Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 23rd, 2013, 11:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Using your Tab as a wireles Mouse and Keyboard?

Im looking for a way to lay in bed or on the couch and use my galaxy tab as a wireless mouse and keyboard to my PC or laptop. I was looking for something that would disable wallpapers and video on the tablet only (without effecting the host computer). I have alternating wallpapers as my background, so it kind of lags the refresh rate. I would need the screen to be fully vizable through the tablet (minus the background and videos) as I would like to use while Im outside. My PC is hooked up to my receiver and speakers so I can play music while Im doin a BBQ outside or working in the yard. I play a lot of anime and so I'd like to be able to just navigate the UI of the mediaplayer open but have just a blacked screen where the video is supposed to be on the tablet. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have tried logmein, but the lag is pretty bad and had no specific disable features (IE video, background/wallpaper, etc...) for the tablet device. it was pretty much just Host screen on or off.
I also looked into Wyse PocketCloud Pro. This seemed to be the best next option, but again, lacks the disable features that I'd be looking for.
PhoneMyPC seemed to be the next option, but again, lacks the speed and disable features Im looking for.
For the specific reason Im wanting it, the app could be restricted to Home Netowork as I would only be using it at home and does not need file transfer capabilities or anything like that. If the speed is smooth enough disable features are not absolutely necessary, but I figure playing an anime or movie on the host computer and seeing it on the tablet could only resault in lag, if not a full crash of the app.

I have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 Rooted

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old January 25th, 2013, 03:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Sony Xperia SP, HTC Desire S, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
Carrier: Vodafone UK

Send a message via Skype™ to jaypeecee

Hi varxtis,

Check out Splashtop 2.

JPC

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1