I just updated to Jelly Bean yesterday on my SG3 on AT&T.
I am having problems with my data network, my 4G keeps dropping and is inactive more than it is working. 4G will eventually start working for about an hour then go out again. Note: I am not moving around, I am in the same place throughout all this.
Error messages I am seeing: No signal found for mobile networks
Troubleshooting I have tried:
I can toggle the airplane mode and back and then 4G shows up again, but only for 30 seconds or so. I have restarted the phone, hard reboot, sim card taken out and put back in, and data toggle. 4G comes back but not for long. I also tried modifying my APN settings APN type from default, mms, supl to default, mms, supl, hipri as I read on another forum site. None of these have fixed the problem.
Is anyone else seeing this problem? Any suggestions?
I was the one who posted earlier about the ,hipri fixing my data connection, sorry this hasn't worked for you. What else have you tried? I would start with a battery pull, let it sit for a bit and then restart, just to make sure. If that doesn't work you could always try a non LTE APN to see what happens. If you can connect to regular data but not LTE, that might tell you something. I will attach a screenshot of the settings, add it as an additional APN, don't replace the LTE one. If this still doesn't work, I would try a new sim card from at&t just to be sure. Last resort to me would be a factory reset or exchange the phone entirely.
__________________ Yo dawg, I heard you like tethering. So we added a data plan to your data plan, you can surf while you surf! Thanks AT&T!
Here is what i have tried: Battery pull, cingular settings (did not take, kept resetting to defautl settings) however, after all that it seemed to be working fine on the pta settings. This lasted a whole day but then stopped working midday the next day.
I don't think this has too much to do with it, but I have noticed that now my 4g stops working when I am home but works pretty consistently everywhere else. Note: before the update 4g worked perfectly fine at home. Could the software be doing sone prioritization because it knows I have wireless access at home? I highly doubt that is the case, but I figure, why not throw that out there. I am going to try to remove 'home' and wireless settings to see if I trigger anything shot in the dark.
I have not tried a factory reset yet. Looks like I might end up doing that here soon.
I gave up, nothing I tried worked, so I did a factory reset.
Even after the factory reset the phone was not working
So I called AT&T and they took my phone off the network and put it back on, still no dice.
I then got a new sim card at the AT&T store, but when I got home it still did not work. The guy at the AT&T store said I did not have an LTE sim card, and because of that the networks could not handle downstepping from 4G LTE to 4G once the card was being rejected at the 4G LTE level.
Then I decided to resort back to my theory that my LTE was not working because of my home location somehow registered on my phone.
I erased my wifi configurations, did not work. Then I updated my home address on my google account. I change did not seem to take effect, so I restarted my phone with the new fake home address. Ever since my 4G has been working!
I will update later after a couple of days have gone by to ensure the 4G is still up and running. I am also going to try to reset my google home address to the real one and see if that stops the 4G from working. More to come...
Thank you for signing up to receive updates for the 374
An email has been dispatched to confirm your signup. Please click the link in the email.
Buy the Samsung Galaxy S III
Sign up for instant notification when the Samsung Galaxy S III goes on sale!
The Samsung Galaxy S3 is the company's flagship device of 2012. As one of the most anticipated devices of the year, this device is the first to come with a Exynos 4 Quad processor. It also has Android 4.0, a 4.8-inch 720p Super AMOLED ... Read More