Originally Posted by jack58
Explain why? If it was better that touchwiz, Samsung would be using it.
I like most of what Samsung offers, I just tweak it some.
The bolded (by me) statement is just silly. Samsung uses in-house software developers. It's not going to buy software from 3rd parties. There are plenty of apps that are better than the apps included with Samsung phones.
As far as why Nova Prime is better:
1. Folders in the app drawer make it much easier to find things quickly.
2. The ability to hide apps from the app drawer. If you have an app icon on a home screen, you don't have to have that icon duplicated in the drawer.
3. The ability to customize the dock. Remove the drawer icon if you want, make it scrollable side to side, have more icons in the dock.
4. Customize the icon grid on home screens, so you can have more icons, or fewer larger ones.
5. Gestures!. Open apps, or the app drawer, or perform other actions just by tapping or swiping on a home screen. May not sound like much, but gestures are very powerful.
6. No lag, no stutter. It's simply smoother and faster than TW.
There's more, but these are the key things that make Nova Prime worth it to me.