Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 28th, 2012, 09:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Tab 2 7.0 & SKYPE and general Problems

It has been almost a week since the Tab 2 was released and sufficient time for those of us who received it, to put it to some limited use. I have been more than happy with mine for my limited requirements. BUT, couple of things I have to complain about - mainly because of my ignorance of a tablet use:

1. Lack of a decent User Guide
2. Even after a complete shutdown and fresh startup again, I find that the browser still RETAINS the last used browser web details! So much so I am unable to bookmark shortcuts to individual sites for instant call-up, instead of having to retype the address each time. What am I doing wrong?
3. Can SKYPE be used with Tab 2 for videocalls? I find it is not one of the recognised devices or am I doing something wrong? How and where do I get setup and user guide?
4. Using USB cable with my Windows 7 laptop, I transferred couple of tracks music, as a test case. I tried to play the installed Music Player, but NO Luck ! How do I go about playing the music?
5. I downloaded 2 books in Kindle format and tapped on the Kindle App, but it did not find the downloaded books obviously. So how do I use the app?

I will be very much obliged for guidance and useful comments.

Advertisements
The Following User Says Thank You to vijaykhai For This Useful Post:
artbytes (June 3rd, 2012)
sponsored links
Old April 29th, 2012, 12:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s):

Sounds like a nightmare! Try to restore it or something and get back with good news!
Old April 30th, 2012, 11:24 AM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3 CM11
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaykhai View Post
It has been almost a week since the Tab 2 was released and sufficient time for those of us who received it, to put it to some limited use. I have been more than happy with mine for my limited requirements. BUT, couple of things I have to complain about - mainly because of my ignorance of a tablet use:

2. Even after a complete shutdown and fresh startup again, I find that the browser still RETAINS the last used browser web details! So much so I am unable to bookmark shortcuts to individual sites for instant call-up, instead of having to retype the address each time. What am I doing wrong?
3. Can SKYPE be used with Tab 2 for videocalls? I find it is not one of the recognised devices or am I doing something wrong? How and where do I get setup and user guide?
4. Using USB cable with my Windows 7 laptop, I transferred couple of tracks music, as a test case. I tried to play the installed Music Player, but NO Luck ! How do I go about playing the music?
5. I downloaded 2 books in Kindle format and tapped on the Kindle App, but it did not find the downloaded books obviously. So how do I use the app?

hopefully the clean wipe and maybe a system restore will help. As far as the charging issue i also had the same issue. I am using an MSI motherboard and one of the downloads available for it is called "supercharger" it makes it so that usb charging of tablets and such becomes possible via usb and pc. YOur kindle issue is one I also had. I downloaded the files str8 to the tablet using a torrent client and once downloaded i moved the books which should be in .mobi format straight into the kindle folder which should be on the internal sd card not the external one. once placed in there they will show up in your kindle app. I hope this info helped you.
The Following User Says Thank You to APOPHiS420 For This Useful Post:
vijaykhai (May 2nd, 2012)
Old May 6th, 2012, 12:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaykhai View Post

Make sure your mobi files are in the "kindle" folder on your tab or else the app will not read them.
Old May 14th, 2012, 03:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s):

Skype works just fine on the Tab 2. Installed it and used it with issue. it's great. It's best in portrait so the facing camera is at the top. Like any Skype connection, you need lots of band width, of cut the video.
Old May 14th, 2012, 03:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s):

That should have been "without issue" --sorry
Old June 3rd, 2012, 05:27 AM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s):

i can use the video call function of my skype with ease locally (philippines)but whenever i try to call my sister in singapore we cannot use the video call... i dont know why.. can you please help me? she's using a macbook and i'm using my galaxy tab 7.0 plus. :-) thanx!
Old June 3rd, 2012, 06:56 AM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Note 2 for sale
Carrier: Sprint

Skype works just fine for me, tested it at home to call my imac and it worked great
Old June 4th, 2012, 07:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

I used SKYPE (VIDEO) to call outside USA with good results.
Old July 25th, 2012, 04:04 AM   #10 (permalink)

Device(s):

Default skype

Quote:
Originally Posted by skep View Post
Skype works just fine for me, tested it at home to call my imac and it worked great
Where is the world did u get skype I have been trying to get it for several days without success

???
sponsored links
Old July 25th, 2012, 04:05 AM   #11 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexxcastle View Post
Make sure your mobi files are in the "kindle" folder on your tab or else the app will not read them.
====================

I tried a book from google books but it won't open i seem to need adobe.
any suggestions??
Old July 25th, 2012, 05:21 AM   #12 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by billp49 View Post
Where is the world did u get skype I have been trying to get it for several days without success

???
==================================
OK I was able to download skype.apk 8.7 mg I guess this is it.
It is on my laptop, guess I can use a pendrive to take it over to my tab 2 but have no idea what I do then.

??????????????
Old July 25th, 2012, 10:26 PM   #13 (permalink)

Device(s):

How come you can't find Skype in play store?
Old July 25th, 2012, 10:29 PM   #14 (permalink)

Device(s):

What are you talking about where did you get Skype.apk anyway? No need for pen drive.

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 2