March 19th, 2014, 11:52 PM
Join Date: Aug 2010
Device(s): Samsung S4
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Here is what fixed ours
We have a 2013 Subaru Outback with Navigation and we have had the same issues with our Samsung S4's. Our bluetooth share would keep disconnecting and then connecting again. I found this online in a Subaru forum and I tried it this morning and it has not dropped all day long. Previously bluetooth share would stop at least 7-10 times on my way to work. This was originally written for a Subaru XV and the order of message/contacts acceptance for the Outback is a little different.
1.Unpair your phone with your Subaru in Bluetooth settings. Go to Application manager on your phone and scroll over on the top to ALL. I think it is 3 swipes to the left. Scroll down to Bluetooth Share and click on clear data, clear cache. Turn off bluetooth on your phone, and restart your phone.
2. Go to your car. Delete your Samsung from your cars Bluetooth and turn the key off.
3. Turn on key on and start the process of pairing on your car navigation screen. Turn on bluetooth on your phone and scan for device. Click on CAR MULTIMEDIA and allow you phone to connect. BE READY! WATCH your screen on your phone and as soon as it asks you to allow access to messages, check the Do not ask me again and say CANCEL. Then when it asks to share your contacts, check, Do not ask me again and say OK. Your contacts should upload. You should be good to go.
It supposedly has to do with the message compatability. So you won't be able have access to your messages over the bluetooth but your phone will stay connected. I paired my wife's phone this evening and it works as well. I will report back if there is a problem but from the looks of it, this was a fix.
Previous attempts with no success
1. All day on phone with Verizon
2. Most of the day on the phone with Samsung.
3. Two hours of personal attention from a Verizon store manager trying to solve the problem. (also a S4 owner.)
4. Subaru dealership replaced the Head Unit thinking it might be defective.
5. Thoughts of trading the car in after a week of ownership.
Last edited by rags2rich; March 20th, 2014 at 12:05 AM.