Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 17th, 2012, 06:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Downgrading Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 ( First Gen )

hello. i have a question about downgrading android version. is it possible ? my tab is currently running 4.0.4 android version and i like to to downgrade it to 4.0.1. is it possible ? and what software do i need to use ?

-Thanks in advance!

Advertisements
Aa_aA is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 18th, 2012, 05:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bfksc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,256
 
Device(s): Rugby Pro LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 200 Times in 169 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aa_aA View Post
hello. i have a question about downgrading android version. is it possible ? my tab is currently running 4.0.4 android version and i like to to downgrade it to 4.0.1. is it possible ? and what software do i need to use ?
-Thanks in advance!
You can't downgrade with stock Android because the software checks for older firmware when trying to 'update' with an older version.

You can however use Odin and ClockWorkMod to flash custom recovery and then use CWM to flash an older firmware. I've done similar things in the past with phones and the Tab should be capable of doing it too. Specifics for your exact model are available via Google.

However, I find ICS v4.0.4 runs great on my tablet. What issues are you having that make you want to downgrade? Perhaps we can help?
bfksc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2012, 12:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi thanks for the reply. The reason why i want to downgrade it is it cant install flash. I heard that 4.0.1 supports flashplayer. And one more thing, is downgrading safe?
Aa_aA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2012, 06:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 240
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7510
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 48 Times in 31 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aa_aA View Post
Hi thanks for the reply. The reason why i want to downgrade it is it cant install flash. I heard that 4.0.1 supports flashplayer. And one more thing, is downgrading safe?
I'm on 4.0.4, with Flash installed. After the update from HC 3.2 to ICS 4.0.4, go to the Play Store and you should see Flash as an available download for your Tab.
As for "downgrading" being safe, should be no problem.
Like bfksc, I've gone from ICS back to HC with no issues, but also as he posted, you'll have to flash it with Odin.
Jacksmyname is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2012, 02:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Silicon Valley
Gender: Male
Posts: 64
 
Device(s): HTC One (64 GB, Unlocked) Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Windows 8 PC
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

I've never heard of a 4.0.1 version being available for the Galaxy Tab; as far as I know it went straight from 3.2 to 4.0.4. Are you referring to a CM version? If you use a CM build you will lose some functionality such as the cameras.
Coach70 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2012, 03:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

when i tried downloading flashplayer, it says "This item isnt available in your country " . am i the only one experiencing this ? i live in US btw.
Aa_aA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2012, 04:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bfksc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,256
 
Device(s): Rugby Pro LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 200 Times in 169 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aa_aA View Post
when i tried downloading flashplayer, it says "This item isnt available in your country " . am i the only one experiencing this ? i live in US btw.
There's an issue with Flash for ICS and it not being available in the Play Store. A simple work around is to log into Google Play from your PC using your email address and password for your primary account that you use on your Tab. Then search for 'Flash Player', and select it to install. It will then download and install automatically on your Tab even it you can't find it on the 'store' from your tablet. You will see it download and install like any other app on your device.
bfksc is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bfksc For This Useful Post:
FoyleFlyer (October 15th, 2012), grammabonnie (October 10th, 2013)
Old September 19th, 2012, 07:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfksc View Post
There's an issue with Flash for ICS and it not being available in the Play Store. A simple work around is to log into Google Play from your PC using your email address and password for your primary account that you use on your Tab. Then search for 'Flash Player', and select it to install. It will then download and install automatically on your Tab even it you can't find it on the 'store' from your tablet. You will see it download and install like any other app on your device.
i tried this method but it seems that its not available in google play store. thanks anyway!
Aa_aA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bfksc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,256
 
Device(s): Rugby Pro LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 200 Times in 169 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aa_aA View Post
i tried this method but it seems that its not available in google play store. thanks anyway!
Just checked and a quick search turned up nothing. But I logged in and checked the link to Flash for my Tab and got this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.adobe.flashplayer

That should get you there. Make sure the selected device is the Tab, not another device like a phone which may not be compatible.
bfksc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2012, 09:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfksc View Post
Just checked and a quick search turned up nothing. But I logged in and checked the link to Flash for my Tab and got this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.adobe.flashplayer

That should get you there. Make sure the selected device is the Tab, not another device like a phone which may not be compatible.
i tried this too. when i click install and select the device which i wanted it to be installed, the device appears but i cant click/chose it. any ideas why i cant click my device ?
Aa_aA is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 20th, 2012, 06:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bfksc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,256
 
Device(s): Rugby Pro LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 200 Times in 169 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aa_aA View Post
i tried this too. when i click install and select the device which i wanted it to be installed, the device appears but i cant click/chose it. any ideas why i cant click my device ?
I don't know why it doesn't work for you. It works fine for me, just tried again and it's fine...
bfksc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2012, 07:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Wasn't Me
 
ScandaLeX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: PhiLLy
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,803
 
Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

Thanks: 1,160
Thanked 943 Times in 614 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfksc View Post
I don't know why it doesn't work for you. It works fine for me, just tried again and it's fine...
It's working for you because you already have it installed on your device. For those that don't have it, they'll have to grab the apk from elsewhere and side load it onto their device.
ScandaLeX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2012, 10:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
It's working for you because you already have it installed on your device. For those that don't have it, they'll have to grab the apk from elsewhere and side load it onto their device.
can you explain it more ? .apk is the file format that is supported by android devices right ? so you're saying that i need to download flash .apk version and manually install it ?
Aa_aA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2012, 03:04 AM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Getting satellite fix...
Posts: 513
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Tab 10.1 3G, HTC Desire
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 21
Thanked 70 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Take a look at this thread on XDA

[GUIDE] [HOW-TO] Install Adobe Flash Player on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean - xda-developers

It refers to JB but the process is the same.
speedycolzalez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2012, 11:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Ayt.. Thnx
Aa_aA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2012, 11:24 AM   #16 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
Default

I have 4.0.4 and Flash Player 11 works fine.

I upgraded with Odin from 3.2 to 4.0.4 and then installed Flash 11 from here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.adobe.flashplayer&feature=search_re sult&rdid=com.adobe.flashplayer&rdot=1

I hope it works for you.
Macz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2012, 10:14 AM   #17 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default All my apps stop working after upgrade to 4.0.4

Hello, I have a problem with my galaxy tab 10.1 gen 1. After I upgrade to android 4.0.4, I can't open all of my applications (always force close). Can someone help me please? If I re-install the application, it works normally but I can't uninstall and install them because I have so many apps. Is it possible if I downgrading my android? Or do you have any alternative? Thank you
chmartin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2013, 03:37 PM   #18 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Im having problems after the latest update to android, mainly with sound where the earphones no longer work and the mute button doesnt work either.

Not the end of the world but annoying.

Would like to restore to a previous version but alas it would seem not possible. I am using a galaxay note 10.1 if that helps and the androis version is now at 4.1.1
broker81 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 08:39 PM   #19 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 4.0.4 version not working on skype

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfksc View Post
You can't downgrade with stock Android because the software checks for older firmware when trying to 'update' with an older version.

You can however use Odin and ClockWorkMod to flash custom recovery and then use CWM to flash an older firmware. I've done similar things in the past with phones and the Tab should be capable of doing it too. Specifics for your exact model are available via Google.

However, I find ICS v4.0.4 runs great on my tablet. What issues are you having that make you want to downgrade? Perhaps we can help?
My new updated tab to version 4.0.4 has given me problems with skype...with the old version, it was working, now I am having problems with video call in skype. I can see the one I am talking to but he cant see me (he is using a computer, before skype is working peoperly, until I updated my software). Can you help me with this pls? Thanks a lot
ako_si_maria is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2013, 07:41 AM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bfksc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,256
 
Device(s): Rugby Pro LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 200 Times in 169 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmartin View Post
Hello, I have a problem with my galaxy tab 10.1 gen 1. After I upgrade to android 4.0.4, I can't open all of my applications (always force close). Can someone help me please? If I re-install the application, it works normally but I can't uninstall and install them because I have so many apps. Is it possible if I downgrading my android? Or do you have any alternative? Thank you
It's a bit of a hassle, but I recommend you do a factory reset. It will wipe all the settings and apps from your Tab and reset all parameters to default. Then you can go to the Play store and look at the apps you had installed before and select the specific apps you want and install them again.
bfksc is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 31st, 2013, 07:42 AM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bfksc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,256
 
Device(s): Rugby Pro LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 200 Times in 169 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ako_si_maria View Post
My new updated tab to version 4.0.4 has given me problems with skype...with the old version, it was working, now I am having problems with video call in skype. I can see the one I am talking to but he cant see me (he is using a computer, before skype is working peoperly, until I updated my software). Can you help me with this pls? Thanks a lot
Where did you get the update? Is it the official Samsung update or a third-party update like CyanogenMod?
bfksc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2013, 08:13 PM   #22 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Help Please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfksc View Post
You can't downgrade with stock Android because the software checks for older firmware when trying to 'update' with an older version.

You can however use Odin and ClockWorkMod to flash custom recovery and then use CWM to flash an older firmware. I've done similar things in the past with phones and the Tab should be capable of doing it too. Specifics for your exact model are available via Google.

However, I find ICS v4.0.4 runs great on my tablet. What issues are you having that make you want to downgrade? Perhaps we can help?
Hey guys, i too am experiencing issues since this upgrade recently.
My wifi tends to drop out from time to time, some applications stop responding and images are not being displayed in the correct size or manner. I have factory reset twice now and i have been unsuccessful to return the galaxy tab 10.1 back to "out of the box" purchase state.
Im finding that Youtube buffers alot, yet i can stream other media from online without any issues. Im stuck... for an windows pro i am stuck on any idea of what to do next. Your help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance
Mooshie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:44 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.