Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 21st, 2012, 10:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 15
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Stylus won't work

I've been wanting a stylus so I can write notes in class a little quicker. My mom's company sells them for cell phones and she was told their stylus's work on tablets too. Not true. I can't use it on my tablet and it doesn't work on my android phone either. The only thing I know to check is the keyboard settings and the handwriting stuff looks fine. Is there something else I need to do? Or should I be checking into a different stylus? If so, how do I know what kind? Thanks for any help!

Advertisements
jstabe is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 21st, 2012, 10:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: South Africa
Gender: Male
Posts: 262
 
Device(s): GT-P5100
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 37 Times in 36 Posts
Default

I finally settled on on the Adonit JotPro with FreeNote for notes and Writer to do e-mails
I only need basic sketches and Skecth Free works fine

As I work in Forestry, workplaces are outdoors so I have a screen protector on as well
Bosbouer is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bosbouer For This Useful Post:
jstabe (November 21st, 2012)
Old November 21st, 2012, 04:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 15
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosbouer View Post
I finally settled on on the Adonit JotPro with FreeNote for notes and Writer to do e-mails
I only need basic sketches and Skecth Free works fine

As I work in Forestry, workplaces are outdoors so I have a screen protector on as well
I tried LectureNotes and several other documents, but the stylus doesn't work at all.
jstabe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 08:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
CarrieK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 784
 
Device(s): SGS3, EVO 3D, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 491
Thanked 424 Times in 283 Posts
Default

Hi, I don't know if you've figured out what was wrong yet, but you may want to check what type of stylus you got. For these devices, you need a capacitve stylus. If the packaging says it is compatible with iThingys then you're good. The ones that work for some phones and hand-held games such as the Nintendo DS won't work on these. I went through the same thing when looking for one.

Hope this helps,
Carrie
CarrieK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 09:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 15
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieK View Post
Hi, I don't know if you've figured out what was wrong yet, but you may want to check what type of stylus you got. For these devices, you need a capacitve stylus. If the packaging says it is compatible with iThingys then you're good. The ones that work for some phones and hand-held games such as the Nintendo DS won't work on these. I went through the same thing when looking for one.

Hope this helps,
Carrie
Thank you! She did grab the wrong kind. She's going to pick me up a capacitive stylus at work tomorrow.
jstabe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 10:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
CarrieK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 784
 
Device(s): SGS3, EVO 3D, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 491
Thanked 424 Times in 283 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstabe View Post
Thank you! She did grab the wrong kind. She's going to pick me up a capacitive stylus at work tomorrow.
Great! Glad it isn't something more serious
CarrieK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 10:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 15
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieK View Post
Great! Glad it isn't something more serious
Me too!
jstabe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:48 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.