Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S4

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 23rd, 2013, 05:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Mumbai India
Gender: Male
Posts: 2
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation Samsung Knox

Hi

I am not able to use my Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 I had bought 6 months back.

I am getting 3 errors:

1) an application has been forced to stop for an unauthorized attempt to access system in your device.

2) Network will be unavailable until you insert a valid sim card
3) No SIM

When I click the notification of error it takes me to Samsung Knox Notification Manager.

As I understood for many trials & errors, The problem is Knox

I have tried following to resolve the issue.

1) Factory Reset
2) Went to Samsung Authorized Service Centre, They Flashed it but it didn't work
3) inserted multiple Sim cads
4) Installed 'Root Explorer' & deleted all knox files: It says 'Delete Failed'
5) Used 'Terminal Emulator' & did this: su pm disable com.sec.knox.seandroid

It said couldn't find 'su'
6) Tried using 'Titanium Backup' : it said ' you don't have root access

Please some one help me, as i'm not able to use my phone since last 3 weeks.

zubairkhan is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 23rd, 2013, 06:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ironass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cotswolds, England
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,975
 
Device(s): SGS4 GT-i9505. Rooted. GE KitKat 4.4.2 Danvdh ROM. Baseband: NC9. Kernel: ktoonsez+PhilZ
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks: 1,083
Thanked 3,593 Times in 2,384 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zubairkhan View Post
Hi

I am not able to use my Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 I had bought 6 months back.

I am getting 3 errors:

1) an application has been forced to stop for an unauthorized attempt to access system in your device.

2) Network will be unavailable until you insert a valid sim card
3) No SIM

When I click the notification of error it takes me to Samsung Knox Notification Manager.

As I understood for many trials & errors, The problem is Knox

I have tried following to resolve the issue.

1) Factory Reset
2) Went to Samsung Authorized Service Centre, They Flashed it but it didn't work
3) inserted multiple Sim cads
4) Installed 'Root Explorer' & deleted all knox files: It says 'Delete Failed'
5) Used 'Terminal Emulator' & did this: su pm disable com.sec.knox.seandroid

It said couldn't find 'su'
6) Tried using 'Titanium Backup' : it said ' you don't have root access

Please some one help me, as i'm not able to use my phone since last 3 weeks.
Hello and welcome to Android Forums zubairkhan!

Was your International, octa core, GT-i9500 rooted when you updated to Android 4.3 as per #1.2 of Knox Security & locked bootloader on new firmwares?

If so, you may need to Factory Data Reset and download and flash the stock Samsung firmware for your handset's CSC code via Odin. This is explained in #1.5 of 18 Galaxy S4 models - know yours?.
__________________
Did you know that hitting the Thanks button is quicker than typing it and the Search button is your friend.

Dummies Guides Rooting Galaxy S4 * Know Your S4 * Update Problems * Knox Security * Bloatware * GPS
ironass is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2013, 06:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Mumbai India
Gender: Male
Posts: 2
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironass View Post
Hello and welcome to Android Forums zubairkhan!

Was your International, octa core, GT-i9500 rooted when you updated to Android 4.3 as per #1.2 of Knox Security & locked bootloader on new firmwares?

If so, you may need to Factory Data Reset and download and flash the stock Samsung firmware for your handset's CSC code via Odin. This is explained in #1.5 of 18 Galaxy S4 models - know yours?.

Hi ironass

No I have not rooted my phone.
It is still new & under warranty.
zubairkhan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2013, 06:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ironass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cotswolds, England
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,975
 
Device(s): SGS4 GT-i9505. Rooted. GE KitKat 4.4.2 Danvdh ROM. Baseband: NC9. Kernel: ktoonsez+PhilZ
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks: 1,083
Thanked 3,593 Times in 2,384 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zubairkhan View Post
Hi ironass

No I have not rooted my phone.
It is still new & under warranty.
That explains why those rooting apps won't work on your phone then, like Titanium Backup, etc:

You can either to a Samsung Service point and ask them to re-flash the stock firmware for you or you can do it yourself, as mentioned in my previous post.
ironass is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2013, 07:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Funderbolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Va
Gender: Male
Posts: 176
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4 (White)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 49
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Seems there are so many complaints about this Knox software, probably best to shut it off.
Funderbolt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2013, 07:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ironass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cotswolds, England
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,975
 
Device(s): SGS4 GT-i9505. Rooted. GE KitKat 4.4.2 Danvdh ROM. Baseband: NC9. Kernel: ktoonsez+PhilZ
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks: 1,083
Thanked 3,593 Times in 2,384 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funderbolt View Post
Seems there are so many complaints about this Knox software, probably best to shut it off.
Knox Security is a separate, downloadable, app from the Play Store. I believe the OP is referring to the prerequisites for Knox that come with Android 4.3, as described in #1.0 of Knox Security & locked bootloader on new firmwares, which cannot be simply, "shut off".
ironass is online now  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Samsung Galaxy S4
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The all-new Samsung Galaxy S4 is all but guaranteed to be the next top-selling device. The new device is dubbed the "Life Companion" due to its intuitive features. The Galaxy S4 sports a 5-inch 1080p Super AMOLED display, an awesome 13 MP... Read More

Tags
access, knox, samsung, security


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S4
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:49 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.