Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 14th, 2013, 08:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HTC One
Carrier: Three UK

Default Just bought one

Hey guys, just ordered myself the GT2 as a replacement for my ageing Archos tablet which I used mainly as an ereader.. any tips for me and apps that are a must have?

sponsored links
Old January 16th, 2013, 12:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Droid X CM9 for now, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5113 Stock Rooted OTA 4.1.1
Carrier: Verizon (for now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkas View Post
Hey guys, just ordered myself the GT2 as a replacement for my ageing Archos tablet which I used mainly as an ereader.. any tips for me and apps that are a must have?

A forum search would most likely reveal many apps for use. All of which you would need to try to see if it will "fit" you. The Play store also has many apps. As a word of advice, you should try to look for apps that are Tablet specific, as these have been written just for that purpose.

Happy findings.
Old January 18th, 2013, 08:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P5113 JB 4.1.1
Carrier: Wi-Fi

Default Re: Just bought one

After only a month, I'm no expert, but so far my must-have apps would be ES File Explorer, RockPlayer2, Dolphin Browser, IMDB, and FlipBoard. In no particular order.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk HD
Old January 19th, 2013, 03:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HTC One
Carrier: Three UK

Had it a few days and getting to grips with it, still can't get the bugger to connect with my computer/kies so just been using myphoneexplorer. Finding that I'm barely turning the computer on now, going to recommend we buy these in for work rather than laptops or pc's
Old January 19th, 2013, 07:14 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkas View Post
Had it a few days and getting to grips with it, still can't get the bugger to connect with my computer/kies so just been using myphoneexplorer. Finding that I'm barely turning the computer on now, going to recommend we buy these in for work rather than laptops or pc's
For the whole Kies thing to work, you will need to install the Samsung drivers. Kies is SUPPOSED to do it, but sometimes rooted tablets don't play nice with Kies. You should still be able to connect/transfer files to/from it accessing your explorer.
Old January 19th, 2013, 08:18 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Machinarium
Anotherworld
World snooker
Aptoide - thismis a must...
Blakpt maerket
Snapseed
Flipboard
Google currents
Hd widgets
Fancy widgsts
Beautiful widgets
Bombshells
Pxlr finepix
Amazing alaex
Angry birds
Shadowgun
Topgear
Firefox
Dolphin
My piano
Trace a face
Colour booth..

Just some ive got that work..
The Following User Says Thank You to thequeenscheese For This Useful Post:
Wilkas (January 21st, 2013)
Old January 28th, 2013, 06:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s): Inc 4G, Inc 2, Org Inc, Eris
Carrier: Not Provided

Well after many months of debating about going down the tablet road, I finally decided to pull the trigger. I am an android guy and from all the reviews I read, this is the tablet I decided on. I have to say, it is a very nice piece of equipment, however after having it for a week I have decided it really was not worth the purchase. I told myself while using it I would not purchase a blue tooth keyboard. For me if I attached a keyboard to it, it isn't anything different then having my netbook in my lap. It is nice if you just want to look something up quick, but I can also do this with my phone. I guess if I did a lot of social networking or steaming movies, or even playing games maybe I would have a different opinion. I am a developer for a living, so being on the PC all day at work, I just get home and don't really feel like even being on a PC. So for me, this purchase just wasn't worth it.
Like I said, I love the tablet. It's well built, it seems very snappy, it runs the latest Android, I really like the remote app, even though I don’t use it because I have a Harmony Remote already.

Even though I could just return it to the store, I’ll probably just hang onto it. If I use it I do if I don’t oh well. I only bought it to see what all the hype of a tablet was. I am sure for many it is very useful.
Old January 28th, 2013, 07:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
Well after many months of debating about going down the tablet road, I finally decided to pull the trigger. I am an android guy and from all the reviews I read, this is the tablet I decided on. I have to say, it is a very nice piece of equipment, however after having it for a week I have decided it really was not worth the purchase. I told myself while using it I would not purchase a blue tooth keyboard. For me if I attached a keyboard to it, it isn't anything different then having my netbook in my lap. It is nice if you just want to look something up quick, but I can also do this with my phone. I guess if I did a lot of social networking or steaming movies, or even playing games maybe I would have a different opinion. I am a developer for a living, so being on the PC all day at work, I just get home and don't really feel like even being on a PC. So for me, this purchase just wasn't worth it.
Like I said, I love the tablet. It's well built, it seems very snappy, it runs the latest Android, I really like the remote app, even though I donít use it because I have a Harmony Remote already.

Even though I could just return it to the store, Iíll probably just hang onto it. If I use it I do if I donít oh well. I only bought it to see what all the hype of a tablet was. I am sure for many it is very useful.
Man I wish I could have that kind of money, where I could just leave a device lying around and use it if I want too, and only buy it cuz I wanted to see what all the hype was about! lol

All joking aside, I see how you feel. The tablet is not for everyone. Some are Ipad (cough cough...I'm choking cuz i said that) fans, some are Android fans (I feel a lot better saying that than Iiii...Ippppp...gosh so hard to say!) and some are laptop fans. Just depends on what your needs are I guess.

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1