Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Find everything you need for the Galaxy S5 and discuss it in our S5 forum!
Have you seen that OnePlus One's awesome camera?? The forum is over here!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 31st, 2012, 08:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 6
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S x2 Samsung Galaxy 2 10.1 Tablet
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default How do I remove lock screen password?

A couple of days ago I wished to access the wifi at Uni on my Samsung Galaxy2 Tablet, wasn't sure how to go about it so another classmate did it for me, in doing so the program(XpressConnect) asked for a password code, we tried bypassing the option but it wouldn't allow me so put in a code not realising that it was actually a password to unlock my tablet.

I've gone into security settings, screen lock and attempted to disable it but there is no option for that, the swipe and none options are greyed and not sure what other way there is of removing the stupid password code, I just want to be able to swipe it open again.

Hope someone can help.

MrsWallacey is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 1st, 2012, 03:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ireland
Gender: Male
Posts: 140
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505, Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Carrier: 3 Ireland

Thanks: 8
Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsWallacey View Post
A couple of days ago I wished to access the wifi at Uni on my Samsung Galaxy2 Tablet, wasn't sure how to go about it so another classmate did it for me, in doing so the program(XpressConnect) asked for a password code, we tried bypassing the option but it wouldn't allow me so put in a code not realising that it was actually a password to unlock my tablet.

I've gone into security settings, screen lock and attempted to disable it but there is no option for that, the swipe and none options are greyed and not sure what other way there is of removing the stupid password code, I just want to be able to swipe it open again.

Hope someone can help.
Uninstall XpressConnect.
Romulous is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 06:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 6
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S x2 Samsung Galaxy 2 10.1 Tablet
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hate to point out the obvious, I uninstalled XpressConnect, the password code is still activated!
MrsWallacey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 07:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ireland
Gender: Male
Posts: 140
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505, Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Carrier: 3 Ireland

Thanks: 8
Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsWallacey View Post
Hate to point out the obvious, I uninstalled XpressConnect, the password code is still activated!
8) That's ok, but you 'didn't' point out the obvious.

So, Settings > Lock Screen > Screen Security > Screen Lock > None, is not working for you?

Go into Password, enter and confirm password then select none to disable it.

Romulous is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Romulous For This Useful Post:
LaughSing (November 8th, 2012)
Old September 1st, 2012, 08:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 6
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S x2 Samsung Galaxy 2 10.1 Tablet
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

No I didn't point it out, but to me it's obviously what you would attempt first.

When I go into settings> lock screen> clock that's all I have

Security> screen lock> confirm pin> pattern/pin/password are the only options available> pin> can enter pin but no option to select none or disable
MrsWallacey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 04:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ireland
Gender: Male
Posts: 140
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505, Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Carrier: 3 Ireland

Thanks: 8
Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsWallacey View Post
No I didn't point it out, but to me it's obviously what you would attempt first.

When I go into settings> lock screen> clock that's all I have

Security> screen lock> confirm pin> pattern/pin/password are the only options available> pin> can enter pin but no option to select none or disable
If you enter the PIN will it allow you to change or disable it?

I install XpressConnect to see if i could replicate the issue, but i couldnt even get it to run without FC which kinda backs up the poor reviews the app received.
Romulous is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 03:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 6
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S x2 Samsung Galaxy 2 10.1 Tablet
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
If you enter the PIN will it allow you to change or disable it?
No wouldn't allow me to do that either. Ended up sending an email to Samsung tech support and they gave me several options which inluding removing the host email address, but seeing as I hadn't set one up that wasn't applicable, my final option was a hard reset which I did last night after doing a back up. Not happy I now have to re-install my apps but as the other half pointed out, perhaps now I can use it optimally by only having the ones installed I really want.

Thanks for your help
MrsWallacey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 04:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ireland
Gender: Male
Posts: 140
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505, Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Carrier: 3 Ireland

Thanks: 8
Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsWallacey View Post
No wouldn't allow me to do that either. Ended up sending an email to Samsung tech support and they gave me several options which inluding removing the host email address, but seeing as I hadn't set one up that wasn't applicable, my final option was a hard reset which I did last night after doing a back up. Not happy I now have to re-install my apps but as the other half pointed out, perhaps now I can use it optimally by only having the ones installed I really want.

Thanks for your help
Damn.

Sorry i couldn't be more helpful. 8)

I've had to go through the pain myself of having to factory reset to get something to work properly, especially when it probably shoud be so simple.

If your tablet is rooted, you might want to install something like ROM Manager to do a full backup of your tab at regular intervals.

This would save you having to reinstall the biggest portion of your apps and data.

If you have a fast broadband connection i wouldn't worry too much as all your apps will be saved on Play store, which means that syncing with your google account will install most of them.
Romulous is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 04:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 6
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S x2 Samsung Galaxy 2 10.1 Tablet
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

It's more re-installing all my passwords and websites on opera that's a pain and add to that, starting games from the start again when you were almost finished them arrgghhh
MrsWallacey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 03:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ireland
Gender: Male
Posts: 140
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505, Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Carrier: 3 Ireland

Thanks: 8
Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsWallacey View Post
It's more re-installing all my passwords and websites on opera that's a pain and add to that, starting games from the start again when you were almost finished them arrgghhh
Can't you sync your Bookmarks and passwords to opera mobile?
Romulous is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 7th, 2012, 07:00 AM   #11 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsWallacey View Post
It's more re-installing all my passwords and websites on opera that's a pain and add to that, starting games from the start again when you were almost finished them arrgghhh
what u do...settings/security/click the pattern or password...when it opens cancel it....go back to security....swipe is now available....choose swipe....to swipe the lock open on lock screen...first screen......and walllaaaa..Should u want to put another password...security/password...etc...hope it helps
jppottie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2012, 07:01 AM   #12 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

what u do...settings/security/click the pattern or password...when it opens cancel it....go back to security....swipe is now available....choose swipe....to swipe the lock open on lock screen...first screen......and walllaaaa..Should u want to put another password...security/password...etc...hope it helps
jppottie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2012, 10:50 AM   #13 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jppottie View Post
what u do...settings/security/click the pattern or password...when it opens cancel it....go back to security....swipe is now available....choose swipe....to swipe the lock open on lock screen...first screen......and walllaaaa..Should u want to put another password...security/password...etc...hope it helps



Thank you , thank you !!!!!
Right on time!!!
chikita is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 05:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

To downgrade the security I realised that my sd card was marked as encrypted so once I unchecked the options and clicked confirm it then allowed me to downgrade security to a swipe pattern
x081geoff is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.