Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By technomagic
  • 1 Post By Mackinon
  • 3 Post By kbbru

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 27th, 2012, 11:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default How To Downgrade Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 JB 4.1.1 to ICS 4.0.1

Hey guyz help me out i want to downgrade Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 JB 4.1.1 to ICS 4.0.4
i recently update my GT-P3100 with JB 4.1.1 and im not at all happy with user interface so i want to go back to ICS 4.0.4
im new user of Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100
please tell me step by step procedure of downgrade to official ICS 4.0.4
ahlyn likes this.

technomagic is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to technomagic For This Useful Post:
ahlyn (August 4th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old December 27th, 2012, 08:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
I ain't nobody!
 
saptech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Third Stone from the Sun
Posts: 3,545
 
Device(s): Motorola Moto G, Samsung Stratosphere, Galaxy Tab 2 SE.
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 572
Thanked 768 Times in 612 Posts
Default

Well, I haven't upgraded to JB yet, but from my understanding, you may have to root or get an ICS Rom to downgrade. Look into those type of options.

I'm not into rooting yet, so I can't help with it.
__________________
Like it is...Yusef Lateef
saptech is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2012, 11:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bangalore, India
Gender: Male
Posts: 252
 
Device(s): SGA GT-S5830 Galaxy Tab 2.7.0 GT-P3100 Galaxy SIII GT -I9300
Carrier: IT

Thanks: 19
Thanked 29 Times in 27 Posts
www.google.com
Default

check this site samfirmware.com

they have the instructions and the files that are required to flash an official rom for almost all samsung devices also see the user manual of how to flash the rom before you try anything.

make sure what your are doing and do it at your own risk..
saptech likes this.
__________________
Give me some MB's http://db.tt/IzxPvtOl
Samsung galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Running Stock Jelly Bean 4.1.2
Mackinon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2012, 11:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 62
 
Device(s): GT-P3110 (Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7.0)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomagic View Post
please tell me step by step procedure of downgrade to official ICS 4.0.4
Have you even tried to find that information yourself? Or do you expect people to hand everything to you on a plate without effort? The same thing was discussed only a few threads back: Reverting From JB To ICS Without Root?
kbbru is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 04:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbbru View Post
Have you even tried to find that information yourself? Or do you expect people to hand everything to you on a plate without effort? The same thing was discussed only a few threads back: Reverting From JB To ICS Without Root?
yes i checked that thread before making this new thread but it was created for GT-P3110 n im using GT-P3100 i just brought tab 2 before a week back and i dont want to loose warranty of it so im worried about my tab
1 more thing is in Reverting From JB To ICS Without Root? thread didnt explain step by step procedure... i have done flashing more than 1000 times on nokia devices but never used any of android device n im going to 1st time experience to flash on android device and that too downgrading part its most difficult i dont want to brick my device.
hope u understand my problem
im happy if u guide me properly step by step to downgrade because i really want to go back with ICS 4.0.4
Thanks
technomagic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 05:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bangalore, India
Gender: Male
Posts: 252
 
Device(s): SGA GT-S5830 Galaxy Tab 2.7.0 GT-P3100 Galaxy SIII GT -I9300
Carrier: IT

Thanks: 19
Thanked 29 Times in 27 Posts
www.google.com
Default

The point here is that this is a already discussed in the other thread and to avoid having duplicate threads.
Mackinon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 06:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Someone please guide me to Step By Step Downgrade Procedure for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 JB 4.1.1 to ICS 4.0.1 & help me out
technomagic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 09:22 AM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 62
 
Device(s): GT-P3110 (Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7.0)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Default

deleted
kbbru is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 12:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

How mean I need support u guys n u r like showing attitude
Fine leaving this forum will spend money n downgrade my device
technomagic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 01:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 62
 
Device(s): GT-P3110 (Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7.0)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomagic View Post
How mean I need support u guys n u r like showing attitude
Fine leaving this forum will spend money n downgrade my device
Have you considered that maybe we don't have that information ready for you? I'm sure that what you need is somewhere out there, and we have tried to point you in (what we suppose is) the right direction. But do you honestly expect people to spend time on this for you, while you obviously don't feel like spending time and effort on this yourself?

You could for instance start composing a step-by-step process yourself and ask us about any doubts that you might have. Asking detailed, to the point questions generally gets you better answers than demanding pronto, on-the-spot, immediate solutions to your problem.
saptech, Mackinon and Chucktown75 like this.
kbbru is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kbbru For This Useful Post:
jkn1946 (December 29th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old December 29th, 2012, 05:36 AM   #11 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i have download
* Firmware from Here
* Odin3 v1.87.
* turn off my tablet
now what next to do???
should i connect tablet with pc??
harshalp99 is offline  
Last edited by harshalp99; December 29th, 2012 at 05:42 AM. Reason: please delete this post i have post here by mistakenly
Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2012, 05:38 AM   #12 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Samsung the best

bring it to samsung store they are the ony who can help you thx
sapphire02 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2012, 10:23 AM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bangalore, India
Gender: Male
Posts: 252
 
Device(s): SGA GT-S5830 Galaxy Tab 2.7.0 GT-P3100 Galaxy SIII GT -I9300
Carrier: IT

Thanks: 19
Thanked 29 Times in 27 Posts
www.google.com
Default

how come nobody knows about flashing a rom on tab2.

i am tired of doing this things with my galaxy ace and i kind of like the JB on the tab2. so not planning to try this any time soon.
Mackinon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2013, 11:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I reverted mine to ICS 4.0.4 today (not happy with the interface either). Here is how I did it...

-back up any data you don't want to lose from your tablet
-download the ICS firmware from the site of your choice and unzip it wherever you like
-download and install Odin3 (latest version I saw was 1.87, but I used 1.85) from the site of your choice on a Windows computer
-make sure all PC drivers for the tab are installed (they are installed by Kies)
-make sure Kies is not running
-turn off the tablet
-make sure the tablet is not plugged into the computer and has a good bit of battery left
-turn the tablet on into recovery mode by pressing and holding the up volume and the on/off button
-select factory reset and do it
-select reboot
-turn the tablet off again
-turn the tablet on into download mode by pressing and holding the down volume button and the on/off at the same time
-when it asks if you are sure you want to download, press up volume to say yes
-plug the tablet into the computer's USB port, and make sure it says "Added!" in the window
-check the PDA box in Odin
-click the PDA button and browse to the .md5 file you unzipped
-click Start in Odin
-when it finishes, the tablet should boot into ICS
-if the progress meter on the tablet and in the Odin window don't move for a long time, there might be a problem with the USB drivers... maybe try another usb port, or else reinstall the drivers
-if it hangs at the Samsung screen... I had that too, as I did all this initially without the factory wipe. After I did that and reflashed the rom, it started working again. If it does this even after the wipe, I would suggest trying the wipe and see if that works... if not, try flashing again too.

Be aware that there is always risk in flashing the firmware, and if things go wrong, I can't be responsible for that.

Good luck!
Ascaris is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ascaris For This Useful Post:
shelliewnj (January 13th, 2013)
Old January 13th, 2013, 02:56 AM   #15 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SW France
Gender: Male
Posts: 62
 
Device(s): Tab 2 7.0,(GT3100) 3g,16 Gig int mem, JellyBean 4.1.2, 32 gig sd card. S3 mini, JB 4.1.2, 32 gig sd
Carrier: Sim free, using local telco

Thanks: 9
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

I did not ask about this myself, but that was a very helpful reply from Ascaris. If there are mods on this site that response should probably be marked as a sticky.
I am running ICS 4.03 (which it came with) on my Tab2 and having read many of the threads and posts there is no way I am upgrading from that.
I think that Samsung will end up like Sony, so full of themselves that they think they can ignore their customer base and eventually just fall by the wayside.

If no-one else says it - Thanks Ascaris.
hkmk23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2013, 10:50 AM   #16 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Western Ma, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 4
 
Device(s): Samsung Tab2 7.0 4.1.1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I upgraded from ICSto jb over the air 2 nights ago.
I have had my Tab only since Christmas and read all threads here and elsewhere re: the JB update. I decided to go for it and am glad I did.
No problems other than reinstalling my Samsung account.
All apps work as before and I am happy I have the lastest os.

Before I did this I read and downloaded all the advice and content regarding reverting bsck to ICS
incase I didn't like it or it didn't go well.
Being prepared never hurts
hmgaffney is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2013, 09:14 AM   #17 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaris View Post
I reverted mine to ICS 4.0.4 today (not happy with the interface either). Here is how I did it...

-back up any data you don't want to lose from your tablet
-download the ICS firmware from the site of your choice and unzip it wherever you like
-download and install Odin3 (latest version I saw was 1.87, but I used 1.85) from the site of your choice on a Windows computer
-make sure all PC drivers for the tab are installed (they are installed by Kies)
-make sure Kies is not running
-turn off the tablet
-make sure the tablet is not plugged into the computer and has a good bit of battery left
-turn the tablet on into recovery mode by pressing and holding the up volume and the on/off button
-select factory reset and do it
-select reboot
-turn the tablet off again
-turn the tablet on into download mode by pressing and holding the down volume button and the on/off at the same time
-when it asks if you are sure you want to download, press up volume to say yes
-plug the tablet into the computer's USB port, and make sure it says "Added!" in the window
-check the PDA box in Odin
-click the PDA button and browse to the .md5 file you unzipped
-click Start in Odin
-when it finishes, the tablet should boot into ICS
-if the progress meter on the tablet and in the Odin window don't move for a long time, there might be a problem with the USB drivers... maybe try another usb port, or else reinstall the drivers
-if it hangs at the Samsung screen... I had that too, as I did all this initially without the factory wipe. After I did that and reflashed the rom, it started working again. If it does this even after the wipe, I would suggest trying the wipe and see if that works... if not, try flashing again too.

Be aware that there is always risk in flashing the firmware, and if things go wrong, I can't be responsible for that.

Good luck!
Sucessfully downgraded my P3100 following these exact instructions.

My Tab did hang at the Samsung Boot screen after completing, but i just did a factory reset and it booted perfectly! thanks for the help!
elantraelite is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to elantraelite For This Useful Post:
ahlyn (August 4th, 2013)
Old August 4th, 2013, 07:45 AM   #18 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomagic View Post
Hey guyz help me out i want to downgrade Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 JB 4.1.1 to ICS 4.0.4
i recently update my GT-P3100 with JB 4.1.1 and im not at all happy with user interface so i want to go back to ICS 4.0.4
im new user of Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100
please tell me step by step procedure of downgrade to official ICS 4.0.4
guyzz please heLp me to downgrade GT-P3100 tab2 im not happy with the new upgrade... plzzz help thank you.....
ahlyn is offline  
Last edited by MoodyBlues; August 4th, 2013 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Spelling correction
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.