Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 17th, 2013, 11:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Notsure Cant download to my extSD

i have a Galaxy 2 7.0 and I don't know how or why when I bought it I couldn't download anything from internet to my external SD card... I don't know what I did but eventually other download... and I had no problem... but now... since yesterday don't know what I did... (cant remember doing anything) but now I center download again... center anyone help me?? I'd be grateful

sponsored links
Old January 17th, 2013, 11:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Emotionless Ogre

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113, Sony Google TV, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Nextbook 7.
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrlosOblivion View Post
i have a Galaxy 2 7.0 and I don't know how or why when I bought it I couldn't download anything from internet to my external SD card... I don't know what I did but eventually other download... and I had no problem... but now... since yesterday don't know what I did... (cant remember doing anything) but now I center download again... center anyone help me?? I'd be grateful
I think it depends on which browser you're using. I only use the stock browser and Chrome. In the stock browser, go to Settings, Advanced, then Default Storage. In Chrome I can't find a way to change the default location for downloads, they go to /storage/sdcard0/Downloads. Maybe it's because I'm not signed in to Chrome, I don't know.

Hope this helps.
Old January 17th, 2013, 11:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

well... I use Opera... but let me try with chrome or the default browser... but I use torrent also... and I've been downloading with no problem till now... anything else you can tell me???
Old January 17th, 2013, 12:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Emotionless Ogre

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113, Sony Google TV, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Nextbook 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrlosOblivion View Post
well... I use Opera... but let me try with chrome or the default browser... but I use torrent also... and I've been downloading with no problem till now... anything else you can tell me???
Just installed Opera. I don't see an option to save to the extsdcard, or even the /storage folder where I can select it, only the sdcard, which of course is internal.
Old January 17th, 2013, 01:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

what you do is this... when you start downloading something it gives you the first window, it says to seven it in "downloads" which Is the internal storage, but you center change it... you click on top f "downloads" and select "other" then "/mnt" then "extSDcard" and that's your External Storage... but it won't save anything there... just in the internal storage
Old January 17th, 2013, 02:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Emotionless Ogre

At first I didn't notice I was using Opera Mini, tried again with Opera Mobile, and the only options in /mnt for a download location are asec, obb, and secure. No path to the extsdcard. Is that what you're seeing?
Old January 17th, 2013, 02:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

mmmmm... interesting, cause I have obb, secure, asec, sdcard, extsdcard, usbdrive A thru F... all those options
Old January 17th, 2013, 02:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Emotionless Ogre

Rebooted it, same thing, only three locations. Might be the type of file I'm downloading (.mp3). Maybe another Opera user can offer some info...
Old January 17th, 2013, 03:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

OK.... I kinda solved the problem... apparently, it got solved by just removing the SD card and putting it back on... so never mind xDDD I just downloaded Fire Red for the GBA with no problem... and I'm downloading via torrent Quantum of Solace... so yea.... thanks anyway...
Old January 17th, 2013, 03:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

well... I tried to download and image from 9gag when I wrote my previous post... but it works the same with everything I download... what tablet did you say you have??
sponsored links
Tags
download, external sd card

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 2