Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S4

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 18th, 2013, 12:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
JimKnuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 364
 
Device(s): Note 3
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 54
Thanked 134 Times in 76 Posts
dufrenejn@gmail.com
Default CyanogenMod Installer app

Hey all

If anyone is curious to root and install custom Roms on their devices...this couldn't be easier. You install the app on your phone, and install on your PC.

I have never rooted, and Dont have much knowledge about it. I used this installer and it couldn't have been easier. In less than 30 minutes it was done. I'm running 4.3.1 right now and its working flawlessly. Loving it.

Give it a shot if you're like me and hate touchwiz

Advertisements
JimKnuckles is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 18th, 2013, 01:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ironass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cotswolds, England
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,695
 
Device(s): SGS5 SM-G900F. Rooted. KitKat 4.4.2 NG7 NEAT ROM. Baseband: NG8. KT kernel+PhilZ recovery.
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks: 1,187
Thanked 3,920 Times in 2,582 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimKnuckles View Post
Hey all

If anyone is curious to root and install custom Roms on their devices...this couldn't be easier. You install the app on your phone, and install on your PC.

I have never rooted, and Dont have much knowledge about it. I used this installer and it couldn't have been easier. In less than 30 minutes it was done. I'm running 4.3.1 right now and its working flawlessly. Loving it.

Give it a shot if you're like me and hate touchwiz
Just as a matter of interest... what does your Knox Security flag show on your Galaxy S4, as per #1.4 of Warning - Knox Security on 4.3 quad core firmwares?
__________________
Did you know that hitting the Thanks button is quicker than typing it and the Search button is your friend.

Dummies Guides Rooting Galaxy S4 * Know Your S4 * Update Problems * Knox Security * Bloatware * GPS
ironass is online now  
Last edited by ironass; November 18th, 2013 at 01:15 PM. Reason: clarity
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2013, 02:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
JimKnuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 364
 
Device(s): Note 3
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 54
Thanked 134 Times in 76 Posts
dufrenejn@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironass View Post
Just as a matter of interest... what does your Knox Security flag show on your Galaxy S4, as per #1.4 of Warning - Knox Security on 4.3 quad core firmwares?
I no longer have Knkx after I rooted
JimKnuckles is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2013, 02:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ironass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cotswolds, England
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,695
 
Device(s): SGS5 SM-G900F. Rooted. KitKat 4.4.2 NG7 NEAT ROM. Baseband: NG8. KT kernel+PhilZ recovery.
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks: 1,187
Thanked 3,920 Times in 2,582 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimKnuckles View Post
I no longer have Knkx after I rooted
You do not have a Knox counter in Download mode on your S4?

Were you on Android 4.3 when you used the CM Installer?
ironass is online now  
Last edited by ironass; November 18th, 2013 at 02:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2013, 03:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
JimKnuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 364
 
Device(s): Note 3
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 54
Thanked 134 Times in 76 Posts
dufrenejn@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironass View Post
You do not have a Knox counter in Download mode on your S4?

Were you on Android 4.3 when you used the CM Installer?
Download mode? Not familiar with that. I thought you were referring to the Knox app that came with 4.3. I was on 4.3 when I used the installer. However I downloaded the sprint 4.3 update and installed manually because it still hadnt been pushed to my device at the time....and I didn't have Knox with it
JimKnuckles is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2013, 04:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ironass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cotswolds, England
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,695
 
Device(s): SGS5 SM-G900F. Rooted. KitKat 4.4.2 NG7 NEAT ROM. Baseband: NG8. KT kernel+PhilZ recovery.
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks: 1,187
Thanked 3,920 Times in 2,582 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimKnuckles View Post
Download mode? Not familiar with that. I thought you were referring to the Knox app that came with 4.3. I was on 4.3 when I used the installer. However I downloaded the sprint 4.3 update and installed manually because it still hadnt been pushed to my device at the time....and I didn't have Knox with it
My link in post #2 above, refers to the hidden Knox flag, nothing to do with Knox apps, that can be viewed in Download mode and how to go into Download mode, it even has a video to show you how to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironass View Post
#1.4. If you are on Knox enabled firmware and wish to view your Knox counter status, go into Download Mode and the Knox flag is shown in the list at the top left of the screen. If, "KNOX WARRANTY VOID:", is showing as 0x0 then you have not tripped the Knox flag and your warranty is fine. If it is showing as 0x1, your Knox flag is permanently blown and your warranty is void.
I suggest reading the whole of that link in post #2, as it gives you a lot more info, as I believe you may have just permanently blown your warranty among other things.
ironass is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2013, 04:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Psychotic Female
 
Petrah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hanover Park, IL
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,080
 
Device(s): GE Galaxy S4 CM 11 | GSM Galaxy Nexus CM 11 | G-Note 10.1 2014
Carrier: Straight Talk

Thanks: 1,152
Thanked 1,440 Times in 925 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironass View Post
You do not have a Knox counter in Download mode on your S4?

Were you on Android 4.3 when you used the CM Installer?
I've no idea what this Knox thing is (I run the Google Edition of the S4), but I'm curious; wouldn't it be gone once the CyanogenMod ROM was installed?

EDIT: Never mind.. you posted while I was typing out my post.
__________________
Forum Rules & Guidelines & Zero Tolerance Policy
Agree with a post? Hit Like! Someone help you? Hit Thanks!
See a naughty post or a thread in the wrong area? Hit Report!
Petrah is offline  
Last edited by Petrah; November 18th, 2013 at 04:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2013, 05:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
JimKnuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 364
 
Device(s): Note 3
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 54
Thanked 134 Times in 76 Posts
dufrenejn@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironass View Post
My link in post #2 above, refers to the hidden Knox flag, nothing to do with Knox apps, that can be viewed in Download mode and how to go into Download mode, it even has a video to show you how to...



I suggest reading the whole of that link in post #2, as it gives you a lot more info, as I believe you may have just permanently blown your warranty among other things.
My understanding is that rooting your phone voids the warranty. Not something I'm concerned about
JimKnuckles is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2013, 08:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
trucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Asheville, NC
Gender: Male
Posts: 241
 
Device(s): Samsung GS4 SCHR-970
Carrier: USCC

Thanks: 15
Thanked 73 Times in 60 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimKnuckles View Post
My understanding is that rooting your phone voids the warranty. Not something I'm concerned about
Rooting does void most warranties, but is usually reversable when needed.

To date, reversing the Knox counter is not possible.
__________________
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

jflteusc_ND1-Odexed
KT-WiFi-SGS4-KK4.4
trucky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Samsung Galaxy S4
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The all-new Samsung Galaxy S4 is all but guaranteed to be the next top-selling device. The new device is dubbed the "Life Companion" due to its intuitive features. The Galaxy S4 sports a 5-inch 1080p Super AMOLED display, an awesome 13 MP... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S4
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.