March 31st, 2013, 02:06 AM
Join Date: May 2012
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
go step by step.
1. reset wifi router to factory defaults. meaning factory SSID, no password, no encryption.
2. connect the S3 to wifi router.
3. if ok, change wifi router to your SSID.
4. connect the S3 to it.
5. if ok, turn on encryption (highest possible, like WPA2) and give it a key. if not ok, check and make sure CASE is not an issue. if still not ok, go back to step 1.
6. connect the S3 to it.
7. if ok, finish entering other settings on wifi router.
8. if not ok, sure S3 has proper encryption setting? try using a short key like "aaaaa". something easy to type and not screw up. goto step 5.
9. if not ok, remove encryption from router and go back to step 2.
10, if still not ok, try using the LOWEST encryption as a test, WEP. you just wanna make sure you can connect using SOME FORM of encryption...