Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 2nd, 2012, 02:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Keyboard Cover Like This?

First let me start off by saying that I have owned 2 different Asus Transformers. I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0, which came with a bluetooth keyboard that I did not like. I have been trying to find something like: Buy.com - Impulse Aluminum Keyboard Case w/ Built-In Bluetooth for iPad 2 & iPad 3 (Black)

I know they make http://www.***********.com/nexus-7-aluminum-wireless-keyboard-case-only-39-99/ for the Nexus 7. But so far nothing like this for the tab 2. I want the tablet to be able to be closed into the keyboard cover (not like some of these devices where the keyboard and tablet cannot be held together and opened fairly quickly).

For the Tab2. All I manage to find are leather cases. I have owned leather cases and I do not like how a lot of them have kick stands. I want to be able to open the tablet (much like a laptop) and just sit on my lap. I rarely sit the tablet on my desk, so a stand is pointless to me. I do not think the cover is the perfect solution, but it seems to be the best.

I will say Snugg Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7 0 Black PU Leather Case Cover and 2 Position Stand | eBay Doesn't look to bad..anyone own one of these?

sponsored links
Old November 2nd, 2012, 03:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
I ain't nobody!

Device(s): Motorola Moto G, Samsung Stratosphere, Galaxy Tab 2 SE.
Carrier: T-Mobile

Did you see the sticky?

Tab 2 Cases?
Old November 2nd, 2012, 08:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by saptech View Post
Did you see the sticky?

Tab 2 Cases?
I did see the sticky, and I looked through it. I did not see any cases that looked like the one that I was asking about. Do you see what like that in there?
Old November 2nd, 2012, 09:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
I ain't nobody!

No I didn't see one. You are referring to the one from Buy.com? It is a nice keyboard cover though.

I have the keyboard that came with the Student Edition and bought a different Case from Amazon.
Old November 4th, 2012, 09:25 AM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Victory, LG Optimus V, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 SE (GT-P3113) 4.1.1, A600(USB)
Carrier: Virgin Mobile, Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by saptech View Post
No I didn't see one. You are referring to the one from Buy.com? It is a nice keyboard cover though.

I have the keyboard that came with the Student Edition and bought a different Case from Amazon.
Link?
Old November 4th, 2012, 03:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
I ain't nobody!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neublet View Post
First let me start off by saying that I have owned 2 different Asus Transformers. I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0, which came with a bluetooth keyboard that I did not like. I have been trying to find something like: Buy.com - Impulse Aluminum Keyboard Case w/ Built-In Bluetooth for iPad 2 & iPad 3 (Black)

I know they make http://www.***********.com/nexus-7-aluminum-wireless-keyboard-case-only-39-99/ for the Nexus 7. But so far nothing like this for the tab 2. I want the tablet to be able to be closed into the keyboard cover (not like some of these devices where the keyboard and tablet cannot be held together and opened fairly quickly).

For the Tab2. All I manage to find are leather cases. I have owned leather cases and I do not like how a lot of them have kick stands. I want to be able to open the tablet (much like a laptop) and just sit on my lap. I rarely sit the tablet on my desk, so a stand is pointless to me. I do not think the cover is the perfect solution, but it seems to be the best.

I will say Snugg Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7 0 Black PU Leather Case Cover and 2 Position Stand | eBay Doesn't look to bad..anyone own one of these?
I'm assuming he is referring to the one from Buy dot com. But want one for the Tab 2.

This is the one I purchased if that what you are asking.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008J0O7HA/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00
Last edited by saptech; November 4th, 2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old November 4th, 2012, 07:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Victory, LG Optimus V, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 SE (GT-P3113) 4.1.1, A600(USB)
Carrier: Virgin Mobile, Cricket

Oh, I thought you bought a case for your keyboard.
Old November 6th, 2012, 01:46 PM   #8 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SII smartphone, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, former owner of a Kobo Vox eReader

renee0986

IVSOŽ Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard Portfolio Case For Samsung Galaxy TAB 2 P3110 P3100 P3113(Black): Amazon.ca: Electronics

I have bought this one (but from eBay). I find it to be just ok. I think it would be better if there was some sort of fastener to ensure the case stays closed. I like to throw my tab in my purse and go about my day. But I often find that things find their way between the keyboard and the screen of the Tab. This makes me worry that I may damage my screen even with a screen protector installed. Also using this keyboard for any amount of typing isn't very easy. Perhaps over time I will develop a touch for exactly how to type on this device. But now I find that I experience misstrokes or don't get a letter to appear when pressing a key. It seems as though you have to hit the keys at the exact right angle in order for them to work. It is a little better than on screen typing if you have a lot of typing to do but I think it would be better if it wasn't made of a gel-type material but rather made of a hard plastic or something which would be a little more precise to type on.

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 2