Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S4

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By fam
  • 1 Post By Atma

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 29th, 2013, 01:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Initial Problems with S4 (List)

So - I am beginning to get annoyed already with my s4 in comparison to my iphone I swapped.

1. The copy/paste is difficult and doesn't work when i try to bring up paste in different forms or windows (whether its reddit or other sites with forms to post in).
2. When posting a video to my facebook status, it doesn't update the url to the popup video, which makes it look sloppier.
3. When going to an area of my job that has low internet access, the phone says no network - then when i go back to my desk which should have it, it has trouble getting it back, forcing me to restart.
4. It doesn't work in my car - the same usb plug into my digital media receiver that my iphone worked in.
5. Its filled with these ridiculous samsung and at&t apps that you can't get rid of, only disable.
6. Without a good music player for PC that it works with, I don't have the luxury of having my album photos uploaded for me or my music organized in general.


I think I should just go back and get my iphone 5 instead where i never had these problems.

DevanG316 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 29th, 2013, 01:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
BlackFire27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 44
 
Device(s): HTC DROID Incredible CM7 7.2.0, HTC Glacier CM7 7.2.0, Motorola XPRT Boost Version
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 11 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Cyanogenmod.
__________________
I liek donations! Donate!
BlackFire27 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 02:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Not Entitled
 
RichSz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Between Imladris and Lothlórien
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,085
 
Device(s): Nexus 5(u,r), N7.2-32(u,r), Nook Color, iPad2, Asus EEE Transformer w/ dock (stock)
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,638
Thanked 1,316 Times in 556 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevanG316 View Post
So - I am beginning to get annoyed already with my s4 in comparison to my iphone I swapped.

1. The copy/paste is difficult and doesn't work when i try to bring up paste in different forms or windows (whether its reddit or other sites with forms to post in).
2. When posting a video to my facebook status, it doesn't update the url to the popup video, which makes it look sloppier.
3. When going to an area of my job that has low internet access, the phone says no network - then when i go back to my desk which should have it, it has trouble getting it back, forcing me to restart.
4. It doesn't work in my car - the same usb plug into my digital media receiver that my iphone worked in.
5. Its filled with these ridiculous samsung and at&t apps that you can't get rid of, only disable.
6. Without a good music player for PC that it works with, I don't have the luxury of having my album photos uploaded for me or my music organized in general.


I think I should just go back and get my iphone 5 instead where i never had these problems.
Now that we have "Say a random word" out of the way, let's see if we can help.

First off, welcome to AndroidForums!

There are going to be settling in problems whenever one changes ecosystems and whether you stick with one or the other is up to each individual.

1) I'm not sure how copy/paste isn't working for you. If you hold on a word the handles come up. Once something is selected you should get the cut/copy/paste icons. Long-pressing on an edit box should get you a paste button. Are these things not happening?

2) I can't help with 2.

3) My building has spotty internet service but I haven't experienced what you describe. I'm afraid I'm not much help there either.

4) This one is odd. I can use the same USB cable everywhere. If you're talking about the cable transmitting data rather than just power, I found not all cars are Android friendly. I've just gone to using Bluetooth. Is that a possibility for you?

5) I couldn't agree more. The bloat stinks.

6) I'm not sure what you're looking for in a music player. Something on the phone? Try PowerAmp. I use it and love it. WinAmp is another.

Android may not be for you but I give you a lot of credit for trying. Not everybody has the courage to take on something new.
__________________
Rich


Apple tells people what they want, Microsoft asks what people want, Google gives people what they want (for 15 minutes).


Site Rules, for your convenience
RichSz is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RichSz For This Useful Post:
epphllps (May 30th, 2013)
Old May 29th, 2013, 02:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 451
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 37
Thanked 89 Times in 45 Posts
Default

I'm also coming from an iPhone 5 to the GS4 on Verizon. I'm the type of person that likes to switch back and forth between iOS and Android, and this year it's Android. However, I am not very satisfied with the GS4 and I will probably be returning it and going back to the iPhone 5 until another Android device comes out on Verizon some time this summer (HTC One, new Moto phone?).

I really have only one main gripe... but it's a biggie (for me anyway). I really can't stand the lag and stuttering that is occurring all over the place on this phone. I really can't believe how much they screwed up the software since a phone with these hardware specs should be smooth and buttery.

Specifically, just about any app I open has stuttering when I scroll. Facebook, for example, stutters like crazy when scrolling the news feed. Seesmic (my favorite Twitter client) feels like it scrolls at a very small framerate (I can literally see the judder as it scrolls). Even the web browser is not smooth when scrolling. I don't remember the GS3 being this bad last year, so perhaps it's the 1080p resolution that is causing it???

Aside from that, I'm getting about 1 or 2 hard locks per day where I have to remove the battery and reboot. This has happened on other Android phones I've owned, so I know it's par for the course with Android, but it does get annoying.

Unfortunately, I am no longer enamored by my iPhone 5. Though the hardware obvious has good industrial design, I am just no longer satisfied by a small screen. The GS4 screen is amazing (except outdoors in sunlight). I get increasingly frustrated trying to tap on things on my iPhone screen when the icons and interactive elements are so small (those tiny X's are very annoying).

But so far this year, Verizon has been horrible at releasing new phones. AT&T has gotten every major phone that's been released, while Verizon has gotten the GS4. I'm not switching (especially since I still have an unlimited data plan), but I sure hope there are more offerings this summer.

Probably going to bite the bullet and return my GS4...

EDIT: And yes, I have tried most of the tweaks to fix the lag/stuttering. I have not rooted or installed a custom rom yet, but I really wanted to avoid that since we're able to get tethering without rooting. I have disabled just about every Verizon and Samsung app that has the option available, and this has not helped. I've turned off the screen animations and that makes it seems faster opening windows and such, but does not fix the horrible stuttering when scrolling everywhere. Turned off all of the S-Apps too. Bummer.
Travisimo is offline  
Last edited by Travisimo; May 29th, 2013 at 02:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 03:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
fam
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Sylvania, OH
Posts: 287
 
Device(s): Verizon S4 Note 10.1 Fire HD Your mom
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 13
Thanked 61 Times in 41 Posts
Default

no lag or stuttering at all...then again... I hated what samsung did to the interface the first thing I did was install ADW Launcher EX (a complete home replacement thats fully customizable to whatever you can imagine wanting the home screen to look and act like)


and aside from a great camera app where I can say "say cheese" or "shoot" to take a photo in those awkward positions I am in to sometimes take shots, I'd rather have the pure android experience...and I will as soon as the bootloader is hacked and the custom stock roms come out.
RichSz likes this.
fam is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 03:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Atma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Carolina
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,070
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S2; Nexus 10
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 3,427
Thanked 2,901 Times in 1,850 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisimo View Post
Aside from that, I'm getting about 1 or 2 hard locks per day where I have to remove the battery and reboot. This has happened on other Android phones I've owned, so I know it's par for the course with Android, but it does get annoying.

That is definitely not normal. I would recommend a factory reset and I think that problem would clear up. If not, you should use your warranty and get it replaced. That is not something that's par for the course and you shouldn't have to deal with it every day.
RichSz likes this.
__________________
Helpful FAQ's, Site Rules/Guidelines
Atma is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 03:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 446
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 27
Thanked 191 Times in 150 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisimo View Post
I'm also coming from an iPhone 5 to the GS4 on Verizon. I'm the type of person that likes to switch back and forth between iOS and Android, and this year it's Android. However, I am not very satisfied with the GS4 and I will probably be returning it and going back to the iPhone 5 until another Android device comes out on Verizon some time this summer (HTC One, new Moto phone?).

I really have only one main gripe... but it's a biggie (for me anyway). I really can't stand the lag and stuttering that is occurring all over the place on this phone. I really can't believe how much they screwed up the software since a phone with these hardware specs should be smooth and buttery.

Specifically, just about any app I open has stuttering when I scroll. Facebook, for example, stutters like crazy when scrolling the news feed. Seesmic (my favorite Twitter client) feels like it scrolls at a very small framerate (I can literally see the judder as it scrolls). Even the web browser is not smooth when scrolling. I don't remember the GS3 being this bad last year, so perhaps it's the 1080p resolution that is causing it???

Aside from that, I'm getting about 1 or 2 hard locks per day where I have to remove the battery and reboot. This has happened on other Android phones I've owned, so I know it's par for the course with Android, but it does get annoying.

Unfortunately, I am no longer enamored by my iPhone 5. Though the hardware obvious has good industrial design, I am just no longer satisfied by a small screen. The GS4 screen is amazing (except outdoors in sunlight). I get increasingly frustrated trying to tap on things on my iPhone screen when the icons and interactive elements are so small (those tiny X's are very annoying).

But so far this year, Verizon has been horrible at releasing new phones. AT&T has gotten every major phone that's been released, while Verizon has gotten the GS4. I'm not switching (especially since I still have an unlimited data plan), but I sure hope there are more offerings this summer.

Probably going to bite the bullet and return my GS4...

EDIT: And yes, I have tried most of the tweaks to fix the lag/stuttering. I have not rooted or installed a custom rom yet, but I really wanted to avoid that since we're able to get tethering without rooting. I have disabled just about every Verizon and Samsung app that has the option available, and this has not helped. I've turned off the screen animations and that makes it seems faster opening windows and such, but does not fix the horrible stuttering when scrolling everywhere. Turned off all of the S-Apps too. Bummer.
Ive not got the S4 but last year when the S3 was released it also had lag problems and a massive redraw every time you went to the home screen but Samsung released updates quickly and sharply which solved most of these in no time.
Yatezy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 03:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Not Entitled
 
RichSz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Between Imladris and Lothlórien
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,085
 
Device(s): Nexus 5(u,r), N7.2-32(u,r), Nook Color, iPad2, Asus EEE Transformer w/ dock (stock)
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,638
Thanked 1,316 Times in 556 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atma View Post
That is definitely not normal. I would recommend a factory reset and I think that problem would clear up. If not, you should use your warranty and get it replaced. That is not something that's par for the course and you shouldn't have to deal with it every day.
I agree wholeheartedly with Atma, if you have to reboot frequently, the phone is having a problem. Return it, it shouldn't do that.

I think Fam is on to something with the replacement launcher. I've got no lag but the first thing I did was install Nova Launcher. Maybe it's leaner than TouchWiz and therefore has less lag.
RichSz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 07:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 451
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 37
Thanked 89 Times in 45 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichSz View Post
I agree wholeheartedly with Atma, if you have to reboot frequently, the phone is having a problem. Return it, it shouldn't do that.

I think Fam is on to something with the replacement launcher. I've got no lag but the first thing I did was install Nova Launcher. Maybe it's leaner than TouchWiz and therefore has less lag.
I have been using Nova Launcher as well. I'm not experiencing lag with the launcher itself. For example, swiping from one homescreen to the next is lag-free. Opening apps is also very quick, as is opening the App Drawer. My issue is specifically the stuttering when scrolling in most of the apps I'm using.

The hard locks I've gotten have happened mostly when opening the camera and/or gallery. The one that happened today locked up as soon as I opened the camera. In fact, the camera continued to work... it even continued to focus on whatever I pointed it at. But nothing else worked... could not touch any of the interface buttons nor could I hit the home button to exit the camera app. Tried holding down the power button to no avail. Only removing the battery and rebooting fixed it. Like I said, it's happening about once per day, but I've been using the phone extensively. I will definitely try the factory reset if it continues. Using Nova also gives me the option of backing up the home screens, so it should be fairly quick and painless process to reset and restore, right (aside from re-downloading and updating my apps)?
Travisimo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 10:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 46
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevanG316 View Post


I think I should just go back and get my iphone 5 instead where i never had these problems.
Probably a good idea.
Turbodc2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 29th, 2013, 10:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
shmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: WA State
Posts: 426
 
Device(s): Sprint HTC EVO 4G, Sprint Galaxy S4
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 131
Thanked 108 Times in 76 Posts
Default

The iPhone does a much better job of integrating the hardware and all the software. I've used iPhones but have only owned Android phones. But it's easy to tell that Apple has made the iPhone experience much more streamlined. They control all aspects of the phone. While in the Android world, we have to deal with the hardware builders who then modify Google's OS and then the cellphone companies add in their own crap. And when there is a problem, a lot of finger pointing goes on. The software on Android can be frustrating to use (I know...I've been using it for a couple of years now).

I know this is an Android forum and a lot of the fan boys don't like to hear anything positive about Apple...but they do a lot of things right (or at least they used to under Steve Jobs). But there are many things I prefer about Android which is why I use it. I actually steer many novice users to the iPhone because it's easier to use and learn with less headaches...which is not to say it's only for novice users.

Bottom line, if you liked the iPhone and you are missing it now, go back. No harm, no foul.
shmn is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shmn For This Useful Post:
RichSz (May 30th, 2013)
Old May 30th, 2013, 07:38 AM   #12 (permalink)
Not Entitled
 
RichSz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Between Imladris and Lothlórien
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,085
 
Device(s): Nexus 5(u,r), N7.2-32(u,r), Nook Color, iPad2, Asus EEE Transformer w/ dock (stock)
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,638
Thanked 1,316 Times in 556 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisimo View Post
Using Nova also gives me the option of backing up the home screens, so it should be fairly quick and painless process to reset and restore, right (aside from re-downloading and updating my apps)?
It will be quicker and less painful to do a factory reset with Nova but it still stinks. It's still better than having a phone which locks up once a day. I hope that fixes your problem. If not, return it!!
RichSz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2013, 09:35 AM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Szadzik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,413
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4 Galaxy Note 10.1 Nexus 7 2013 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 208
Thanked 729 Times in 616 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevanG316 View Post
3. When going to an area of my job that has low internet access, the phone says no network - then when i go back to my desk which should have it, it has trouble getting it back, forcing me to restart.


I think I should just go back and get my iphone 5 instead where i never had these problems.
You set it up to 3G/4G ONLY, so when you go to 2G only area, it of course does not work. Set it to auto mode.

Get the anual and read through it.
__________________
OT MaxDB, CD1, CD5, J5, GD96, ME45, T68i, X6, CX65, A925, E398, MPx200, X6-2, OT715, D600E, W810, M600i, BB8100, W880, N95-2, P1i, Ignito, W880, X1, MS1, MS2, TP851, XT910, GTab 10.1, SGS3, SGS4, SGNote 10.1, Nexus 7 II
Szadzik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2013, 10:04 AM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: DFW
Gender: Male
Posts: 49
 
Device(s): Just about all of the AT&T phones.
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 3
Thanked 37 Times in 15 Posts
Default

I tried to use it and I just could not deal with the stuttering. Nova fixes the launcher stutters but it does nothing to the rest of the apps.

Game playing is almost impossible as the screen freezes for a split second every so often.

It refuses to stay connected to my car and I have to reconnect (go to BT settings. find the car, hit connect etc) every time I turn the car off. The GS3 had the same issue though.

The memory is always around 80% full and it takes just moments to get there after cleaning the apps/memory.

There are a few other things as well but after trying and trying, I just cannot do it.

It feels like a beta phone.

The HTC One and the big 5.5 inch LG Optimus are the exact opposite. They freaking fly and they are buttery smooth.
SLRdude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2013, 10:15 AM   #15 (permalink)
fam
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Sylvania, OH
Posts: 287
 
Device(s): Verizon S4 Note 10.1 Fire HD Your mom
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 13
Thanked 61 Times in 41 Posts
Default

seems like you got a bad phone, factory reset it and try again...if that doesnt work...return it for a replacement phone...and if youre still somehow oddly getting that issue just try something else.

Sorry about your problems and here's to hoping they are isolated.
fam is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2013, 10:16 AM   #16 (permalink)
Not Entitled
 
RichSz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Between Imladris and Lothlórien
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,085
 
Device(s): Nexus 5(u,r), N7.2-32(u,r), Nook Color, iPad2, Asus EEE Transformer w/ dock (stock)
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,638
Thanked 1,316 Times in 556 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLRdude View Post
The memory is always around 80% full and it takes just moments to get there after cleaning the apps/memory.
You have some legitimate and unfortunate issues with your phone. The amount of free memory isn't one of them however. Too much or too little free memory isn't really a problem. Android does an excellent job of managing memory and trying to predict what should or shouldn't be in memory can drive you nuts. If you're trying to manage your phone's memory you may be causing your own problems. I said "if", it's not an accusation.

My suggestion would be to let Android do what it does and don't pay attention to what it loads. Let it work.
RichSz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2013, 11:42 AM   #17 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 18
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

There is a major issue withe the S 4 bluetooth. Hence, the reason mine was returned. I have discovered, after the ICS update, the Bluetooth radio does not like to play well with media (music) If my bluetooth was paired to my vehicle and the aux was plugged into my S 4 for music, callers nor I could hear each other. If you unplugged the Aux for music, and reconnect bluetooth, it would work as normal. Sprint tech support and Samsung are aware of this issue. All Samsung offered to me was, "it was being addressed and hopefully a future OTA update would correct this issue". I asked, when such update might be, and I was told, "hopefully, sometime this summer".

I also discovered this is happening to the S 3's that have upgraded software...

I returned my S4 and have decided to wait and see if it gets corrected, and/or check out the summer release of other android phones..
lsmith9523 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2013, 12:00 PM   #18 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: DFW
Gender: Male
Posts: 49
 
Device(s): Just about all of the AT&T phones.
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 3
Thanked 37 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fam View Post
seems like you got a bad phone, factory reset it and try again...if that doesnt work...return it for a replacement phone...and if youre still somehow oddly getting that issue just try something else.

Sorry about your problems and here's to hoping they are isolated.
I have three of them and they all behave the same way.

Just to single out a couple of games that do not play well: Riptide and Temple Run.
They freeze frame every so often, about every 30..40 seconds or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichSz View Post
You have some legitimate and unfortunate issues with your phone. The amount of free memory isn't one of them however. Too much or too little free memory isn't really a problem. Android does an excellent job of managing memory and trying to predict what should or shouldn't be in memory can drive you nuts. If you're trying to manage your phone's memory you may be causing your own problems. I said "if", it's not an accusation.

My suggestion would be to let Android do what it does and don't pay attention to what it loads. Let it work.
I tried that too and I did not see a change, for better or worse. Games still do not play right and the phone still isn't smooth like the One or the big LG Pro.

Thank you guys for weighing in and offering some possible solutions.
SLRdude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2013, 12:38 PM   #19 (permalink)
fam
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Sylvania, OH
Posts: 287
 
Device(s): Verizon S4 Note 10.1 Fire HD Your mom
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 13
Thanked 61 Times in 41 Posts
Default

i loaded up temple run 2 free and played it for a couple minutes two different times to see about your mini freezes. Fluid game...looks like a solid 60fps , no issues...I mean it did micro second stutter maybe twice but we are talking like 50-100ms and doesnt even interrupt the pace whatsoever and I think it only does that when maybe its loading something in the distance...literally if you blinked it would be twice as slow as the "stutter" is that what youre talking about? Our phones are the same quad core version...and this is with power saving enabled.
fam is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2013, 02:20 PM   #20 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 53
 
Device(s): Me - SGS4, Xoom FE Wife - LTEvo, Nexus 7
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 7
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Default

I'm not a gamer, but I was interested because a buddy had me try Subway Surf recently. I noticed you said you saw some jittering with TR2. I just downloaded and ran that and I don't see any jitters. I DO see some with Subway Surf though. It is a similar style game where any hiccup can kill your "guy". There seems to be some pretty fair lag on mine playing Subway Surf. I'd say once per round, it seems to hiccup.
Anyone else have that installed and playing?
dlphnfn is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 30th, 2013, 07:34 PM   #21 (permalink)
fam
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Sylvania, OH
Posts: 287
 
Device(s): Verizon S4 Note 10.1 Fire HD Your mom
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 13
Thanked 61 Times in 41 Posts
Default

OK I did some video testing today and aside from some very BAD image stabilization screw ups (really bad worse than youtube's) there are a few little stutters...check it out

Samsung Galaxy S4 1080p video test with image stabilization - YouTube
fam is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2013, 07:42 PM   #22 (permalink)
R=G
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 49
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Is it just me or is the scrolling on the web pages for Internet explorer kind of sluggish and choppy? I haven't played with Chrome all that much.
R=G is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2013, 09:11 PM   #23 (permalink)
New Member
 
tnowicki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I installed TR2 and Subway Surfer and played both for about an hour, and the only problems I've had is banging into stuff and running off cliffs. Both totally my fault, and not a problem with the phone. I haven't seen any stuttering or problems at all. Now I do see some stuttering at times opening apps but I have all the animations on. When I turn them off it works nice and fast. And as for lockups, I haven't had any since I got the phone on Thursday, and I've been using it a lot!
tnowicki is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Samsung Galaxy S4
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The all-new Samsung Galaxy S4 is all but guaranteed to be the next top-selling device. The new device is dubbed the "Life Companion" due to its intuitive features. The Galaxy S4 sports a 5-inch 1080p Super AMOLED display, an awesome 13 MP... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S4
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.