Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S4

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 2nd, 2014, 07:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Spell correct question

I'm sure people have asked about this before but here goes.
I got my new S4 a few months ago, I LOVED it!! I updated it when the day I got it. I love the keyboard with the numbers on the top!! I had the auto correct from day one. Then, a few weeks later the sound kept just going out randomly.. I took it up to US cellular service dept and the guy did some research and said the update has been known to do this so.. He sent my phone back and they sent me a new phone. The guy told me not to update the new phone. So... Now my phone has no auto correct on the keyboard?? I mean it gives you suggestion but won't automatically correct you. I REALLY miss that.
Was this something the update added to the phone and if so how do I get it back without messing up the phones sound ???

Dogchopper is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 2nd, 2014, 08:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fayetteville, NC, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,001
 
Device(s): Note3 stock (so far) been replaced. Working great so far.
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 6
Thanked 2,551 Times in 2,362 Posts
Default

If you're talking about the 4.3 update, don't. It's not as buggy for the S4 as it is for the S3, but it's full of bugs. Wait until Samsung gets their act together and releases one that has at least fewer bugs. (I'm not even hoping for no bugs.)
Rukbat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2014, 10:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

That's what I was afraid of. I guess I will just have to live with without spell correction
Thanks
Dogchopper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2014, 01:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 80
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogchopper View Post
That's what I was afraid of. I guess I will just have to live with without spell correction
Thanks
The market has a keyboard that is Smart Keyboard Pro. It is very customizable, has number keys on the top row (If you want it) and a spell-check that works very well and if you do not want it, it is able to be stopped via settings in the keyboard. The Dictionary feature is very fast and you can add stuff to it too. They just updated to ver 2,X so there are some small things that they are planning on changing, but for the price it's quite nice. I think there is a free one you can try before buying, but it costs less than a starbucks coffee and donut! LOL

Hope that info helps you.
Aloha
bobolinko is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2014, 05:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobolinko View Post
The market has a keyboard that is Smart Keyboard Pro. It is very customizable, has number keys on the top row (If you want it) and a spell-check that works very well and if you do not want it, it is able to be stopped via settings in the keyboard. The Dictionary feature is very fast and you can add stuff to it too. They just updated to ver 2,X so there are some small things that they are planning on changing, but for the price it's quite nice. I think there is a free one you can try before buying, but it costs less than a starbucks coffee and donut! LOL

Hope that info helps you.
Aloha
I will have to look into that. I guess it is worth a little cash if it works.
It just amazes me how well it worked with the update.. Too bad it messed up other things.
Dogchopper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2014, 02:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 44
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

4.3 does correct that issue with spell check. I updated when 4.3 first came out and had issues, however Verizon came out with a maintenance update since then and all of my problems with 4.3 disappeared..
stargazertony is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2014, 04:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazertony View Post
4.3 does correct that issue with spell check. I updated when 4.3 first came out and had issues, however Verizon came out with a maintenance update since then and all of my problems with 4.3 disappeared..
I keep waiting for US Cellular to come up the fix for that update so I can get my spell correct back!!
Dogchopper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Samsung Galaxy S4
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The all-new Samsung Galaxy S4 is all but guaranteed to be the next top-selling device. The new device is dubbed the "Life Companion" due to its intuitive features. The Galaxy S4 sports a 5-inch 1080p Super AMOLED display, an awesome 13 MP... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S4
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.