Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 28th, 2012, 12:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default New user

Hey all I just purchased the samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1. I haven't played with it much but was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on it.
and if anyone knows if it will be getting Jelly Bean

sponsored links
Old August 28th, 2012, 01:15 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7, LG Motion 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

I have the 7inch version which is basically the same thing just smaller. I gotta say I love mine and use it all the time. It has pretty much replaced my laptop, e-reader, and desktop for many things.

As far as JB goes there where rumors we where going to get it this month, but it never did release. There is nothing official but it would greatly surprise me if jb was not released for the Galaxy Tab 2's.

There more then capable of handling it and have only been out a few months now. There pretty popular tablets so I would think they will end up getting the update.

Might be as simple as Samsung is waiting for sales to die down to release or for the competition to start releasing it. That way they can market the tablet with JB on it kinda freshen it up like the Galaxy Tab Student Edition did.
Old August 28th, 2012, 01:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505, Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Carrier: 3 Ireland

As HotRoderX stated, the Tab is a great little performer, certainly not the fastest or most capable of the tablets that are available, but that is always the way of things these days.

I use mine daily and love it, and as has been stated before, has pretty much taken over as my main tool for anything internet, relaxing etc.

It is fantastic for watching movies, providing that you use something other than the stock player. I use MX Player, simple, effective and supports a wide variety of formats.

For reading books, there are some great readers out there on the Play Store. I personally use FB Reader, although i find the Tablet a tad heavy in the Samsung hardcase, so i will be getting a Kindle for this.

As for Jellybean. The Tablet is more than capable of running Jellybean. I am currently running CyanogenMod10 4.1.1 which is a Custom ROM build of Jellybean [WIP] and runs super smooth, you do however need your tablet to be rooted which is not to everyones liking.

It's only a matter of time before JB is released.

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1