM   #262 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Metfanant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,450
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3 (Blue32), Droid X
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 64
Thanked 416 Times in 320 Posts
Default Re: [JELLYBEAN] Likes / Dislikes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherT View Post
Can someone send me a link where i can download Jellybean 4.2 and how to install it. Cause right now Philippines still no update for the latest version there lastest update is only Jellybean 4.0.4.
Samsung has not released a 4.2 build...only way to get 4.2 is to root and install something like cyanogen
__________________
- Samsung Galaxy SIII (Blue32) - SynergyROM JellyBean - Nova Launcher -
- Droid X - Liberty3 - Overclocked @ 1.15ghz - LauncherPro Plus -


Questions about rooting/modding your VZW Samsung Galaxy S3? Go Here
Metfanant is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2013, 11:09 PM   #263 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
TAWM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 49
 
Device(s): Samsung Captivate, Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 17
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haris View Post

1) Swype doesn't auto space any longer randomly. it's set to auto space and auto capitalize. does neither now sporadicaly
Mine did the same thing. Just click on your Swype app and check for updates, mine had one and it fixed the space issue. But it won't capitalize at the beginning of each sentence only the first one.
TAWM is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 02:57 PM   #264 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
TAWM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 49
 
Device(s): Samsung Captivate, Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 17
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

I just realized the GPS function seems to be jacked up. Recently tried to find a location with Google maps and it said I had to allow Google Apps to my location. Usually I just click the GPS button when I want it on and turn it off when I'm done but turning it on didn't work for maps now. I don't want apps tracking my every move unless I'm using the GPS for maps. I haven't figured out a way around this yet but I'm not happy about it. What good is the GPS button if it doesn't work? I looked at settings on phone and on maps and didn't see what the heck I need to click.
TAWM is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2013, 09:58 AM   #265 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
TAWM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 49
 
Device(s): Samsung Captivate, Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 17
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Another con or two: now when I make a call whether to a person or voicemail instead of seeing a connection all I get is the dial pad, this makes it appear your call isn't going through and all you see is the number pad no minutes in call. The other thing that's really annoying is the vibrate/ mute button. When you click it twice for mute the light goes out from green to nothing and it looks like it's not activated/ muted. You click it again and it changes from mute to sound and its lit up green again. I want the mute lit up so I know it's muted. My phone going off during church is a major fear.
As far as the new scroll on the side, yes it freaked me out at first then I realized what was up and I moved my finger " in" just a fraction. It's not a bug as some would suggest and Samsung isn't going to "fix" it, they put it there to help you. I am starting to like it as sometimes the " pinch" takes a couple tries to work especially if your already zoomed.
I don't like the new notifications either because it shows you the most of the message, if it's s sshort one you read it there and then have to open your messaging to clear it. Don't like it, it wastes more time than it saves.
TAWM is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2013, 04:43 PM   #266 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
TAWM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 49
 
Device(s): Samsung Captivate, Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 17
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAWM View Post
Another con or two: now when I make a call whether to a person or voicemail instead of seeing a connection all I get is the dial pad, this makes it appear your call isn't going through and all you see is the number pad no minutes in call. The other thing that's really annoying is the vibrate/ mute button. When you click it twice for mute the light goes out from green to nothing and it looks like it's not activated/ muted. You click it again and it changes from mute to sound and its lit up green again. I want the mute lit up so I know it's muted. My phone going off during church is a major fear.
As far as the new scroll on the side, yes it freaked me out at first then I realized what was up and I moved my finger " in" just a fraction. It's not a bug as some would suggest and Samsung isn't going to "fix" it, they put it there to help you. I am starting to like it as sometimes the " pinch" takes a couple tries to work especially if your already zoomed.
I don't like the new notifications either because it shows you the most of the message, if it's s sshort one you read it there and then have to open your messaging to clear it. Don't like it, it wastes more time than it saves.
DOH!!! I just realized during a call that I can hide numbers like usual and minutes are there. ICS would always go to that screen automatically once a call was connected now it starts on whatever way you leave it.
TAWM is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2013, 02:56 PM   #267 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 10
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I don't like that they removed the missed call icons from the lock screen..
droidrv is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2013, 03:54 PM   #268 (permalink)
Member
 
loomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 298
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Logitech Revue
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 17
Thanked 25 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Absolutely hate it. I loved this phone with ICS. Now the phone hangs, needs to be shut down on a regualr basis because it does not respond, drains battery, and they also took away the painless ease of steaming videos to my TV via the stock video player.
loomer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Buy the Samsung Galaxy S III
Sign up for instant notification when the Samsung Galaxy S III goes on sale!
Samsung Galaxy S III

  The Samsung Galaxy S3 is the company's flagship device of 2012. As one of the most anticipated devices of the year, this device is the first to come with a Exynos 4 Quad processor. It also has Android 4.0, a 4.8-inch 720p Super AMOLED ... Read More

Tags
jelly bean


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S3
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.