Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GammaRayBurst

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 28th, 2011, 07:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Anyone purchased USB connection kit?

I have been desperately looking for USB connection kit and can not find in stores or online. Anybody had any success in getting one?

sponsored links
Old June 28th, 2011, 12:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Android X 2.2.1

Already loaded on all usb charger phones. Just hook it up and drivers auto load.
My X also has Motorola media link tool. Great companion for media management.
You need to put your device info in for better and faster, more detailed help.
Old June 28th, 2011, 03:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

I am not sure if I was clear. The USB connection kit that I was talking about is an accessory for Samsung galaxy tab and, with which, we could attach flash drives to upload data on to Galaxy. Are you talking about the same?
Thank you.
Old June 28th, 2011, 04:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s):

think olskool is talking about the usb connector cable that came with the tab.
Old June 28th, 2011, 08:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s):

Wouldn't it be possible to buy a female to female USB adapter and then plug to the USB connector cable. Then just plug any USB device to the female adapter. Just thinking it might work for the mean time that the USB connection kit is nowhere to be found.
Old June 29th, 2011, 09:52 AM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s): Instinct>EVO>EPIC>Note2 SGT10.1, HPTP
Carrier: Sprint

not yet, but definitely will when available.
Old June 29th, 2011, 11:55 AM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid DNA rooted, RazrMaxx, SGT 10.1 Rooted CM10 Lapdoc 500 pro Nexus 7 Stock JB Rooted

Quote:
Originally Posted by John85D View Post
Wouldn't it be possible to buy a female to female USB adapter and then plug to the USB connector cable. Then just plug any USB device to the female adapter. Just thinking it might work for the mean time that the USB connection kit is nowhere to be found.
GREAT IDEA!! Anybody try this yet?
Old July 29th, 2011, 07:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s): HTC Evo

Yes, I have a female adapter and tried and it didn't work.
Old July 30th, 2011, 07:14 AM   #9 (permalink)

Device(s): SGT 10.1 HTC EVO 4G

I just got mine at Best Buy, bought it in the store for 19.99
Old July 31st, 2011, 08:41 AM   #10 (permalink)

Device(s):

I also got it at best buy, works greatbut supposedly up to 32gb fat32 will try later withhard drive. Is quite small and easy to use!
sponsored links
Old August 3rd, 2011, 07:54 AM   #11 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Just picked one up at Best buy last night as well. Last one in my area and now sold out again. I didn't even realize they sold these locally, thought could only get it online.
Old August 3rd, 2011, 07:54 AM   #12 (permalink)

Device(s):

I purchased it directly from Samsung. I plug the Tab into the keyboard dock (also purchased directly from Samsung) and the USB connection kit connected to a mouse into the port on the dock.

With it and the Samsung keyboard dock I'm able to have a convertible Tab.

Next I'm going to test plugging in a powered USB hub into the Samsung connection kit.

Does anyone know if that will work?
Last edited by rl9228; August 3rd, 2011 at 07:58 AM.
Old August 7th, 2011, 08:52 PM   #13 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

What app do you use to access a USB thumbdrive? I both have File Manager HD and ES File Explorer but both say the drive is empty however there are AVI files on it.
Old August 8th, 2011, 10:08 PM   #14 (permalink)

Device(s):

Just keep checking with Best Buy .. that's where I got my USB connection kit. One store near us was sold out of them but another one had just one left. OR give them a call, they will hold things for customers. Plus they will also tell you what day of the week they get deliveries, unfortunately they never know what is going to be on the truck.

You can order it offline at Best Buy and have it shipped to the store for pick up. Or if you are near the store, you can order it there and they might not charge you shipping if they are out of them.

I use mine all the time, for books and movies. Wish it was in a better spot but oh well, just turn it upside down.
Old August 9th, 2011, 09:58 AM   #15 (permalink)

Device(s): Verizon Galaxy Nexus Verizon Galaxy Tab 10.1 LTE

I got mine from BB too, out of stock online but they had it at my store. I did a store pickup to make sure it'd still be there when I got there. I also got this to go with it.
Old October 2nd, 2011, 09:46 AM   #16 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Samsung's New "USB & SD Connection Kit"

I just ordered a product from Samsung off of their website. Unlike what most reviewers are showing in their demos, this one is a "USB & SD Connection Kit," and it contains 3 things in the box for $29.99: 1) a USB adapter; 2) an SD card adapter, which will allow you to read camera SD cards and such; and 3) a Micro SD adapter, which looks like an SD card with a channel into which to insert a micro sd card.

A saw an ad for the product, and when Best Buy said they didn't have it, I contacted Samsung, who told me to enter h t t p : // bit . ly / oLxmXv

There are some things to note. If you have purchased the USB adapter, and when you plug it in you are getting no response, you may want to try rebooting with the USB device inserted. This was the case with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 16GB, which I normally have sitting in the keyboard dock. My Tab wouldn't recognize the USB adapter inserted "on the fly," and in fact annoyingly deactivated my keyboard as well. (It is puzzling as to why "on the fly" connection worked for one reviewer on YouTube, who also had the keyboard dock attached.)

After booting with the USB adapter with a flash USB drive ("thumb drive") inserted, my Tab displayed a message down in the tray that the USB device was connected, and instructed me to click there when I wanted to dismount the device "safely."

As is usual from Samsung, there is almost no documentation. Some advice online had me looking under /mnt, and finding nothing. It was frustrating. I had almost given up, when I happened to see a new directory while typing in Quickoffice. It was called "USBStorage," with a subdirectory underneath called "SDA", and under that---finally!---the contents of my Flash drive.

I have also read online that any USB drive you want to view with Android devices must be formatted with FAT32, and not, for example, with NTFS.

Unfortunately, I need to report that there are bugs. First, when I connected the USB adapter on my device "on the fly," it not only didn't work, but also deactivated my keyboard dock. Grrrrrr. Also when, after working with the Flash drive for a while, I clicked for the "safe" dismount, it again deactivated my keyboard dock, forcing me to reboot to regain keyboard function.

The second time I dismounted, the Equalizer app that I have installed for my Music beta suddenly reported that it had unexpectedly stopped working, so I suspect that other hardware on the Tab (headphone jack?) may also have been affected.

Also, from what I have read, devices that draw too much power may require an AC-powered USB hub, rather than a bus-powered one. I have not tried this, but a FAT32-formatted external hard drive, with its own power supply or connected to an AC-powered hub, may be readable with the Galaxy Tab. (The new S2 1 TB external USB hard drives from Samsung, smaller than a playing card and available in multiple colors, are SWEET, but are bus-powered.)

I have yet to do further testing, such as connecting directly to the Tab without the dock, trying out the SD card adapter, or connecting other devices. I have a 1 TB external USB hard drive with AC power, but unfortunately it is formatted for NTFS. I'm uncertain as to whether---if I were to partition a portion of the disk and format it for FAT32 with the Windows Vista Disk Management utility---it would show up. With the number of bugs in the USB adapter, I'm not certain I want to try this, since it houses a lot of important data. But maybe someone else would like to be brave, and report back to us.
slobodannik likes this.
Old October 2nd, 2011, 07:23 PM   #17 (permalink)

Device(s):

I have the keyboard dock and the usb adapter kit which I bought from Best Buy. The instructions on the usb adapter do say that you should have the usb flash drive, or keyboard, or mouse, or printer, or whatever, plugged into the usb adapter BEFORE you plug the adapter into the tab.

I can and have had the tab docked into the keyboard and then put my usb flash drive into the adapter and plug the adapter into the keyboard and it reads it every time without having to reboot. Data transfer is incredibly fast and I was really surprised.

I have also used the adapter without the keyboard dock with no problem at all.
Old October 2nd, 2011, 10:17 PM   #18 (permalink)

Device(s):

It later turned out that the flash drive I was reading is formatted FAT, and not FAT32. I assumed that it was FAT32, because I had read that the USB host couldn't read anything else. But when I took it back to my PC and analyzed it, it shows as FAT. I'm now surprised that I could read it at all. But I wonder if that's where the problems arose.

The next thing I want to try is actually playing music off of a flash drive with Google Music, but now I think I should buy a newer flash drive so that it's a fair test. I was told by Samsung that this should be possible, and is the main reason I bought the USB adapter. (I'm storing all my music locally, and am going to run out of room at the rate I'm going.)
Old October 3rd, 2011, 12:35 AM   #19 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy S4 Galaxy Note 10.1 Nexus 7 2013 LTE

I havehad the connection kit since day 1 and never use the cable to conect my tab to my laptop, just use a USB stick.
OT MaxDB, CD1, CD5, J5, GD96, ME45, T68i, X6, CX65, A925, E398, MPx200, X6-2, OT715, D600E, W810, M600i, BB8100, W880, N95-2, P1i, Ignito, W880, X1, MS1, MS2, TP851, XT910, GTab 10.1, SGS3, SGS4, SGNote 10.1, Nexus 7 II
Old October 3rd, 2011, 03:51 PM   #20 (permalink)

Device(s):

I got it this week and tried it with a 64gb SD card. Off course that did not work, the card needs to be formatted first. It needs to be formatted using fat32. I found a utility that could do that and now the card is properly recognized.

It is a bit disappointing that the SD card can't be fully inserted, so you can't store the adapter with the SD card.

I tested the other adapter with a 15gb usb stick. Also here it required formatting with fat32, but then it worked as expected.
sponsored links
Old October 3rd, 2011, 10:50 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petitbarzun View Post
I got it this week and tried it with a 64gb SD card. Off course that did not work, the card needs to be formatted first. It needs to be formatted using fat32. I found a utility that could do that and now the card is properly recognized.

It is a bit disappointing that the SD card can't be fully inserted, so you can't store the adapter with the SD card.

I tested the other adapter with a 15gb usb stick. Also here it required formatting with fat32, but then it worked as expected.
That is good news. It means that SDXC card work with it. I need to get one of them as I need a lot of backup space.
Old October 5th, 2011, 04:18 PM   #22 (permalink)

Device(s):

Oh, that is great! I was confused because the old, original SD cards only supported up to 2 GB. But in stating that the adapters would support up to 32 GB, Samsung was, in effect, saying that the adapters would support SDHC. And I wasn't sure. I als wasn't sure whether you could return one if you found out it didn't work. So now I can order one. Thanks!

I came across a really strange discussion the other day on another forum. I had looked up info about the folder LOST.DIR that shows up. This guy was saying that these devices are notoriously unreliable, and that he often found important files in LOST.DIR, stripped of file extension and with numbers and letters as filename. He also said that you really should do a safe dismount, even on Windows. I stuck an old one in my PC, and right-clicked on the volume, and sure enough, there is a "Safely Disconnect" in the menu! They never tell you that on the package! I have just been yanking them out. Has anyone else heard unreliability info, and that you have to be very careful with them?
Old October 5th, 2011, 04:24 PM   #23 (permalink)

Device(s):

I just read that again. I should have said SDXC, but can we assume that if it accepts SDXC, then it will also accept SDHC? Did your Tab 10.1 really see all 64 GB when it was formatted FAT32? Because the booklet that came with mine said that the maximum it will support is 32 GB...
Old October 10th, 2011, 01:52 PM   #24 (permalink)

Device(s):

But has anyone tried connecting 1 TB FAT32 External Hdd? Does it work? Can you play movies from hdd?
Old October 10th, 2011, 11:19 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulbhushan View Post
But has anyone tried connecting 1 TB FAT32 External Hdd? Does it work? Can you play movies from hdd?
If you use a Y USB cable and connect he other end to a USB charger to porovide the HDD with power it will work.
Old October 16th, 2011, 07:25 AM   #26 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default usb and sd connection kit for samsung galaxy tablet 10.1

[QUOTE=palur;2886796]I am not sure if I was clear. The USB connection kit that I was talking about is an accessory for Samsung galaxy tab and, with which, we could attach flash drives to upload data on to Galaxy. Are you talking about the same?
Thank you.[/QUO

The only place i have found this is on samsung site. it is called: usb and sd connection kit EPL-1PLRBEG. for the 10.1. i have been looking eveerywhere and this is the only place i found it. hope this helps its price is 29.99
Old October 21st, 2011, 04:50 AM   #27 (permalink)

Device(s):

Thumbs down NOT compatible wityh Galaxy tab 10.1v

I have just purchased one but it does not work with my 10.1v tab.
Be careful: USB connecting kit is NOT compatible with galaxy tab 10.1v !!!
Old January 11th, 2012, 12:20 PM   #28 (permalink)

Device(s):

Exclamation USB & SD Connection Kit

Help!!!
Now that I have purchased this Samsung USB/SD Connection kit I cannot figure out how to copy files from an SD card or thumb drive to the Tablet's internal storage. For instance, I have photos on SD cards and I would like to transfer them from my SD card directly onto the tablet (into the Photo Gallery, preferably), without having to load them through Kies on my PC. I would like to be able to pop the SD card out of my camera and transfer directly to the tablet. Any user-friendly advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm not very technical and I also need to be able to show my Mom and Dad how to do it on their tablet! Both are Samsung Galaxy 10.1 (their's is a 16, mine's a 32). Any help is warmly welcome!
The Following User Says Thank You to 7437336 For This Useful Post:
scheri (February 4th, 2012)
Old January 11th, 2012, 01:54 PM   #29 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Captivate (dead), HTC Thunderbolt (dead), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: Verizon

Send a message via Skype™ to Buddha64

FYI - NTSF is not natively supported on the TAB... only FAT.

If you not rooted and unwilling/unable to flash new kernels/ROMs, you are out of luck. However, if you are rooted, there are kernels out there which support NTSF.
Old January 11th, 2012, 09:47 PM   #30 (permalink)

If you are rooted you can also use USB Mass Storage Watcher that lets you mount an NTFS drive. No kernel tinkering needed.
sponsored links
Old January 12th, 2012, 07:08 AM   #31 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Captivate (dead), HTC Thunderbolt (dead), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Samsung Galaxy S4

Send a message via Skype™ to Buddha64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadzik View Post
If you are rooted you can also use USB Mass Storage Watcher that lets you mount an NTFS drive. No kernel tinkering needed.
First, let me say that I've tried this app on its own (and many others) and it does not allow me access to the file structure of the 500GB HDD I use.

Sure, the app "mounts" the HDD, but there is more to accessing external memory than mounting the drive. The device needs to be able to recognize the drive format, and that is what is still missing from your suggested app. There will still be no access to the drive, and the "Unrecognized Format" error will remain.

Second, if you read carefully, the app documentation says...

[QUOTE]---- ATTENTION ----
This will only work on rooted device
s and requires a kernel that has the ums enabled. ... It also requires a kernel with ums enabled and modules for ntfs/hfs/hfs+ etc.[/QUOTE]

So, you need more than root; you need a kernel which supports NTSF via the ntfs.ko module. The native kernel in the Tab does not.

And, as I have said, I've actually enabled the ntfs.ko module, and gotten this to work after weeks of trying every app out there. It's really pretty easy to do, and if anyone wants more info... just let me know.

However, if you actually get this app to work on a Galaxy Tab with the native kernel - and by that I mean the kernel which came originally with the tab and not one that was included in a ROM you might have flashed (FYI - I'm on Task's Galaxy V11 with Pershoots 2.6.36.4 available on XDA) - I'd be interested in knowing how you did it.
Last edited by Buddha64; January 12th, 2012 at 07:19 AM.
Old January 12th, 2012, 08:28 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha64 View Post
First, let me say that I've tried this app on its own (and many others) and it does not allow me access to the file structure of the 500GB HDD I use.

Sure, the app "mounts" the HDD, but there is more to accessing external memory than mounting the drive. The device needs to be able to recognize the drive format, and that is what is still missing from your suggested app. There will still be no access to the drive, and the "Unrecognized Format" error will remain.

Second, if you read carefully, the app documentation says...

---- ATTENTION ----
This will only work on rooted devices and requires a kernel that has the ums enabled. ... It also requires a kernel with ums enabled and modules for ntfs/hfs/hfs+ etc.

So, you need more than root; you need a kernel which supports NTSF via the ntfs.ko module. The native kernel in the Tab does not.

And, as I have said, I've actually enabled the ntfs.ko module, and gotten this to work after weeks of trying every app out there. It's really pretty easy to do, and if anyone wants more info... just let me know.

However, if you actually get this app to work on a Galaxy Tab with the native kernel - and by that I mean the kernel which came originally with the tab and not one that was included in a ROM you might have flashed (FYI - I'm on Task's Galaxy V11 with Pershoots 2.6.36.4 available on XDA) - I'd be interested in knowing how you did it.
1. It appears that you are implying I changed the kernel of my tab, but I didn't.
2. I guess you're also implying that my 32GB NTFS formatted usb stick is not working, but it is.
3. I mount hte drive to /usbstorage and just access it using Root Explorer. Nothing to it. I did not flash a ROM or kernel and it just works.
4. I have not tried any other formats, but NTFS works perfectly fine for me and I can watch 4GB+ movies from it without any problems.
Last edited by Frisco; January 14th, 2012 at 07:23 AM.
Old January 17th, 2012, 02:17 AM   #33 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default Wifi USB dongle

Has anyone used the USB adapter with a wifi dongle?
I live in the UK and hope to use my Galaxy P1010 for email, Skype, etc while on holday in Spain where I cant rely on hotspots. It would save hauling a laptop.
Old January 17th, 2012, 02:35 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinjamiki View Post
Has anyone used the USB adapter with a wifi dongle?
I live in the UK and hope to use my Galaxy P1010 for email, Skype, etc while on holday in Spain where I cant rely on hotspots. It would save hauling a laptop.
You Tab, already has WiFi built-in. Do you mean a 3G dongle? As far as I know, it cannot be used. You can use your phone to tether to the Tab, though.
The Following User Says Thank You to Szadzik For This Useful Post:
jinjamiki (January 17th, 2012)
Old January 19th, 2012, 10:33 PM   #35 (permalink)

Device(s):

Regarding GammaRayBurst Oct 2 post... I have a Galaxy 7+, and I can confirm an externally powered USB hard drive with a FAT32 partition is visible on the tab using a USB adapter. I can play movies and copy files to the tab. The NTFS partition is not visible. I tried the same HDD or a flash drive connected through a powered USB hub, no joy. The tab seems not to recognize anything through a hub.
The Following User Says Thank You to ardory For This Useful Post:
Szadzik (January 19th, 2012)
Old January 29th, 2012, 03:23 AM   #36 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izze View Post
I just got mine at Best Buy, bought it in the store for 19.99
Izze: what does Best Buy call the connector? Have searched their website, but no luck. Thanks!
Talking about connecting/using a flash drive with a galaxy 10.1 tab.
Old January 29th, 2012, 03:37 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannae View Post
Izze: what does Best Buy call the connector? Have searched their website, but no luck. Thanks!
Talking about connecting/using a flash drive with a galaxy 10.1 tab.
I searched through BestBuy's website and could not find it either.

I found it here: http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Connection-Galaxy-10-1-10-v/dp/B005O252GG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327829751&sr=8-1
Old February 2nd, 2012, 02:47 PM   #38 (permalink)

Device(s):

I ordered one off of Amazon yesterday for $13. It should be here tomorrow and I am excited to try it out.
Old February 4th, 2012, 05:09 AM   #39 (permalink)

Device(s):

say, i have the kit, with the sd card adapter also. my question is if i connect my es310 canon camera to it using usb to browse pictures, they look horrible.(like a thumb is blown up) if i pull the card and insert it in the tab adapter they look great and normal. any tips or ideas here?? tab or camera settings?? anyone else see this??
thanks much
Old February 4th, 2012, 06:31 AM   #40 (permalink)

I would say the problem may be that your camera only shows thumbnails and the Tab Gallery shows them much bigger than they really are.

I do not remember if I had the same problem on my Nikon, but I just copied the photos to my Tab and that worked great
sponsored links
Old February 4th, 2012, 11:57 AM   #41 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy 10.1 with Wifi

Default Samsung Galaxy Tablet 10.1 Accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by palur View Post
I have been desperately looking for USB connection kit and can not find in stores or online. Anybody had any success in getting one?
I ordered online from Staples on Jan 30, 2012 and was delivered on Jan 3, 2012 to my door.
I ordered both the USB Connect kit and the HDTV kit for my Galaxy Tablet 10.1
Cost USB Connect Kit $29.93 & HDTV Kit $39.93 plus 5% GST for Alberta.
Free delivery
Old February 4th, 2012, 06:15 PM   #42 (permalink)

Device(s):

Wow some crazy back in time delivery staples has Scherie.

Szadzik, makes sense that it could be on the camera side of it
Old February 5th, 2012, 01:17 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS_racer View Post

Szadzik, makes sense that it could be on the camera side of it
Just a theory, no way to really determine if that is the problem, though.
Old April 20th, 2012, 10:08 AM   #44 (permalink)

Device(s):

My USB connection kit suddenly stopped working one day.I thought it's spoilt,so I bought a new one,plugged in,nothing happened,MY FILES didn't pop up.I took both the old and new kit to try on a store's displayed Tab,again nothing happened. I wonder how else can I test what could be the problem?
Old April 26th, 2012, 09:38 AM   #45 (permalink)

Device(s):

Well, I purchased a USB connection kit a couple of days ago (from Komplett.no), and while it says it is for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 - which I have (not the 1v) - it just didn't fit - would not click in place, just slid out. (And didn't get the micro sd-card adapter with it...)
So I returned everything, including the Tab (inside the 2-week return limit, today.)

Still would like to get another one (as soon as I get my money back), then i hear there's a new model on the way? Where do I find out about that?
Old April 26th, 2012, 02:35 PM   #46 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4 Droid X (Retired) Droid Bionic (Retired) Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by heylars2 View Post
Well, I purchased a USB connection kit a couple of days ago (from Komplett.no), and while it says it is for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 - which I have (not the 1v) - it just didn't fit - would not click in place, just slid out. (And didn't get the micro sd-card adapter with it...)
So I returned everything, including the Tab (inside the 2-week return limit, today.)

Still would like to get another one (as soon as I get my money back), then i hear there's a new model on the way? Where do I find out about that?
I received my kit today from Samsung and it works perfectly. Fast transfer speeds and connects right away without the need to reboot the tab. Now the tab does get angry at me if I pull the adapter out without "Removing" the device first. Once I pop the adapter in a screen comes up with the files on the usb. I can use the default screen from the tab or I can also use Astro to manage the files on the USB.

Sometimes I am skeptical on purchasing stuff from weird websites. In this case I am glad I went straight to Samsung and got the kit.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 10:29 AM   #47 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Thanks to all who posted. It helped me: here in the UK you cannot buy direct from Samsung. The UK site has no USB/SD kit, and the USA site won't ship here. I tried a kit via Amazon which only had the two plug-in adaptors and no SD adaptor. It seemed not to work with the tab 10.2 and I returned it. I now suspect it was not knowing you must insert the card into the adaptor before inserting the lot into the tab. Best bit of advice!
It may be, though, that the gadget I got isn't compatible.
Anyways, I got the 3-part gadget via friends in the US, and having got the knowledge of how to use it, it's great.

I thought this might help other UK members in particular, and all others in general, especially as this tab seems to be growing in popularity
Old February 3rd, 2013, 10:42 AM   #48 (permalink)

I have recently got the USB/SD/microSD adaptor kit thanks to the info in this thread.
I found that the Samsung site in the UK has no listing for it or the older one without the microSD adaptor. I also found that the US site won't ship over here.
I am lucky to have friends in the US who got it for me.
One other thing I hope might help others is that I did try to source one thru Amazon.co.UK, and did end up with the older 2-part one. I had trouble with it, and returned it. It may not be compatible with the Galaxy 10.1. Or it might be only because I did not have the important help shown above, that you must put youritem in the adaptor before attaching it to the tablet. For sure, knowing that before I received the newer 3-part adaptor meant I have had no more trouble!
Thanks again.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 10:43 AM   #49 (permalink)

Sorry for the double post. Newbie error

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1