Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 18th, 2012, 11:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Apps installed, but still waiting to?

I tried using the search function, but I'm clearly not great at using this one.

The problem started when I downloaded a game [9MM HD] for sale. It ended up charging me around 5 times for it. Luckily, it was on sale for a dollar, so no great harm. Anyway, after that was settled, I, like I always have to do, went into the ' My Apps' screen to tell it to actually install. Not a huge inconvienience, so not a problem. I told it to install, and it did, flawlessly, I thought. Game runs fine, everything it's supposed to do and more.

The problem is, it still sets in my 'Waiting to Install' list, at the bottom. No matter how many times I tell it to, it's still there. Again, not a huge annoyance, so not an issue.

I think.

I'm still not sure on the weight of this issue, because it, and the (I'm sorry, Swype is proving once again that actual typing instead of swyping isn't possible) other program that gives the same behavior (Sketchbook Pro) don't appear to be updating. At all. Neither have ever updated, once. This is kind of an issue, as I use Sketchbook for work. These are the only two that continue to wait to install, but still run.

Any thoughts?

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old February 19th, 2012, 11:32 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): LG Optimus V, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (neither is rooted)
Carrier: Not Provided

Cool

I dont have any experience with buying paid apps, but I had those other Market problems when I first got my Tab (just last week). All problems went away after installing the recent OS update (and all subsequent app updates, which included the Market app).

If youre not running the latest OS version, Id recommend installing it. If youre updated already, Id:
  • clear the Market apps cache,
  • failing that, clear the Market apps data,
  • failing that, uninstall the Market apps updates and then re-update to the latest version.
All this can be done via Settings → Manage Applications. Id force-close Market after each step.

Good luck!
Tags
application, install, wating, won't install

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1