Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 14th, 2012, 04:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default MS BT Keyboard 5000 will Not work

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 tablet (Android 4.0.4). I can get my BT mouse to work but my Microsoft 5000 BT Keyboard does not.

I tried another BT keyboard (Dell Axim Excutive/Think Outside Stowaway) and it works fine. Both keyboards are listed as "connected to input device" but only the Dell will input data into the Text/Notepad app.

Any ideas? I know the MS keyboard works - I use it with my Toshiba Libretto U105 and just to be sure I put fresh batteries in it. When I pair it with the Samsung Galaxy it gives me a code to type in, which I do, hit enter and the Galaxy then list it as connected. But it doesn't work. Strange.

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old October 14th, 2012, 05:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

So I did a chat with Samsung about this. They told me it's Microsoft's issue.

So here's an extract of the chat:

Visitor: The Microsoft BT keyboard is the most common keyboard for mobile devices. Why doesn't it work?

Sherwin: I'm sorry; the hardware of the tab may not be compatible with the Microsoft BT keyboard.
Visitor: So how do I fix it?

Sherwin: I'm sorry; we can use any of the USB keyboard with the tab using the USB adapter kit.

Sherwin: Only few bluetooth keyboards will be supported by the WiFi tabs.

Visitor: Which ones are supported?

Sherwin: The compatible list of the bluetooth keyboards will be available the keyboard manufactures and any of the USB keyboard will work with the tab.

Visitor: So Microsoft will list if their keyboard is compatiable with the Samsung Tab 2.0 models?

Sherwin: Yes, you are correct.

Visitor: I coundn't find anything on Microsoft's site that listed compatability. Do you have a link?

Sherwin: I'm sorry; we in live chat doesn't have the information regarding the non Samsung units and I don't want to provide any false information regarding the product.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He offered my the Samsung docking keyboard as a solution for $80 - no real answer on why it doesn't work.
Old October 15th, 2012, 07:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

Device(s):

I have a Logitech BT keyboard and it works great.
Old October 15th, 2012, 08:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Wasn't Me

Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoresteen View Post
So I did a chat with Samsung about this. They told me it's Microsoft's issue.

So here's an extract of the chat:

Visitor: The Microsoft BT keyboard is the most common keyboard for mobile devices. Why doesn't it work?

Sherwin: I'm sorry; the hardware of the tab may not be compatible with the Microsoft BT keyboard.
Visitor: So how do I fix it?

Sherwin: I'm sorry; we can use any of the USB keyboard with the tab using the USB adapter kit.

Sherwin: Only few bluetooth keyboards will be supported by the WiFi tabs.

Visitor: Which ones are supported?

Sherwin: The compatible list of the bluetooth keyboards will be available the keyboard manufactures and any of the USB keyboard will work with the tab.

Visitor: So Microsoft will list if their keyboard is compatiable with the Samsung Tab 2.0 models?

Sherwin: Yes, you are correct.

Visitor: I coundn't find anything on Microsoft's site that listed compatability. Do you have a link?

Sherwin: I'm sorry; we in live chat doesn't have the information regarding the non Samsung units and I don't want to provide any false information regarding the product.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He offered my the Samsung docking keyboard as a solution for $80 - no real answer on why it doesn't work.
Aoresteen BT keyboards are hit or miss so in all fairness, he couldn't give you a definitive reason for why it didn't work. The same keyboard that works with one device may not work with another. With my Galaxy Player 5.0 I tried 3 different BT KB's. Need recommendations for a BT keyboard for GP5. That link it just to a very long thread where so many people tried to help me. No matter what I did or what apps I used; nothing would allow a BT KB to connect to my device. These are all the ones I tried and as you can see, Motorola's was first.

1. Motorola Wireless BT KB connects to E4GT with no problem and most recently a tablet my niece rec'd.
2. ZAGGkeys Solo for Android also connects to E4GT & nieces tablet.
3. Logitech K760 (my current KB favorite) connects to E4GT & iPad 2.

The general consensus is either the Logitech BT KB for Android 3.0 or Apple's Wireless BT KB. The Logitech gets rave reviews.
Old November 25th, 2012, 09:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, Samsung Galaxy SII
Carrier: T-Mob

Default Other MS BT device - Samsung Tab pairing problems

I also have a similar difficulty: pairing a MS Bluetooth Presenter Mouse with my Samsung Tab 2 7.0. Here are the details, as they may be useful to others.

I experimented with a dozen or more keyboards and pointing devices at a Fry's while figuring out what works on my Tab on a trip to the West Coast. All of the input devices I tried, including at least one MS keyboard/mouse pair, paired without a problem. In all cases, the Tab recognized the devices I was trying to connect.

I bought a SIIG Bluetooth keyboard there, and planned to use the MS BT Presenter Mouse I had left at home. But here I am back home, trying unsuccessfully to pair that mouse. The Tab sees the mouse's physical address, but it does not recognize it as an MS mouse.

When I select that address to pair with the Tab, I am prompted for the device's required PIN and instructed to enter PIN on the other device as well. I have tried entering 0000, 1234 and 1111, but the Tab responds "Pairing rejected by [mouse address]", leaving me without a functioning mouse.
Old February 5th, 2013, 09:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s):

OK This may be a dumb question but it just about any BT keyboard work for this? For instance I see a ton of "bluetooth keyboard for ipad" but I would assume since it connects via blue tooth it would work for this device. Correct?

I'm looking for a good, reliable one that won't cost me three digits if anyone has suggestions.
Last edited by bigtlikesdroid; February 5th, 2013 at 10:01 PM.

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 2