Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 24th, 2013, 05:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Galaxy S4 AP:I9505XXUDMH8. Galaxy Tab SM-T800. Galaxy Tab 101 Original Three Samsung laptops
Carrier: EE

Default Syncing direction Outlook Calendar to SIII

I use Samsung Kies to synchronise Outlook calendar with my Galaxy Tab 10.1and also my Galaxy SIII. I had set up in the past for the sync direction to be FROM Outlook but there was a recent update to Kies that I feel has created my problem.
The direction has been sending the Outlook calendar to the Galaxy SIII and has always worked successfully BUT the last time I synced the direction was reversed from previously the SIII to Outlook, which was a disaster as I had deleted all of the calendar content on the SIII and therefore with the syncing going the other way I was left with a completely empty Outlook calendar which was a catastrophe for me as there were many, many entries within it.

I have now resurrected the Outlook calendar and now wish to synchronise both my Galaxy tab and my Galaxy SIII. I have looked into Kies and cannot locate the syncing direction for the calendar. It does display the syncing direction for Contacts but not the calendar. Any pointers?

Advertisements
The Following User Says Thank You to wunay For This Useful Post:
pincolotje (April 28th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old April 28th, 2013, 04:56 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Angry similar problem

I have a similar problem: since the last update of Kies, the sync is only working one way: if i put a shedule in my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, it does come into my outlook. But when i change this appointment in my outlook (f.e. the hours or so) and want to sync, the appointment in de Samsung Galaxy Note 2 disappears . This is a catastrophe for me ... it would be a great job if Samsung would put the update of Kies back to the version i had a month ago !!!
Old July 18th, 2013, 01:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s):

Exclamation Kies won't let me change calendar sync direction

Has anyone found a fix for this? My Kies software also changed the sync direction for my Outlook calendar. I set it up last year to sync ONLY FROM Outlook TO my phone. Worked great. Then, without me making changes, all sorts of duplicates appeared in last sync. So I deleted the calendar entries on my phone and tried to synch my master calendar from Outlook back onto phone. At that point, I noticed Kies disabled the ability to change the sync direction... it's stuck on sync BOTH ways, and greyed out so I can't change it. I thought maybe I should sync once and it would ignore the blank phone calendar while just pushing my Outlook calendar back onto the phone, but it seems to be saying that it's going to delete my Outlook calendar, which would be a massive disaster. Huge problem!

I'm seeing similar comments from others so this seems to be a Kies bug. Wish I hadn't updated to the latest version now! Has anyone found a workaround using Kies?

Please don't suggest using Google calendar or buying a different software... there are reasons I have to use Kies, so can't change that.

What I've tried so far:
  • Updated Kies to latest version
  • Closed Outlook
  • Restarted computer
  • Googled for answers (found none)
Old September 5th, 2013, 06:30 AM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy S2 Galaxy S3 Note 10.1 3G

Default Transfering s-planner data workaround

I had a similar issue with newer versions of Kies so I looked online for some old versions and I came across Old Version Downloads - OldApps.com

I found this version worked best:
2.5.0.12094_27 (Download Samsung Kies 2.5.0.12094 - OldApps.com)

You will need to uninstall your newer Kies version first as it won't let you go back in versions.

By simply using the import/export function I had what I required. I first exported the data I wanted i.e. s-planner (calendar), contacts etc. I then connected the new phone and imported the data.

I did go through quite a few versions before I found the one with the best functionality for my needs. If this one is not right for you they have most versions dating back 3 years.

Hope this helps

wagonweel
Old October 17th, 2013, 08:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunay View Post
I use Samsung Kies to synchronise Outlook calendar with my Galaxy Tab 10.1and also my Galaxy SIII. I had set up in the past for the sync direction to be FROM Outlook but there was a recent update to Kies that I feel has created my problem.
The direction has been sending the Outlook calendar to the Galaxy SIII and has always worked successfully BUT the last time I synced the direction was reversed from previously the SIII to Outlook, which was a disaster as I had deleted all of the calendar content on the SIII and therefore with the syncing going the other way I was left with a completely empty Outlook calendar which was a catastrophe for me as there were many, many entries within it.

I have now resurrected the Outlook calendar and now wish to synchronise both my Galaxy tab and my Galaxy SIII. I have looked into Kies and cannot locate the syncing direction for the calendar. It does display the syncing direction for Contacts but not the calendar. Any pointers?
Wunay, how did you restore your calendar in the outlook or in samsung?
I'm using S3 mini, i deleted by samsung calendar and sync to my outlook. Boom!, my outlook calendar entries were deleted. I don't have a back-up for both.
Pls. anyone help me. FYI, i'm using the latest version of the samsung kies.
Old November 2nd, 2013, 03:01 AM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greens View Post
Has anyone found a fix for this? My Kies software also changed the sync direction for my Outlook calendar. I set it up last year to sync ONLY FROM Outlook TO my phone. Worked great. Then, without me making changes, all sorts of duplicates appeared in last sync. So I deleted the calendar entries on my phone and tried to synch my master calendar from Outlook back onto phone. At that point, I noticed Kies disabled the ability to change the sync direction... it's stuck on sync BOTH ways, and greyed out so I can't change it. I thought maybe I should sync once and it would ignore the blank phone calendar while just pushing my Outlook calendar back onto the phone, but it seems to be saying that it's going to delete my Outlook calendar, which would be a massive disaster. Huge problem![/LIST]
I had the same issue, and this workaround solution worked for me:
go to Tools|Preferences Device tab, click the schedule checkbox and click Inititalize Syncing Log button.
This tells Kies to ignore any previously established connection between the phone's calendar entries (which have all been deleted) and those in Outlook.
Then when you sync, the Outlook contacts will all be downloaded to the phone and voila you are in sync again.
I realize this is not the solution you want exactly, but i hope it helps some people out there.
Tags
sync direction, sync outlook

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1