Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 4th, 2013, 01:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note II HTC Evo 4G Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Asus E Pad Transformer
Carrier: Sprint

Default Microsoft ActiveSync not loading emails

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a Galaxy Tab 2 and I'm trying to set up my work Outlook account. I can get the account set up, it's connected to the server, but no emails will load. When I set up the same issue on my Android phone, I got a pop-up requesting that I allow the server access to my device and I clicked ok. Everything syncs perfectly. However, this never pops up on the tablet. I think this is why it's connected but nothing will download to the device. I looked under alerts and there's nothing there.

Can anyone help me with where to go to allow access to this so my email will actually load on the device?

Many thanks!!

sponsored links
Old January 4th, 2013, 08:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Emotionless Ogre

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113, Sony Google TV, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Nextbook 7.
Carrier: Verizon

I'm going to assume that your work uses Microsoft Exchange, and that they have configured it for outside access via mobile devices.

Try deleting the account, and adding it back. Make certain for the type of account to add, that you don't choose "Email", but "Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync".

All of the default settings for that server type should work. You might drill down in the settings and try with and without SSL, but they typically do use SSL.

If your work doesn't use Microsoft Exchange, you may need to add it as "Email" instead.
Old January 5th, 2013, 08:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note II HTC Evo 4G Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Asus E Pad Transformer
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwither View Post
I'm going to assume that your work uses Microsoft Exchange, and that they have configured it for outside access via mobile devices.

Try deleting the account, and adding it back. Make certain for the type of account to add, that you don't choose "Email", but "Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync".

All of the default settings for that server type should work. You might drill down in the settings and try with and without SSL, but they typically do use SSL.

If your work doesn't use Microsoft Exchange, you may need to add it as "Email" instead.
Thanks for the response. I've done all that. I have deleted and recreated the email account a dozen times. I even deleted all the email accounts and then only created the work one, thinking there was some weird conflict. I could understand if it couldn't connect to the server, but it is. I've done the with/without SSL.

This makes no sense. Thanks for trying to help though! Those were all good ideas.
Old January 5th, 2013, 09:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Emotionless Ogre

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113, Sony Google TV, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Nextbook 7.
Carrier: Verizon

Have you tried other e-mail clients, like MailDroid or Aqua Mail? Even if you don't like their features, it may help provide a clue as to the issue.

Secondly, if the tab is wifi only, will the phone download e-mail if it is limited to wifi, and not your cellular carrier? That would indicate a firewall issue.
Last edited by jwither; January 5th, 2013 at 10:01 AM.

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 2