Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S3

New Forums: Nexus 6 | Nexus Player | Nexus 9
test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 11th, 2012, 09:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 116
 
Device(s): Samsung Captivate on Rogers
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Question Strange stock lock screen behaviour after Jelly Bean update

Hi, I have a Rogers Galaxy S3 and updated to Jelly Bean on the weekend. I have been using Nova Launcher and Widget Locker with no issues since I got my Galaxy S3 a few months back. However, now I notice that either the stock wallpaper or stock lock screen flash on the display for a brief moment once in a while. It's the blue background with the dandelions on it.

Here's an example:
  1. Receive an SMS text notification
  2. Pull down the notification bar
  3. Click the notification
  4. Just before text app launches the stock lock screen flashes on the screen for a split second
  5. Text app launches

It doesn't happen all the time, but I'd say a good 50-75% of the time. And it's quite distracting.

I've also noticed that if I lock the phone by pressing the power button, then press the power button again to unlock the phone then WidgetLocker shows and I can slide to unlock.

However, while the phone is locked if I press the physical home button instead of the power button it turns on the phone and shows the home screen bypassing WidgetLocker. I don't remember it ever doing this before. Did something change? Or maybe I have a setting messed up somewhere?

Has anyone else had any of these kinds of issues?

Thanks!

Advertisements
jaydee77ca is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 11th, 2012, 09:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
streetkilln's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 566
 
Device(s): LG G2, GS3, GNOTE 10.1
Carrier: At&t

Thanks: 8
Thanked 38 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee77ca View Post
Hi, I have a Rogers Galaxy S3 and updated to Jelly Bean on the weekend. I have been using Nova Launcher and Widget Locker with no issues since I got my Galaxy S3 a few months back. However, now I notice that either the stock wallpaper or stock lock screen flash on the display for a brief moment once in a while. It's the blue background with the dandelions on it.

Here's an example:
  1. Receive an SMS text notification
  2. Pull down the notification bar
  3. Click the notification
  4. Just before text app launches the stock lock screen flashes on the screen for a split second
  5. Text app launches

It doesn't happen all the time, but I'd say a good 50-75% of the time. And it's quite distracting.

I've also noticed that if I lock the phone by pressing the power button, then press the power button again to unlock the phone then WidgetLocker shows and I can slide to unlock.

However, while the phone is locked if I press the physical home button instead of the power button it turns on the phone and shows the home screen bypassing WidgetLocker. I don't remember it ever doing this before. Did something change? Or maybe I have a setting messed up somewhere?

Has anyone else had any of these kinds of issues?

Thanks!
i got an issue similar before the jellybean update.
it would quickly flash my lockscreen wallpaper for a few secs when launching any app.

i tryed to change the wallpaper
i tryed deleting the wallpaper
i tryed to use a different lockscreen
i tryed restoring the device.

none worked. but when update it went away.
__________________
Past Phones I Owned:
Samsung Infuse, GS2, GS3, LG G2
CURRENT PHONE: Lg G3
TABLETS OWNED: Galaxy Note 10.1, Toshiba Encore
streetkilln is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2012, 09:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 116
 
Device(s): Samsung Captivate on Rogers
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

So the Home button issue seems to be a known issue with WidgetLocker on Jelly Bean: Widget Locker problem with JB? - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Not sure about the stock lock screen flashing when apps load though, that is annoying! :/
jaydee77ca is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2012, 09:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
streetkilln's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 566
 
Device(s): LG G2, GS3, GNOTE 10.1
Carrier: At&t

Thanks: 8
Thanked 38 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee77ca View Post
So the Home button issue seems to be a known issue with WidgetLocker on Jelly Bean: Widget Locker problem with JB? - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Not sure about the stock lock screen flashing when apps load though, that is annoying! :/
i know how u feel . i had the issue. it was annoying a bit but i ignored it. i tryed to search the issue and found nothing.
streetkilln is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2012, 05:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: California
Posts: 2
 
Device(s): Droid X (2010)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetkilln View Post
i know how u feel . i had the issue. it was annoying a bit but i ignored it. i tryed to search the issue and found nothing.
Same issue here. I'm rooted (temp unroot before the 4.1.1 VZW upgrade) and for a while, the superuser app had a bug which kept logging a popup notification every time the system (logged as "shell") did something at root level, which mostly seemed to correlate to me switching to a new app.

Now the popup is gone, and I see nothing in the superuser log since Dec 13, but the lockscreen background flashes in a similar manner when switching apps which aren't in active memory.
CPngN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2014, 08:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetkilln View Post
i got an issue similar before the jellybean update.
it would quickly flash my lockscreen wallpaper for a few secs when launching any app.

i tryed to change the wallpaper
i tryed deleting the wallpaper
i tryed to use a different lockscreen
i tryed restoring the device.

none worked. but when update it went away.
Hello,
Well How did u update ur galaxy s3 coz I'm too suffering from the same issue ad u did earlier. Tried everything factory reset, erased the memory card, phone memory, firmware upgrade and initialisation through Samsung Kies via pc but nothings working out. Please give me a solution to this problem. .. coz its really frustrating. Thanks
Ingrid22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Buy the Samsung Galaxy S III
Sign up for instant notification when the Samsung Galaxy S III goes on sale!
Samsung Galaxy S III

  The Samsung Galaxy S3 is the company's flagship device of 2012. As one of the most anticipated devices of the year, this device is the first to come with a Exynos 4 Quad processor. It also has Android 4.0, a 4.8-inch 720p Super AMOLED ... Read More

Tags
galaxys3, jellybean, lockscreen, problem, question, widgetlocker


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S3
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.