January 8th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Join Date: Aug 2011
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113, Sony Google TV, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Nextbook 7.
Thanked 146 Times in 110 Posts
Hard Reset Using the Hardware Method
If you can’t get into the Operating System at all, then you can perform a hard reset using only the hardware.
1. With the device turned off, hold the Volume Up button and press the Power button.
2. Continue to hold the Volume Up button and you’ll see the recovery screen appear after you see the Samsung Logo.
3. Use volume up and down to navigate to Wipe Data / Factory Reset and press the Power button to confirm.
4. Use volume up and down to navigate to Yes and press the Power button to confirm.
5. Use volume up and down to navigate to Reboot System Now and press the Power button to confirm.
6. The device will restart and boot into the recovery mode to finish the process. You’ll see the Android logo for a few moments, and it will restart again. When this is complete, you’ll be back to the Welcome screen to setup the device.