May 13th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: May 2013
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Help - wifi drops out or resets constantly on Tab 2 and S3
I am tearing my hair out trying to stay connected to hotel wifi system on my new Tab 2 and also my older S3. yet my boyfriend's iPad and HTC phone both work perfectly and I've checked with hotel who use Android for all their wireless IT with no issues.
- Facebook and Play store time out, hang and tell me connection was reset.
- I can't send outgoing email on hotmail or gmail but can on boyfriend's iPad. Also can't use hotmail via browser, it doesn't allow me to type in password, nothing appears on screen.
- deleting and reinstating email accounts but still getting Send Failed
- downloading a wifi analyser but the Play store hangs when I press install
- turning on and off, restarting etc
- clearing caches and data
- uninstall AVG
I don't know if it's Samsung specific, all my apps are pretty normal. I have Android Assitant and a few games. I have searched online for fixes but can work none out.
I can live without it this week but I bought the Tab specifically for email and Fb updates on the move only two weeks ago. It worked fine on home wifi. Hotel system involves entering a password for access but it's so intermitten. My S3 always connects like a dream normally to any network but there's obviously an issue here but unless anyone can suggest why this is happening I'd struggle to be confident about relying on these again and so may have to return it.
And factory restore will delete everything for rest of our holiday I guess? I'd be so grateful for any help. Thank you.