June 11th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Jun 2013
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Intermittent "No Service" regardless of signal strength
I've just purchased my new S4 and all was OK for the first day. Since then, my Service state has been fluctuating between being fine and NO SERVICE (with the associated 'no-entry' sign in the top notification area).
This occurs about every 30 seconds or so (but not with an exact frequency of 30 secs), alternating between full service (all bars) and no service
- I can make and receive calls when the service is fine, but get cut off when the service drops
- This is NOT location specific...it happens regardless of where I am and what the signal strength is.
- I have swopped in a different (working) SIM and the same issue is still present
- I've tried enabling/disabling flight mode, Wifi, NFC, Mobile data etc.
- I've tried a Hard reset (reset to factory settings)
- I've ensured that Auto Software Update is turned on and confirmed that I'm on the latest version
I've been to my carrier (Cell-C in South Africa), and they want to send it off to Samsung to be "repaired" as it's still within some 7-day period -- i.e. they have no idea what the issue is.
Has anyone got any suggestions or seen the same thing? I've scoured the web, and can't see many similar threads -- have I got a Lemon?
Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 (32gig)