Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S3

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:09 AM  
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NEPAL
Gender: Male
Posts: 1
 
Device(s): samsung galaxy s3 , dell inspiron 4050
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default my GALAXY S3 not detected on PC

it did worked when i connected my s3 for the first time with out installing any softwares. it did installed some drivers itlesf i guess. but after few day my pc doesnt detects it. may be after i installed kies ??? i uninstalled kies and tried too. i downloaded latest driver from samsung site as well. all of my attempts were useless. help me

jhilke is offline  
sponsored links
Old January 9th, 2013, 01:56 PM  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 134
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3 Rooted (i747m), iPhone 4, iPhone 3G, iPad 2
Carrier: Rogers

Thanks: 9
Thanked 30 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Did you try a different USB jack, and not in a USB hub? Mine seems to work only in certain USB connector on my machine.
Jeepmaster is offline  
Old January 23rd, 2013, 05:30 AM  
New Member
 
Eldarwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have the same problem and my laptop makes a funny noise when I dock it, instead of dum dum it says dddduumdumdum and really soft. I tried all ports and The cable is active since it does charge my phone when plugged into laptop. my phone does need an update but it doesnt have enough space so it can't update..so maybe that is the solution...
Eldarwen is offline  
Old February 22nd, 2013, 10:50 PM  
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

plz let me know how do i sync galaxy s3 with my pc
bobbybules is offline  
Old February 24th, 2013, 02:16 PM  
New Member
 
Rootin4Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thumbs up Here's a solution.

I have spent considerable time on this. Finally this worked for me.

Note: For all the devs around, Kies does not work with USB Debugging enabled.

If you check and find that in your case its already disabled, do not be alarmed. In some cases the issue remains even when its disabled. Try this.

1. Unplug the USB cable from the Galaxy S3
2. On the Phone go to "Settings" > "Developer Options" > Enable "USB Debugging"
3. Connect the USB cable from the Galaxy S3 to the PC
4. The PC will install some drivers, wait for it.
5. When the drivers are installed, unplug the USB cable from the Galaxy S3
6. Go to "Settings" > "Developer options" > Disable "USB Debugging"
7. Connect the USB cable from the PC to the Galaxy S3
8. Run Kies.

Let me know how it goes. You can also reply back on Facebook - Rooting for Android page
Rootin4Android is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Rootin4Android For This Useful Post:
Jeepmaster (April 1st, 2013)
Old April 1st, 2013, 03:16 AM  
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Worked like charm! Thanks man!
aditya17 is offline  
Old June 14th, 2013, 04:04 AM  
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cry Kindly help

I am also facing same issue and I checked the suggested solution will not be fruitful to me as the option of Enabling USB Debugging is already checked on my device.
I'll appreciate if you could guide any other solution.

Regards
LaraR is offline  
Old June 16th, 2013, 09:03 AM  
Member
 
Theonesalmon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Gender: Male
Posts: 102
 
Device(s): Galaxy S 3 SGH-I747M Slimbean 4.3 nightlies
Carrier: Telus

Thanks: 15
Thanked 53 Times in 43 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraR View Post
I am also facing same issue and I checked the suggested solution will not be fruitful to me as the option of Enabling USB Debugging is already checked on my device.
I'll appreciate if you could guide any other solution.

Regards
I had the same problem, battery pull worked for me. I know, weird. Shot in the dark
Theonesalmon is offline  
Old June 26th, 2013, 06:55 AM  
Junior Member
 
MercilessLTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: KY, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 52
 
Device(s): SGS3, Galaxy Note, Infuse, Captivate
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 1
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MercilessLTD Send a message via Skype™ to MercilessLTD MercilessLTD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraR View Post
I am also facing same issue and I checked the suggested solution will not be fruitful to me as the option of Enabling USB Debugging is already checked on my device.
I'll appreciate if you could guide any other solution.

Regards
I'd make sure the cable and the port on your phone aren't the problem. Since micro USB has become a bit of a standard for charging, some USB cables are not viable for data transfer and only the power lines work. Also, sometimes the pins may not exactly line up between the phone and the cable and cause issues.
MercilessLTD is offline  
Old October 11th, 2013, 03:07 AM  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bangalore, India
Gender: Male
Posts: 252
 
Device(s): SGA GT-S5830 Galaxy Tab 2.7.0 GT-P3100 Galaxy SIII GT -I9300
Carrier: IT

Thanks: 19
Thanked 29 Times in 27 Posts
www.google.com
Default

Samsung Galaxy S3 Drivers | Drivers Download

I had the same problem

downloaded the driver from the above link and installed and the problem is solved.

tried the developer option as will but did't work for me...
__________________
Give me some MB's http://db.tt/IzxPvtOl
Samsung galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Running Stock Jelly Bean 4.1.2
Mackinon is offline  
sponsored links
Old October 11th, 2013, 12:45 PM  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 427
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 36 Times in 32 Posts
Default

Some times I have to reboot my computer to get it to notice my G3.
Galaxy Tab2 47 is offline  
Old October 11th, 2013, 06:58 PM  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 89
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Default

I've tried virtually everything to get my S3 to connect to my laptop and have not been successful. The funny thing is, it use to connect to my old laptop that ran Windows XP and had 2.0 USB ports (its motherboard fried a few weeks ago unfortunately). It didn't do it consistently, but after playing with it, I could eventually get it to connect as an MTP device (I never had Kies loaded on my old laptop). My new laptop is running Windows 8 and has 3.0 USB ports. I've used the most up to date driver and I've used the previous driver with no luck. I also can't get Kies to find it. It simply tries to connect, but never does. I know my laptop knows the S3 exists 'cause I can see it in my Device Manager. It even says the device is working properly. Still can get to it via Windows Explorer or Kies.

I'd like to root my phone, but can't if the laptop won't connect to it. This sucks...
nytmare is offline  
Old October 12th, 2013, 05:02 AM  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Merseyside, England
Gender: Male
Posts: 181
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Thanks: 12
Thanked 39 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytmare View Post
I've tried virtually everything to get my S3 to connect to my laptop and have not been successful. The funny thing is, it use to connect to my old laptop that ran Windows XP and had 2.0 USB ports (its motherboard fried a few weeks ago unfortunately). It didn't do it consistently, but after playing with it, I could eventually get it to connect as an MTP device (I never had Kies loaded on my old laptop). My new laptop is running Windows 8 and has 3.0 USB ports. I've used the most up to date driver and I've used the previous driver with no luck. I also can't get Kies to find it. It simply tries to connect, but never does. I know my laptop knows the S3 exists 'cause I can see it in my Device Manager. It even says the device is working properly. Still can get to it via Windows Explorer or Kies.

I'd like to root my phone, but can't if the laptop won't connect to it. This sucks...
Hi, I had the same problem, I used these drivers and every thing works ok now. Phil
http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php/10-drivers/40-asmedia
Download and install the top driver on the right Version 1.16.10.0
philayl is offline  
Last edited by philayl; October 12th, 2013 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Previous link not working
The Following User Says Thank You to philayl For This Useful Post:
nytmare (October 17th, 2013)
Old October 12th, 2013, 09:14 PM  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 89
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by philayl View Post
Hi, I had the same problem, I used these drivers and every thing works ok now. Phil
Station-Drivers - Asmedia
Download and install the top driver on the right Version 1.16.10.0
Thanks for the suggestion. Do I have to do anything with the file once it's extracted? I ask 'cause after I downloaded and extracted it, my S3 still isn't recognized by my laptop. I restarted as well, just in case and still can't connect.

Also, for anyone who may ask... I've tried three different types of micro USB data cables and none of them worked. I thought for sure that would have been it.
nytmare is offline  
Old October 13th, 2013, 05:01 AM  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Merseyside, England
Gender: Male
Posts: 181
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Thanks: 12
Thanked 39 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytmare View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. Do I have to do anything with the file once it's extracted? I ask 'cause after I downloaded and extracted it, my S3 still isn't recognized by my laptop. I restarted as well, just in case and still can't connect.

Also, for anyone who may ask... I've tried three different types of micro USB data cables and none of them worked. I thought for sure that would have been it.
Hi, I assume you opened the folder and installed the drivers, or go to "Control Panel", "Device Manager" scroll down to the USB ports, usually the first two are the 3.0 ones, right click, select "Properties" and then "Drivers", select "Update Drivers", then "Browse my computer for driver software", then use the Browse to point it to where you have unzipped the drivers to, I usually put them on the Desktop, they are easier to find. Phil
philayl is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to philayl For This Useful Post:
Arphilj (October 14th, 2013), nytmare (October 17th, 2013)
Old October 13th, 2013, 05:26 PM  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 89
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by philayl View Post
Hi, I assume you opened the folder and installed the drivers, or go to "Control Panel", "Device Manager" scroll down to the USB ports, usually the first two are the 3.0 ones, right click, select "Properties" and then "Drivers", select "Update Drivers", then "Browse my computer for driver software", then use the Browse to point it to where you have unzipped the drivers to, I usually put them on the Desktop, they are easier to find. Phil
Hmmm... I'm going to Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus Controllers > Generic USB Hub (that's what the first two are called). I right click on the first and there's an option to update the driver. I navigate to the folder where I saved the extracted file and it will only allow me to select the folder where I've saved it (it won't display the actual extracted .exe file). Thinking it'll find the file, I simply select the folder and select "Next". When I do that, I get a message indicating that my drivers are up to date and that no action is necessary. So, it doesn't seem as though Windows 8 will let me purposely update the driver using the file you pointed me to.

Thanks for the assistance (greatly appreciated), but this seems to be a never ending rabbit hole.
nytmare is offline  
Last edited by nytmare; October 13th, 2013 at 06:07 PM.
Old October 14th, 2013, 02:43 AM  
Member
 
nigsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Devon
Posts: 428
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy 3, Samsung Galaxy S
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 48
Thanked 137 Times in 100 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytmare View Post
Hmmm... I'm going to Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus Controllers > Generic USB Hub (that's what the first two are called). I right click on the first and there's an option to update the driver. I navigate to the folder where I saved the extracted file and it will only allow me to select the folder where I've saved it (it won't display the actual extracted .exe file). Thinking it'll find the file, I simply select the folder and select "Next". When I do that, I get a message indicating that my drivers are up to date and that no action is necessary. So, it doesn't seem as though Windows 8 will let me purposely update the driver using the file you pointed me to.

Thanks for the assistance (greatly appreciated), but this seems to be a never ending rabbit hole.
Try unistalling the existing drivers. Then install the new ones.
__________________
SGS - CyanAOSP 4.4 KitKat
SG3 - Temasek 4.4.2; Wolfson Kernel
nigsy is offline  
Old October 14th, 2013, 03:25 AM  
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Colombo
Gender: Male
Posts: 3
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I got same problem. The reason was i plugged external hard disk and some drivers missing required to galaxy. Go to device manage and check.

thanks
lasanthapw is offline  
Old October 14th, 2013, 04:06 AM  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Merseyside, England
Gender: Male
Posts: 181
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Thanks: 12
Thanked 39 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Hi, will get back to you when I am in front of my computer, can't remember the name of the USB ports off hand. Phil
philayl is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to philayl For This Useful Post:
nytmare (October 17th, 2013)
Old October 14th, 2013, 04:58 AM  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Merseyside, England
Gender: Male
Posts: 181
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Thanks: 12
Thanked 39 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Hi, the USB 3.0 ports should have a specific ID, such as XHCI, or should specifically state USB 3.0, can you post a screenshot of your device manager USB ports, do you have USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports? Is your motherboard Intel or AMD? Phil
philayl is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to philayl For This Useful Post:
nytmare (October 17th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old October 14th, 2013, 05:02 PM  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 89
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by philayl View Post
Hi, the USB 3.0 ports should have a specific ID, such as XHCI, or should specifically state USB 3.0, can you post a screenshot of your device manager USB ports, do you have USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports? Is your motherboard Intel or AMD? Phil
My motherboard's an Intel and I have two 3.0 USB ports (no 2.0 ports).

Here's a screenshot of my Device Manager (I hope it shows up):



Thanks...
nytmare is offline  
Old October 15th, 2013, 05:55 AM  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Merseyside, England
Gender: Male
Posts: 181
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Thanks: 12
Thanked 39 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Hi, check you have the latest Intel drivers first, if you go to the screen shot you posted using Control Panel, right click on the "Intel 7 Series xxxx USB Enhanced Controller" and select "Properties", click on the "Driver" heading and you will see the "Driver Version", it should be 1.0.9.254, if it isn't, follow this link and at the bottom of the page you will see the relevant download for them, https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3467&DwnldID=21129&P roductFamily=Software+Products&ProductLine=Chipset +Software&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+USB+3.0+eXten sible+Host+Controller+Driver&lang=eng
Download these and install them, then reboot your computer, go back to the screen shot using "Control Panel" and check that they have been updated. If not get back to me, sorry if this seems long winded, but it is so much more difficult if I am not in front of the problem computer. Phil
philayl is offline  
Last edited by philayl; October 15th, 2013 at 06:02 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to philayl For This Useful Post:
nytmare (October 17th, 2013)
Old October 15th, 2013, 09:48 AM  
Junior Member
 
Quoros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Florida
Gender: Male
Posts: 95
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S2 Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: BoostMobile

Thanks: 23
Thanked 36 Times in 19 Posts
Default

I found this on XDA and it worked like a charm. Copied from xda all credit goes to impact215

I fixed this by removing the Upperfilters setting in the following registry key (ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP OF THE REGISTRY BEFORE MAKING CHANGES):

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{EEC5AD98-8080-425F-922A-DABF3DE3F69A}

“Upperfilters” = klfltdrv

This key is related to Kaspersky AV USB filters (I think )

Make sure phone is unplugged. Also it worked for my S2.. Running Windows 7 32bit
Quoros is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Quoros For This Useful Post:
nytmare (October 17th, 2013)
Old October 15th, 2013, 07:00 PM  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 89
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by philayl View Post
Hi, check you have the latest Intel drivers first, if you go to the screen shot you posted using Control Panel, right click on the "Intel 7 Series xxxx USB Enhanced Controller" and select "Properties", click on the "Driver" heading and you will see the "Driver Version", it should be 1.0.9.254, if it isn't, follow this link and at the bottom of the page you will see the relevant download for them, https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3467&DwnldID=21129&P roductFamily=Software+Products&ProductLine=Chipset +Software&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+USB+3.0+eXten sible+Host+Controller+Driver&lang=eng
Download these and install them, then reboot your computer, go back to the screen shot using "Control Panel" and check that they have been updated. If not get back to me, sorry if this seems long winded, but it is so much more difficult if I am not in front of the problem computer. Phil
You're spending a lot of time and patience helping me out with this and I appreciate it. Ok... I checked the current Driver Version for my Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 USD Enhanced Controller and each one is 9.3.0.1011. I downloaded the drivers you recommended above and unzipped the file. I ran the setup.exe file and I get a message saying my computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements to run the software. Thoughts?
nytmare is offline  
Old October 15th, 2013, 07:08 PM  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 89
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoros View Post
I found this on XDA and it worked like a charm. Copied from xda all credit goes to impact215

I fixed this by removing the Upperfilters setting in the following registry key (ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP OF THE REGISTRY BEFORE MAKING CHANGES):

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{EEC5AD98-8080-425F-922A-DABF3DE3F69A}

“Upperfilters” = klfltdrv

This key is related to Kaspersky AV USB filters (I think )

Make sure phone is unplugged. Also it worked for my S2.. Running Windows 7 32bit
I saw this during some of my research, but am not sure it applies to my OS as I'm running Windows 8. I know that some of these translate from OS to OS though. Having said that, I can find the string you've listed above, however I have no Value Name of Upperfilters or Value Data of klfltdrv within it. Am I supposed to create them? Thanks for the help. I'm willing to try about anything at this point.
nytmare is offline  
Old October 16th, 2013, 05:12 AM  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Merseyside, England
Gender: Male
Posts: 181
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Thanks: 12
Thanked 39 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Hi again nytmare, o.k. round three! Follow the link and download the drivers to your desktop, extract them, again to the desktop. Navigate to the screenshot you posted, right click on the "Intel USB 3.0 eXTensible Host Controller", select "Properties", and check the driver version, if it numbered earlier than 1.0.9.254, click on update driver and select "Browse my computer for driver software" and point it to the folder you have unzipped, it should? load the new drivers, if it does reboot the computer. Phil
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3467&DwnldID=21129&P roductFamily=Software+Products&ProductLine=Chipset +Software&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+USB+3.0+eXten sible+Host+Controller+Driver&lang=eng
philayl is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to philayl For This Useful Post:
nytmare (October 17th, 2013)
Old October 17th, 2013, 07:05 PM  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 89
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by philayl View Post
Hi again nytmare, o.k. round three! Follow the link and download the drivers to your desktop, extract them, again to the desktop. Navigate to the screenshot you posted, right click on the "Intel USB 3.0 eXTensible Host Controller", select "Properties", and check the driver version, if it numbered earlier than 1.0.9.254, click on update driver and select "Browse my computer for driver software" and point it to the folder you have unzipped, it should? load the new drivers, if it does reboot the computer. Phil
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3467&DwnldID=21129&P roductFamily=Software+Products&ProductLine=Chipset +Software&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+USB+3.0+eXten sible+Host+Controller+Driver&lang=eng
Good evening philayl. I checked the driver version for "Intel USB 3.0 eXTensible Host Controller" and it's 6.2.9200.16656 (dated 6/28/2013). Looks like it's not earlier than 1.0.9.254?
nytmare is offline  
Old October 18th, 2013, 05:33 AM  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Merseyside, England
Gender: Male
Posts: 181
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Thanks: 12
Thanked 39 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytmare View Post
Good evening philayl. I checked the driver version for "Intel USB 3.0 eXTensible Host Controller" and it's 6.2.9200.16656 (dated 6/28/2013). Looks like it's not earlier than 1.0.9.254?
Hi nytmare, I'm afraid I have just about exhausted my meagre knowledge, if I can think of anything else I will re-post. Phil
philayl is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to philayl For This Useful Post:
nytmare (October 18th, 2013)
Old October 18th, 2013, 06:44 AM  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 89
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by philayl View Post
Hi nytmare, I'm afraid I have just about exhausted my meagre knowledge, if I can think of anything else I will re-post. Phil
Understood and I appreciate your efforts. I dunno what the problem is with damn thing. I still think this maybe a cable issue, but... I've tried the original cable (which worked intermitantly with my previous laptop), a data cable from one of my cameras that still works with it just fine (and on my new laptop BTW), and I recently purchased a Monster micro usb data cable from BestBuy and it's not working either. Don't know what I'm gonna do.

I wonder if I can do what I want (easily transfer files back and forth btwn my phone and laptop) with AirDroid or ES File Explorer File Manager and just not worry about the cable issue? I'll have to research, but I also wonder if it's possible to root a phone with either of those apps (vice being tethered to a laptop).

Another thought... I might dig out my desktop and see if I can get a connection with it. It's running Windows XP and has a bunch of 2.0 USB ports. Hmmm...
nytmare is offline  
Old December 28th, 2013, 12:31 PM  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 89
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Default

I hate breathing life into an old thread, but I'm still not able to get my laptop to recognize my s3 in Windows Explorer. However, I've still not given up.

Here's a new development... Since updating to 4.3, I've noticed something on my lockscreen that I've not seen before. There was a scrolling message just above my pattern lock that reads, "unlock your device to use as a media device". This scrolling message only presents itself when I have my S3 connected via USB. I can't find anything on the net about that specific message (but still searching). What does/could that mean in our efforts to get our Windows 8 PCs to see our phones in Window Explorer? BTW, I don't recall seeing that message prior to updating to 4.3. Thanks.
nytmare is offline  
sponsored links
 

Buy the Samsung Galaxy S III
Sign up for instant notification when the Samsung Galaxy S III goes on sale!
Samsung Galaxy S III

  The Samsung Galaxy S3 is the company's flagship device of 2012. As one of the most anticipated devices of the year, this device is the first to come with a Exynos 4 Quad processor. It also has Android 4.0, a 4.8-inch 720p Super AMOLED ... Read More

Tags
galaxy s3, siii, usb not working

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S3
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.