Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 14th, 2012, 04:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Copy and Paste Problem

Hi,
I have a relatively new Galaxy Tab 2 and it was fine until the android update. Then I stopped being able to copy and paste - it wouldn't work, the clipboard wouldn't open and every ap I tried it in crashed.

I bought the tablet for studying so this was a massive issue. After googling it seems to be a fairly common problem. The options seemed to be rooting - and I didnt understand the instructions enough to give that a try - or a 'hard reset'. I wasn't entirely sure what hard reset was but backed everything up and did a factory reset from the settings menu.

This worked for about half an hour, sob, and now while the copy function technically works, it shuts down the whole tablet. Everything goes off, internet is disconnected, task manager wiped and takes 30s or so to come back on and get working again. Oddly it will then paste what I want it to!

I really don't have time for this and am so fed up (last year of my degree, three young kids, work - you get the picture). I don't know if I can return it based on this issue. I just want the stupid going to work - that's not a lot to ask is it? Anyone else experienced this or have any ideas?

Ty

sponsored links
Old March 22nd, 2013, 11:02 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Victory, LG Optimus V, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 SE (GT-P3113) 4.1.1, A600(USB)
Carrier: Virgin Mobile, Cricket

I recently encountered this problem also, right after upgrading to 4.1.1 (!) It seems that copying and pasting (in my case, using Chrome) from the keyboard clipboard caused my tablet to reboot. It happened multiple times.
The only work around I found was to delete some of the saved text in the clipboard. So far, it's worked but I haven't tried it extensively yet. Crossing my fingers.

And yep, Googling seems to turn this up as a long standing Samsung issue.

It appears to arise from Samsungís TouchWiz code getting upset if it sees too many items in the clipboard folder, since deleting the folderís contents prevents the bug.

While the Jellybean 4.1.2 update is reported to fix the problem, itís not yet available for all devices.

Samsung under fire over copy-paste bricking ? The Register
Last edited by AnciusD; March 22nd, 2013 at 11:08 AM.
Old March 25th, 2013, 02:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): Tab 2 10.1 (non rooted)
Carrier: I carry mine around with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnciusD View Post
While the Jellybean 4.1.2 update is reported to fix the problem, itís not yet available for all devices.
I would be shocked if we see anymore updates to the Tab2 10.1 past 4.1.1. Samsung has a horrible historical record for updates to products.

New 10.1's (Tab 3 ???) will be coming out later this year and older products will be relegated to the back burner.
Tags
copy paste crash

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1