Thanks all for the information above - I have tonight got my flash working on my Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0). One bit I struggled with and I dont think is clear in the above is that once the flash is downloaded you have to activate it on the tab before it will work - it's not automatic. Here is the process I followed, sorry if it is repeating any of the above. Good Luck!
1. choose the internet and try a website that has flash content. Try channel 4OD in the UK (i was getting BBC iplayer to work before i installed flash so it might not be a good indicator).
On channel 4OD if you click on any video to play, if flash isnt present it should say you dont have flash or something similar.
2. you can also check to see if you have flash installed. go to
settings - applications manager - downloaded.
If Adobe Flash isn't in the list, you havent got it.
3. For this step, a forum i read says you need to do this. I dont know what it is or if you really need it but I downloaded it anyway.
go to the 'play store' icon - search for 'apk installer'
i downloaded 'graphilos studio' version (it is free & was top of the list of results)
this will now appear as a new app if you swipe through your screens
4. next go to settings - security - unknown sources, and untick this.
this allows you to download stuff from outside the app stores etc
5. go back to the internet and search for 'flash archived versions'
the top result in google should be
Archived Flash Player versions
load this page
scroll down the page until you get to the subsection
"flash player for android 4.0 archives"
i chose and clicked on the latest version & it download automatically.
6. This is the bit i struggled to find
Go back in to 'settings - storage - downloads'. In here you should now see the flash you have just downloaded. YOU need to activate it. click on it and it does it automatically.
7. Now reset your download security in 'settings - security - unknown sources'. Put the tick back in the box.
8. now choose 'settings - applications'. If all has gone well, in the list you should now see adobe flash player.
9. The final step is to test it out on the website that wasn't working before eg channel 4od and hopefully it will now work.
I hope this helps