Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ScandaLeX

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 1st, 2012, 10:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7, LG Motion 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Whats your Battery Life like?

When I was doing my research on different 7inch Tablets. It seemed like the number one complaint for the Galaxy 2 was the battery life being terrible. The other big complaint was the wireless was kinda weak on some tablets.

Whats your guys battery life look like? I am sitting on 1day 13hrs of off and on use. I do not power it down at night. All I do is turn the screen off since I use it as a alarm in the mornings.

I am thinking I will get at least another days worth of battery before it needs a charge. I am very happy with my battery life so far and cant see why people where upset. How are your guy experience with battery life?

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old August 6th, 2012, 01:29 AM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy I7500, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, Nokia C3 Nokia 2626

sriharshakiranp@gmail.com

I use Wi-fi for a few hours in a day and play few games in addition to Facebook and other websites browsing. I am also happy with the battery since I was told that you have to charge it one in a day but I don't have to for once in two to three days.

Hope it continues like this!
Old August 6th, 2012, 06:55 AM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s):

Battery life appears to be fine. However felt the WiFi signals picking is bit weak.
Old August 6th, 2012, 01:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, HTC EVO 3D

Battery life is great. I also found this app to make it better. It's called WifiOpti.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rejh.wifiopti&feature=search_result #?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5yZWpoLndpZmlvcHRpIl0.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 05:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyrios View Post
According to the description in the play store, this app is not intended to be a battery saver and for what it does, the tab already has this in settings. My wifi is set to come on when my tab is in use and off when it's not.
Jazzy79 likes this.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 05:21 AM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s):

If u r on 3g then u ll have a very less btry life...
Old September 3rd, 2012, 09:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manash_tab View Post
If u r on 3g then u ll have a very less btry life...
The OP's tablet is not 3G.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 10:00 AM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s): Motorola Droid Bionic, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, HTC Droid Incredible 4G

Even then, the only cellular-ready version of the GT2 is Verizon's new 4G model. The first generation Tab series had the 3G models for all the major carriers.

But since I brought up the Verizon 4G model, it's a safe bet that it will undoubtedly chew through battery power much faster than the Wi-Fi only version (based on how much more 4G consumes battery power on smartphones).
Old September 3rd, 2012, 10:11 AM   #9 (permalink)

Device(s): Motorola Droid Bionic, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, HTC Droid Incredible 4G

As for my experience with the GT2, I get between 5.5 - 6 hours of "screen on" time with each full charge.

During this time, I'm connected to my home wi-fi network. My most frequent activities are browsing the web on Chrome, watching YouTube videos, reading news feeds linked to Google Reader (which often involves opening links in Chrome), and using apps such as Facebook, IMDb, Songza, etc.

If I'm playing games, then I switch off wi-fi, but I'm playing games an average of 30 minutes straight (that Temple Run and Jewels Pro are addicting!).

Occasionally, I have Bluetooth active (but usually no wi-fi connection) because I'm connecting a Logitech keyboard and mouse for use in QuickOffice.

At night and when I know I won't be using the Tab for an extended period of time, I power down the unit. I also have the power saving mode permanently switched on, and I don't experience any lag in performance.

CNET's official benchmark puts the Tab 2 7.0 at around the 7 hour mark, but they tested it solely by looping a video file until the unit shut down. I believe they had wi-fi enabled too. Of course, the more you multi-task and the more apps you use, more power is used, and it all adds up in the end.

The reason I gave such a detailed breakdown of my usage is to establish the point that a reasonable estimate is 5.5 - 6 hours of battery life when using the tablet in a versatile but energy-conscious manner. Of course, your mileage may vary.

Hope this helps!
Old September 3rd, 2012, 02:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505, Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Carrier: 3 Ireland

i would be using my 2 10.1 more than my laptop these days, especially when taking lunch breaks in work etc, and i find the battery life to be fantastic, especially considering the size of the screen.

Obviously depending on what apps you are running, and potentially Custom ROMs for that matter may make a big difference to the overall longevity on one full charge.

I started playing some hidden object games, most of which require you to have a very bright screen as most of them would be portrayed in a very dismal/grimey fashion, and i certainly noticed that some of them would hog the old battery.
sponsored links
Old September 3rd, 2012, 03:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

My tablets usually run me about 10-11 hrs with WiFi & BT on. Lately I've been using power save options so I have them set to shut WiFi off when not in use. My screen is usally at it's lowest setting (right before it gets dim).

I'm not doing anything intense. I dont play power hungry games other than Words With Friends and Dream Heights. Other than that there may be some FB, plenty of forums, YouTube, HBO Go and Netflix.
Yesterday I installed TabletSMS for those times I dont feel like pulling my phone off the charger. Wonderful app I might add.

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 2