June 13th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Join Date: Jun 2012
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I too had the same problem. My GT-I9003 suddenly started restarting and it keeps restarting untill battery drains. If I remove the battery or manually start it back again.. It will ask the setup and all my contacts, messages are lost. I tried several troubleshoots and of no use.. I gave it to samsung authorised service for three times and finally got the mother board replaced. But again the problem started on the same day. I faced this issue for around 2 weeks and thought of
throwing my phone away.. but finally one day I found the cause and solution for this issue..
The main reason for this issue is, our phone got bricked..(99% of chance for Soft Brick and 1% of chance for hard brick).
I tried the following troubleshoot.. (This is the resolution for Soft Brick Issue)
1. Turnoff the phone..
2. Press the Volume up key on the left side of the phone and Home key simultaneously..
3. Holding those two keys.. Press the power on key..
4. Now your phone enters into recovery mode
5. There select the option to Factory reset and do the factory reset. I remember it as 3rd option..
6. After the factory reset, clear the partition cache which will be the 4th option in recovery mode..
7. After doing both these, there will be an option to reboot the phone.. select and let the phone restart..
If your phone is Soft bricked.. the issue will be resolved.. as like mine. Still if the problem exists, then the phone might got hard bricked(u r d unlucky 1%) and try replacing the internal sd card..