Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Find everything you need for the Galaxy S5 and discuss it in our S5 forum!
Have you seen that OnePlus One's awesome camera?? The forum is over here!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 7th, 2012, 07:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default SD Card help

hello every one i bought a samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 8gb, the problem is that i ran out of space on the device i bought an sd card, how do i move apps from my device memory to my sd card, and how do i install apps from google play to my sd card, if i try to buy apps it will load for a while then the system says low memory..help please

sponsored links
Old October 7th, 2012, 08:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by davejr2008 View Post
hello every one i bought a samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 8gb, the problem is that i ran out of space on the device i bought an sd card, how do i move apps from my device memory to my sd card, and how do i install apps from google play to my sd card, if i try to buy apps it will load for a while then the system says low memory..help please
Sorry this is not an option. The sd card is for files music and video's. Your App.s reside on your tablet memory.
Old October 8th, 2012, 12:59 AM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, Lenovo IdeaPad A1, Le Pan TC 970, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, KF HD 7
Carrier: Verizon

What I have done is to make sure that that their are no files on the internal memory which can be moved to the ext SD Card or are not needed. In Settings-Storage-Device memory mine shows 3.10 GB available and 4.59GB total space for a used space of 1.49 GB. The largest is Apps, 1.14 GB, Misc. Files 102 MB, Pictures, videos of 53 MB With the remianing storage catagories being less than 1 MB which totals 1.302 GB. I don't know what the other 0.19 MB is. The Apps storage includes every app in the tablet including my installed apps which total about 680 MB for 100 apps. I found a couple of large folders in device memory which contained apps. I tested the folders by deleting one app and then testing to see if the app still ran. After testing I deleted the folders. There are some apps which store content in the internal memory and do not have setup options to use the ext SD card.
Old October 8th, 2012, 11:30 AM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s):

Can anybody help me please?! My phone keeps filling this strange usb memory part on my phone rather than the normal memory of the sd card. So I connected it to my pc to try and move some stuff around to empty up some of this usb space. The problem is that when I open the file marked usb storage its empty?!!! How can I solve this strange issue?
Old October 8th, 2012, 11:46 AM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toriap View Post
Can anybody help me please?! My phone keeps filling this strange usb memory part on my phone rather than the normal memory of the sd card. So I connected it to my pc to try and move some stuff around to empty up some of this usb space. The problem is that when I open the file marked usb storage its empty?!!! How can I solve this strange issue?
I am thinking you would get quicker replies in the phone forum for your phone.
Old October 8th, 2012, 04:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s):

Get link2sd and gl to sd. Those apps will help solve your storage issues. You have to be rooted in order to use both apps though.
Old October 12th, 2012, 08:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Player 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, Samsung Epic 4g Touch (Sprint Galaxy S2)
Carrier: Iwireless (Sprint)

Quote:
You will probably get a better response if you post this in a new thread.
Old October 12th, 2012, 11:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung GS4 x 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 plus, Nexus 7 32gb

Thanked 1,162 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Welcome to the forums, Toriap.

Let me know what device via pm and I can help you move it to the right section. Or if I'm familiar with your device, maybe I can answer your question.
Old October 20th, 2012, 11:32 AM   #9 (permalink)

Device(s):

copy frm divice and paste in external sd card
Old October 23rd, 2012, 12:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
CVL

Device(s):

Isn't it possible to move downloaded apps (or some of them at least) from Android/Data to ExtSD/Android/Data on the Galaxy Tab 2? I'm able to do it on my Galaxy Ace 2 and in that way freeing up valuable space on the internal memory so was wondering why it wouldn't be the same on the GT2 (which I'll be getting soon). I know the two devices are using different versions of Android, but still... Thank you.
sponsored links
Old October 24th, 2012, 12:35 AM   #11 (permalink)

Device(s): Galaxy Nexus, Lenovo IdeaPad A1, Le Pan TC 970, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, KF HD 7
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVL View Post
Isn't it possible to move downloaded apps (or some of them at least) from Android/Data to ExtSD/Android/Data on the Galaxy Tab 2? I'm able to do it on my Galaxy Ace 2 and in that way freeing up valuable space on the internal memory so was wondering why it wouldn't be the same on the GT2 (which I'll be getting soon). I know the two devices are using different versions of Android, but still... Thank you.
Read this thread. Without rooting 4.x cannot move apps from internal memory to the ext SC card.

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 2