December 8th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Join Date: Dec 2013
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Looks like a known issue that Samsung is working on a fix for. Has to do with the 4.3 update on S4s, since it installs a Knox software suite.
Long time lurker but first time poster so I can't post links yet, but do a search on galaxy s4 4.3 Knox and you'll see everyone is having the problem.
Samsung has issued a statement via their Twitter account saying they are working on a fix.
I'm trying to dig to see how to uninstall it from my wife's s4. I won't be updating to 4.3 until there is a known resolution to it.
I did try the following based on another site's recommendation and it seemed to have lessened the number of notifications so far, although she did receive one after I did this, though not as frequently:
I did a live chat with Samsung technical support today. Its one of those sessions where the person on the other end isn't a technical expert and just has various scripts to try. This is the script they suggested I try this evening:
1. Power the device off (remove and re-insert the battery)
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key
3. When the device vibrates; release only the Power key
4. When the Android system recovery menu displays; release the Volume Up and the Home key.
5. Navigate witth the Volume keys to the WIPE CACHE/PARTITION reset option and press the Power key to select
6. After user data deletes, press teh Power key to reboot system now.
Hopefully Samsung's engineers move quickly on this. I'd much rather not even have Knox on the phone.