Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 12th, 2012, 08:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default tab shut off without warning, won't charge

I found it weird that it shut off out of no where.. I tried charging it and it's not charging.. It has an exclamation mark inside a triangle so I'm wondering if the battery died or something...

What does it mean and how can i fix it.. I never bought insurance but shouldn't i still be under warranty since it's only months old?

Edit: it turned back on after just leaving it in charger for a few minutes but it said it was at 19% before it shut off and now that's it's on again it said 34%.. even if it shut off, shouldn't it let me turn it on even with low battery while charged in? Is there something wrong with the battery.

Last edited by GamingForever; September 12th, 2012 at 08:40 PM.
sponsored links
Old September 12th, 2012, 08:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingForever View Post
I found it weird that it shut off out of no where.. I tried charging it and it's not charging.. It has an exclamation mark inside a triangle so I'm wondering if the battery died or something...

What does it mean and how can i fix it.. I never bought insurance but shouldn't i still be under warranty since it's only months old?

Edit: it turned back on after just leaving it in charger for a few minutes but it said it was at 19% before it shut off and now that's it's on again it said 34%.. even if it shut off, shouldn't it let me turn it on even with low battery while charged in? Is there something wrong with the battery.
I Would take it back to where you bought it and ask for a new one
Old September 12th, 2012, 09:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy Tab2 47 View Post
I Would take it back to where you bought it and ask for a new one
I can't... I'm way pass the return date.
Old September 13th, 2012, 08:21 AM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
I can't... I'm way pass the return date.
Call Samsung support 1-888-987-4357 ask for help.
Old September 14th, 2012, 02:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

Quote:

The only time I've gotten the triangle with an exclamation point was from using the wrong kernel or rom for my device. It shut off and wouldn't come back on until it was ready to. From that triangle screen I was able to enter Odin mode and flash it back to the correct rom and kernel.
What you describe sounds like a kernel panic in which it keeps powering down.

I don't know how comfortable you are with flashing. I'm not at my laptop right now but as soon as I get to it I could point you in the direction (XDA) of getting your tab running right again. Flashing is very easy.

In the event you're not inclined to flash, what store did you purchase your tab from?
Old September 14th, 2012, 06:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s):

Samsung has a 1 year warranty. First try a reset, this will erase all your apps and media content. If that don't work and If you didn't flash it I recommend you call Samsung for service.
Old September 16th, 2012, 10:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadberz View Post
Samsung has a 1 year warranty. First try a reset, this will erase all your apps and media content. If that don't work and If you didn't flash it I recommend you call Samsung for service.
I was worndering when I was posting if the OP tried to flash it resulting in the triangle.
Old September 17th, 2012, 05:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s):

The same thing was happening to my tablet - only had it one month - sent it back to Samsung and they emailed me this afternoon telling me the repairs were complete. It was not a hardware issues - they said it was a "software problem" - repairs were noted as "S/W upgrade - external factor". So I'm hoping that I'm back in service. Just wanted to let you know.
Old September 17th, 2012, 06:50 PM   #9 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHPNC View Post
The same thing was happening to my tablet - only had it one month - sent it back to Samsung and they emailed me this afternoon telling me the repairs were complete. It was not a hardware issues - they said it was a "software problem" - repairs were noted as "S/W upgrade - external factor". So I'm hoping that I'm back in service. Just wanted to let you know.
I hope they fixed it.
Old September 17th, 2012, 07:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHPNC View Post
Wonder what they mean exactly by "external factor?"
sponsored links

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 2