Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S4

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 11th, 2013, 05:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Hampshire,UK
Gender: Male
Posts: 20
 
Device(s): Samsung S4
Carrier: 3

Thanks: 7
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry REF Sim002 - Tethering

Im now getting a message of Error REF SIM002.. and goes on to say that that tethering isnt allowed on my plan. when i try to use utorrent or bittorrent to download files over the 3 Network.. it hasnt always done this which has me confused.
Im not tethering and its annoying me now.. when ispoke to three their brainwave was to reset the phone which im pretty sure is just not going to work

Im on 3uk and using unrooted device..

tphillips84 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 11th, 2013, 05:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Lancashire, UK
Gender: Female
Posts: 70
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Thanks: 46
Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tphillips84 View Post
Im now getting a message of Error REF SIM002.. and goes on to say that that tethering isnt allowed on my plan. when i try to use utorrent or bittorrent to download files over the 3 Network.. it hasnt always done this which has me confused.
Im not tethering and its annoying me now.. when ispoke to three their brainwave was to reset the phone which im pretty sure is just not going to work

Im on 3uk and using unrooted device..
Doubt a reset will do anything for you, as the network is reporting back to your phone that you are not allowed to tether...don't know why this would be classed as tethering though?? But basically, they need to add tethering back on for you
nuttynat84 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2013, 05:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Hampshire,UK
Gender: Male
Posts: 20
 
Device(s): Samsung S4
Carrier: 3

Thanks: 7
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttynat84 View Post
Doubt a reset will do anything for you, as the network is reporting back to your phone that you are not allowed to tether...don't know why this would be classed as tethering though?? But basically, they need to add tethering back on for you
Tethering isnt allowed on my priceplan as its a bolt on so i dont have it anyway..
tphillips84 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2013, 08:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Lancashire, UK
Gender: Female
Posts: 70
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Thanks: 46
Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tphillips84 View Post
Tethering isnt allowed on my priceplan as its a bolt on so i dont have it anyway..
That's odd then...for whatever reason it seems to think you are tethering when you aren't...does this happen in other browsers?
nuttynat84 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2013, 09:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Hampshire,UK
Gender: Male
Posts: 20
 
Device(s): Samsung S4
Carrier: 3

Thanks: 7
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

it happens only when im not connected to wifi.. the torrent wont download and then if i try to you browsers it desplays that message ref tethering and i have to restart it to be able to browse and clear the notice.. its the same with all my browsers and all my bittorrent clients. I spoke to three again and he tried a new apn and that didnt work and then i got left they will have their tech department look into it
tphillips84 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2013, 09:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Lancashire, UK
Gender: Female
Posts: 70
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

Thanks: 46
Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tphillips84 View Post
it happens only when im not connected to wifi.. the torrent wont download and then if i try to you browsers it desplays that message ref tethering and i have to restart it to be able to browse and clear the notice.. its the same with all my browsers and all my bittorrent clients. I spoke to three again and he tried a new apn and that didnt work and then i got left they will have their tech department look into it
Really odd...hope they sort it out for you
nuttynat84 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2013, 10:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Atma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: North Carolina
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,070
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S2; Nexus 10
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 3,427
Thanked 2,901 Times in 1,850 Posts
Default

Try resetting the phone. When I first got mine, after a few days it started using all data as hotspot data and I hadn't used hotspot at all. A factory reset fixed it.
__________________
Helpful FAQ's, Site Rules/Guidelines
Atma is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2013, 10:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Me and my brother having exact same problem. We have both tethered this month tho which we aint allowed but this just happened yesterday
lisaloo1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2013, 01:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Hampshire,UK
Gender: Male
Posts: 20
 
Device(s): Samsung S4
Carrier: 3

Thanks: 7
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Hopefull Fix

After a trip to Carphone Warehouse and a somewhat helpful guy and then another phonecall from 3 tech support their explanantion is that because bittorrent clients act in the same way as the pc counterparts the network finds it hard to differentiate between the two so it then thinks that your tethering and you get the problem im having.. they have said the issue will be resolved in next few days once they have placed something on my account.. so to those that maybe have tethered you possibly may be able to get it back by claiming the use of a bittorrent client.
tphillips84 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2014, 05:09 AM   #10 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I am still getting this issue so they haven't fixed it.

On my Galaxy Nexus I get this when I try to tether even though I pay 5 a month for tethering.

When I stick my sim in a Chinese android phone it works fine(a little too well actually)...
cjgroveuk is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 10th, 2014, 10:04 AM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Hampshire,UK
Gender: Male
Posts: 20
 
Device(s): Samsung S4
Carrier: 3

Thanks: 7
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjgroveuk View Post
I am still getting this issue so they haven't fixed it.

On my Galaxy Nexus I get this when I try to tether even though I pay 5 a month for tethering.

When I stick my sim in a Chinese android phone it works fine(a little too well actually)...
keep ringing them up.. it happened 3 times before it was finally sorted for good. Then complain.. i got half price line rental for 3 months for my issues
tphillips84 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Samsung Galaxy S4
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The all-new Samsung Galaxy S4 is all but guaranteed to be the next top-selling device. The new device is dubbed the "Life Companion" due to its intuitive features. The Galaxy S4 sports a 5-inch 1080p Super AMOLED display, an awesome 13 MP... Read More

Tags
tethering, threeuk, utorrent


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S4
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.