Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Tab 2 10.1 (non rooted)
Carrier: I carry mine around with me

Default WiFi issue question

This past Summer I was able to log in on our company WiFi with the Tab 2 10.1 and also my Samsung Infuse phone, using my login ID and password. When I went back in the Fall (I only work as a seasonal employee) I could connect with the Infuse phone (login info saved) but could not login with the Tab 2.

Information for the site was saved the same as the phone but it would not connect. Tried to "forget" the site and log back in manually but it still would not connect or receive an IP address. Can't remember exactly what message it gave me though.

My basic question, is there any other place in the tablet that I can go to delete the login info and attempt a reconnect. Going back to work for a couple of months in Feb. and would like to be able to use the tablet while in the break room.

Phone is using Gingerbread and the Tab 2 10.1 prior to last nights update to Jelly Bean, was using ICS 4.0.4. Don't think that I had 4.0.4 this past summer (not sure) and I wonder if the updates might have changed something internally. All other WiFi sites have never given me any issues when I go away and then come back to them, just this work one.

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old January 9th, 2013, 01:06 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Try a static IP instead of the DHCP

Yeah this issue can be pretty frustrating. Youíre lucky itís at work and not at home .

In any case you do often want to use Wi-Fi when you can that way you donít use up your cellular data (and itís faster). Check out How to fix issues connecting to Wi-Fi on an android phone.

It sounds like you might need to use a static IP instead of the DHCP for your particular issue. (Which gets covered and it explains how to actually do it in that post). You might need to talk to your network admin though to get the network specific settings.

Good luck my friend.

~James~
Old January 9th, 2013, 01:30 AM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): GT-P5100
Carrier: Not Provided

It could be that your workplace network will not allow two logins with the same credentials. They have different internal device IDs. Delete both networks on your devices then setup on the Tablet first

Spikes
Old January 9th, 2013, 01:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Tab 2 10.1 (non rooted)
Carrier: I carry mine around with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosbouer View Post
It could be that your workplace network will not allow two logins with the same credentials. They have different internal device IDs. Delete both networks on your devices then setup on the Tablet first

Spikes
Thought about that but I had them both on during the summer when I was there. I'll be back there on Monday of next week and will try that and see. Thanks.

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1