Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S4

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 29th, 2013, 02:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question A few noob Galaxy questions

I've recently switched from a Galaxy Nexus to an S4 after a couple of years. I really like the S4, but I have a couple of nitpicks and questions, and was wondering if anyone could help out.

First, the bottom buttons annoy me since my Nexus and Nexus 7 are the exact opposite. Is there any way, mod or otherwise, to switch the back and menu buttons?

Is there any way to make the number pad use a normal number tone instead of the water drop noise?

TouchWiz was ok, but it was too restrictive with how I normally use my phone. I switched to Nova Launcher and infinitely prefer it. Does anyone know if the CM10.2 is going to be using the standard Nexus layout? If so, will that fix the above problem as well?

Every time I want to connect my headset, it pops up in the middle of the screen saying paired, and I have to touch it to connect. Is there a way for it to just connect automatically every time?

The boot screens are a little much for me, and the Rom Toolbox said it flashed a new one, but it never happened. Is there a special way this needs to be done?

Thanks in advance for your help everyone!

greycobalt is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 29th, 2013, 04:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 240
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4, Nexus 7
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 26
Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greycobalt View Post
Every time I want to connect my headset, it pops up in the middle of the screen saying paired, and I have to touch it to connect. Is there a way for it to just connect automatically every time?
I can answer this one. You actually don't have to touch it to connect. Just ignore the pop-up screen and activate the headset -- it'll connect.
Adara is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2013, 08:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,753
 
Device(s): Samsung GS 4, Motorola Backflip; Motorola Atrix 4G and Lapdock
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 56
Thanked 247 Times in 226 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greycobalt;[URL="tel:6103226"
6103226[/URL]]I've recently switched from a Galaxy Nexus to an S4 after a couple of years. I really like the S4, but I have a couple of nitpicks and questions, and was wondering if anyone could help out.

First, the bottom buttons annoy me since my Nexus and Nexus 7 are the exact opposite. Is there any way, mod or otherwise, to switch the back and menu buttons?

Is there any way to make the number pad use a normal number tone instead of the water drop noise?

TouchWiz was ok, but it was too restrictive with how I normally use my phone. I switched to Nova Launcher and infinitely prefer it. Does anyone know if the CM10.2 is going to be using the standard Nexus layout? If so, will that fix the above problem as well?

Every time I want to connect my headset, it pops up in the middle of the screen saying paired, and I have to touch it to connect. Is there a way for it to just connect automatically every time?

The boot screens are a little much for me, and the Rom Toolbox said it flashed a new one, but it never happened. Is there a special way this needs to be done?

Thanks in advance for your help everyone!
1) No way to which the buttons around.

2) Not from what I'm aware. (I hate the water drop sound too.)

3) Not sure about this question.

4) I have this same issue with my 2 yrs old Plantronics bluetooth. I have to give it permission to connect every time. This is not a Samsung thing though. I have a newer set of Logitech bluetooth headphones and iHome bluetooth speaker that connects rightaway.

5) Not sure about this one.
itsallgood is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2013, 08:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,753
 
Device(s): Samsung GS 4, Motorola Backflip; Motorola Atrix 4G and Lapdock
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 56
Thanked 247 Times in 226 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greycobalt;[URL="tel:6103226"
6103226[/URL]]I've recently switched from a Galaxy Nexus to an S4 after a couple of years. I really like the S4, but I have a couple of nitpicks and questions, and was wondering if anyone could help out.

First, the bottom buttons annoy me since my Nexus and Nexus 7 are the exact opposite. Is there any way, mod or otherwise, to switch the back and menu buttons?

Is there any way to make the number pad use a normal number tone instead of the water drop noise?

TouchWiz was ok, but it was too restrictive with how I normally use my phone. I switched to Nova Launcher and infinitely prefer it. Does anyone know if the CM10.2 is going to be using the standard Nexus layout? If so, will that fix the above problem as well?

Every time I want to connect my headset, it pops up in the middle of the screen saying paired, and I have to touch it to connect. Is there a way for it to just connect automatically every time?

The boot screens are a little much for me, and the Rom Toolbox said it flashed a new one, but it never happened. Is there a special way this needs to be done?

Thanks in advance for your help everyone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adara;[URL="tel:6103499"
6103499[/URL]]I can answer this one. You actually don't have to touch it to connect. Just ignore the pop-up screen and activate the headset -- it'll connect.
Tried it and this didn't work.
itsallgood is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2013, 08:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 240
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4, Nexus 7
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 26
Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Poop.

I guess it does depend on the headset manufacturer. I know that with mine (a motorola, from some years ago), I got the pop-up and thought I needed to select it in order for it to connect, but ultimately discovered this was not, in fact, the case.
Adara is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Samsung Galaxy S4
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The all-new Samsung Galaxy S4 is all but guaranteed to be the next top-selling device. The new device is dubbed the "Life Companion" due to its intuitive features. The Galaxy S4 sports a 5-inch 1080p Super AMOLED display, an awesome 13 MP... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S4
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:18 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.